Blues Guitar Duel: Sanctus Ignis vs GD_GC

PDA

View Full Version : Blues Guitar Duel: Sanctus Ignis vs GD_GC

HawkaLuigi
09-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Unfortunately, I had to change Sanctus Ignis' opponent in order to keep the duels going smoothly. My brotha' from another motha' will be battling GD_GC my partner in the UG Radio and one bad ass user for a spot in the next round.

GD_GC - Blues Contest Entry

vs

Sanctus Ignis - UG Blues Duel Thrash

Go to their profile and choose the blues duel song for the battle to listen to it. Good luck to both of you! :heart:

-HawkaLuigi :cheers:

Bluesbreaker7
09-20-2007, 09:57 AM
GD_GC for me. Nice stuff!

meh!
09-20-2007, 11:07 AM
My vote has to go for GD_GC as well.

I think Sanctus could have done with a backing track, I would really have liked some constant rythym going on on his one. The thing seemed kind of "bitty"? Some good playing it in, and I tihnk so good ideas but it could have been puled off a little better.

GD_GC should have made it longer! :P Good playing and a fun tone though maybe the whole thing could have had a bit more direction and played more as a "piece" than as if you've just extracted some music and done a solo that would fit easily into a song.

Either way, GD_GC for me :)

Sanctus Ignis
09-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Haha, I knew I was screwed. :p: I was gonna record bass and drums under it, but I didn't have enough time.

Not my best material at all, but hey it's decent. At the time of recording, I had yet to hear back from the radiologist about my then-thought-to-be tumor (turned out to be just a cyst, and got it taken care of today), so my mind wasn't exactly set on the piece. Also, I haven't touched my guitar in at least a month. :p:

Good luck GD! :D

meh!
09-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Haha, I knew I was screwed. :p: I was gonna record bass and drums under it, but I didn't have enough time.

Not my best material at all, but hey it's decent. At the time of recording, I had yet to hear back from the radiologist about my then-thought-to-be tumor (turned out to be just a cyst, and got it taken care of today), so my mind wasn't exactly set on the piece. Also, I haven't touched my guitar in at least a month. :p:

Good luck GD! :D

i erally think my opinion would have been a lot different if you'd got that rythym stuff in there lol. Even a backing track would ahve done. Hurray about the cyst though :p (that's not something you hear everyday....)

GD_GC
09-20-2007, 03:57 PM
this is gonna be a good one, good luck sanctus

WyldeGibsonPlyr
09-20-2007, 04:00 PM
GD takes my vote.

matt92l
09-21-2007, 02:47 AM
gd gc- you sound alot like stevie ray. keep it up

GD_GC
09-23-2007, 08:39 AM
thanks everyone. so hawka how long is this gonna be up for?

HawkaLuigi
09-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I'll give it till the end of the day. It's a landslide. :sad:

Sanctus Ignis
09-23-2007, 11:51 AM
We can close it now. We know who's gonna win. :p:

Congrats GD! :cheers:

GD_GC
09-23-2007, 12:25 PM
thanks man

:cheers:

justin_fraser
09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Im actually going sanctus ignis on this one. Its seems a lot more original to me than the other one because I noticed a lot of SRV licks and what not in there. Although it was still extremely well done, I like the originality of Sanctus'.

matt92l
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
^ you no what i somewhat agree with you although both of them were great.
Bring on the next dual!

HawkaLuigi
09-23-2007, 04:45 PM
You're actually next matt92l. You never replied back to my PM.

matt92l
09-23-2007, 04:50 PM
^ Yes i did.Stupid pm system

HawkaLuigi
09-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Send it again matt.

Andrew or Jasper, close the thread, this duel is over.