hardcore/metalcore vs metal

PDA

View Full Version : hardcore/metalcore vs metal

Taylz24
09-24-2007, 05:08 AM
can someone please explain why they are separated arent they just sub genres of metal?
kinda stupid imo, coz i love em both and they are on separate forums

seanington
09-24-2007, 05:10 AM
metal spawns elitists...?

Lemoninfluence
09-24-2007, 05:18 AM
oh sorry, you love them both?

we'll just have to change it then. :rolleyes:

my guess is that it's hardcore punk, and metalcore is hardcore punk with metal influences.

that... and the fact that the metal forum is the busiest one so anything they can do to relieve the mods workload will help.

guitarwannabe16
09-24-2007, 05:50 AM
Metalcore is HARDCORE music influenced with some METAL.

They are separated because Metalcore is substantially different from actual Metal. In essence Metalcore nowadays is a somewhat watered down version of real metal.

Go read the FAQ. Its to prevent pointless threads like this.

remember
09-24-2007, 06:55 AM
Metalcore is HARDCORE music influenced with some METAL.

They are separated because Metalcore is substantially different from actual Metal. In essence Metalcore nowadays is a somewhat watered down version of real metal.

Go read the FAQ. Its to prevent pointless threads like this.

actually most metalcore bands are influenced by melodic death metal like at the gates and in flames in which half of there riffs come from.

most are influenced by metal, hardcore is just a term people threw on because of breakdowns and other **** like that.

mr.joopy987
09-24-2007, 07:34 AM
actually most metalcore bands are influenced by melodic death metal like at the gates and in flames in which half of there riffs come from.

most are influenced by metal, hardcore is just a term people threw on because of breakdowns and other **** like that.
The original Metalcore bands had far more hardcore influence, and were around before At The Gates were a band.

Paracetamol
09-24-2007, 07:37 AM
is it that ****ing hard to lurk two different forums occasionaly, cos it saves alot of pimple faced 14 year olds having a pantera vs evergreen terrace war. Plus the stuff I listen to is nothing like metal, learn about things before you rip on them.

Rufiothebandito
09-24-2007, 09:25 AM
I see metalcore as the new iteration of metal and it should definitely be a sub genre even if it has hardcore influences.
Genres progress all the time and this is another example, just because some of the metalheads hate having this new form associated with their beloved old form doesn't mean it's not viable or to be looked down upon which for the most part is what I see.

remember
09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
The original Metalcore bands had far more hardcore influence, and were around before At The Gates were a band.

can you name me one of these bands?

Lemoninfluence
09-24-2007, 10:59 AM
I know nothing about metalcore/hardcore but wiki has a few that started in the early 90s and states that the genre started in the late 80's with Breakdown as one of the earlier bands, which started in 86 as opposed to at the gates who started in 1990.

Integrity started in 88

Leeway started in 84.

madball 88

Judge- 87

these are all from wiki, and as I've already stated I know nothing personally about the genre.

bandersong
09-24-2007, 11:04 AM
shouldnt this be closed? theres already an FAQ on this

guitarwannabe16
09-24-2007, 12:44 PM

What is Hatebreed?

STABxYOU
09-24-2007, 12:46 PM

Converge(1990), Earth Crisis(1991), Cro-mags(1982, but started as more old school hardcore) Madball(1988)...

Metalcore has a long history, and it's only recent that every crappy metal band that metalheads don't like gets lumped in with it.

It's really simple, hardcore is hardcore PUNK and isn't a subgenre of metal.

PiNk_ThE_pUnK
09-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Someone asks about early metalcore bands and NO-ONE mentions Merauder?! Shame on you all!

I'm closing this because the FAQ covers all of this and they always turn into stupid bickering.