12bar Blues?!?

PDA

View Full Version : 12bar Blues?!?

Pardoned
09-23-2007, 11:11 PM
hey, ive been looking through tons of blues guys trying to find some good slow 12Bar electric/acoustic blues albums/songs. it really hard to find anything like that... so i guess im wondering if anyone could recomend anything...

am looking for similar things like
Joe Bonamassa - Blues Deluxe(song)
Jimi Hendrix - Red House/Catfish Blues
John Mayer - Out Of My Mind.
Eric Clapton/Eddie Boyd - Five Long Years

gothikchile13
09-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Check out Kenny Wayne Shepherd. He's in the same vein as Stevie Ray Vaughan, just...newer.

There's also thousands of 12 bar songs from older guys like Buddy Guy, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker, etc.

It'll just take some research on your part.

Enjoy!

-g13

MastaBassist10
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
Check out Kenny Wayne Shepherd. He's in the same vein as Stevie Ray Vaughan, just...newer.

There's also thousands of 12 bar songs from older guys like Buddy Guy, Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker, etc.

It'll just take some research on your part.

Enjoy!

-g13
Wow, nice to see you again. I've always liked you dude. Good man :cool:

I would have to stereotypically recommend Stevie Ray, but a lot of be bop jazz is 12 bar as well.

JimmyStradlin33
09-29-2007, 06:29 PM
A lot of Freddie King's stuff is as well, i thoroughly recommend his cover of Robert Johnsons Sweet Home Chicago, which also happens to be a 12 bar blues

Jackolas
09-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Cool, I was just about to check him out actually.

BTW A new Joe Bonamassa track jus came on my fave radio channel, great player and that.

gothikchile13
10-06-2007, 12:29 AM
Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Cool, I was just about to check him out actually.

BTW A new Joe Bonamassa track jus came on my fave radio channel, great player and that.

Yeah, if you get a chance check out Joe's Blues Deluxe and A New Day Yesterday albums. They r0x0r.

MastaBassist, what's up, man? Good to be back!

-g13

Sly Taco
10-07-2007, 01:56 AM
get some derek and the dominos boyyyyyyyyyyy