Duane "Skydog" Allman

PDA

View Full Version : Duane "Skydog" Allman

Ramblin'_Man
09-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey i looked through the blues forum and i never saw a Duane Allman thread so heres one. Everything from The Hourglass, Allman Joys, The Allman Brothers Band or his many session recordings can be discussed.

ledhed68
09-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Duane, IMO, is one of the most well rounded guitarist in the past 40 years, and for sure my favorite. I mean he can play great jazz (or jazz fusion whatever you want to call it), blues, soul, rock, acoustic, and not to mention his slide playing.

spaminator101
09-25-2007, 09:00 PM
i absolutely love duane, probably my favorite duane allman "thingymajig" would have to be the "joy to the world" at the end of You Dont Love Me LAFE

Ramblin'_Man
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
yeah thats such a good song, i think my favorite non-slide solo would have to be his solo from their cover of "Dimples" which is a John Lee Hooker song and my fav. slide is definately "Drunken Hearted Boy" from LAFE, it's just so cool and chill

Sly Taco
10-05-2007, 11:06 AM
I love the harmony solo with the dickster in Blue Sky

Ramblin'_Man
10-22-2007, 05:23 PM
I was wondering would anyone be able to tab out "Drunken Hearted Boy" from Live at Filmore East? I'm pretty sure it's in standard tuning because its an encore and duane didnt have time to retune. Either standard or Open E is good. Thanks for the help if anyone can.
Pat

PatchworkMan
10-22-2007, 11:49 PM
They probably do a lot more talking about Duane Allman in the classic rock forum than here.

I love his stuff with Clapton in Derek and the Dominos. It's sad that bad only made one album.

meh!
10-23-2007, 06:44 AM
I love his stuff with Clapton in Derek and the Dominos. It's sad that bad only made one album.

Freudian slip? :p

I always got tired of Layla really quickly, never got into the rest of that stuff.

claptonfan55
11-10-2007, 11:54 PM
I always got tired of Layla really quickly, never got into the rest of that stuff.
really? I personally thought that the Layla album was some of Duane's best work. Of course, though, he definitely kicked ass in the Allmans (duh).