Unearth, August Burns Red, Darkest Hour tour.

PDA

View Full Version : Unearth, August Burns Red, Darkest Hour tour.

Frobot!
09-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Hey people.

ABR is finally touring near me, but as I have no experience with this kind of concert, there are a couple things I would like to have cleared up.

So, to anyone who has seen them on this tour:

How long was their set?

If the show starts at 18:00 (6:00pm), when will they be playing?

How much was any merch they were selling?

Thanks ahead of time, and forgive my n00bish-ness.

guitarwannabe16
09-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Yo, theres a million August Burns Red threads already. Search and use one of them.

ibanezguitarz07
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
the show will go from like 6 to about 11 30, and theirs plenty of merch...and its a great show i went to them last night

Frobot!
09-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Dude, I know there are a billion ABR threads. I even started one a while back :P

This one is about this particular tour. Therefore I figured I could get more specific answers by asking about the tour, instead of posting in a band thread.

EDIT: thanks ibanezguitarz07, thats more what I was looking for.

MustangMan311
09-30-2007, 07:21 PM
Haven't seen them on this tour, but I saw them in April, and they were fantastic.

SadistNation
09-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Suicide Silence will be playing for about 20 minutes (sadly) and i only saw 2 F*CKIN songs by them, i was so pissed.

Then about 20 min for breakdown/set-up then ABR (who were GOD AWFUL) but they are one of the best Genericore bands out there, ha.
They will play for about 35-40 min. They will basically play one huge 35 minute songs with the same exact breakdown placed in different parts and they will stand there and stare at their guitars to see if they are playing it right.

Then the gods of music DARKEST HOUR. They open with Doomsayer and end with With A Thousand Words to Say But One then Sadist Nation. GET IN THE CIRCLE PITS!!!! They are known for their circle pits, so get in!
Then leave before you ever see Unearth, because they blows huge hard ass gorilla whale offbreed dick.

The merch was about $20

i went Thursday night, quite possibly the worst show ive gone to in a long while, the venue was terrible and the people were pussies. But i would pay an Ungodly amount of money to see DH anytime any where.

saxaxe
10-01-2007, 04:47 PM
I went thursday night. Great show, but if you ask me, Darkest Hour was absolutely terrible. Even more repetitive than August Burns Red, and I didnt think that was possible. Their guitarist played this REALLY good solo in the first song. Then he played it again in the second song. and the third song. and the song after that. Their stage presence was awful, the lead guitarist just stood there and the singer never left the stage. Every other band's singer was in the crowd for half the set.
But August Burns Red had a 30 minute set, I believe. It was great. And there was a lot of merch for each band.

nayleD1337
10-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Suicide Silence will be playing for about 20 minutes (sadly) and i only saw 2 F*CKIN songs by them, i was so pissed.

Then about 20 min for breakdown/set-up then ABR (who were GOD AWFUL) but they are one of the best Genericore bands out there, ha.
They will play for about 35-40 min. They will basically play one huge 35 minute songs with the same exact breakdown placed in different parts and they will stand there and stare at their guitars to see if they are playing it right.

Then the gods of music DARKEST HOUR. They open with Doomsayer and end with With A Thousand Words to Say But One then Sadist Nation. GET IN THE CIRCLE PITS!!!! They are known for their circle pits, so get in!
Then leave before you ever see Unearth, because they blows huge hard ass gorilla whale offbreed dick.

The merch was about $20

i went Thursday night, quite possibly the worst show ive gone to in a long while, the venue was terrible and the people were pussies. But i would pay an Ungodly amount of money to see DH anytime any where.

you really dont need to share what you thought of the other bands... he's is asking about August Burns Red, not your opinion on the bands there playing with.

I havnt been to an ABR show yet, but im sure hoping too at some point i love em.

THEhardcoreSIHT
10-01-2007, 07:10 PM
SadistNation is a ****in idiot

edit i just realized i could get modded for that or somethin

nayleD1337
10-01-2007, 07:13 PM
^+1.

guitarwannabe16
10-01-2007, 07:16 PM
SadistNation is a ****in idiot

edit i just realized i could get modded for that or somethin

Um, actually you are.

SN listens to alot of good music, and is pretty knowleadgable in the deathcore genre. I cant say either for you

nayleD1337
10-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Um, actually you are.

SN listens to alot of good music, and is pretty knowleadgable in the deathcore genre. I cant say either for you

but you have to admit... in that last post he was being a little... umm i cant seem to find the word for it, but i think you get what i mean.

guitarwannabe16
10-01-2007, 07:21 PM
I dont think so, he's a regular here and he knows what he's talking about and how to post in threads without getting raped by everyone else.

nayleD1337
10-01-2007, 07:23 PM
well alright, this is my first day, so i obviously have a lot to learn about the community.

aggiefan33
10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
41 posts in one day is too much. We suggest that you stop now.

nayleD1337
10-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Does it really matter how many posts you have... im at this site to contribute. Im at 41? wow didnt think it was that much though.

SadistNation
10-01-2007, 07:33 PM
i was just simply stating how i felt about the show. The venue i went to sucked a lot and ABR was absolutely awful. They are ok on record but the vocalist had the classic monotonous generic Metalcore scream that they all do and it just really bugged me. Personally i'm not a fan of generic stuff, i could care less if you guys do, i'm fine w/ it. I was just saying how the show lined up, and i threw in a massive amount of opinion, if you don't like it, whine all you want, it's not like i live to get bitched at by some kid who knows nothing about good music and sits at his computer all day and tries to act like a bad ass.
at least Guitar Wannabe knows whats up :)

nayleD1337
10-01-2007, 07:35 PM
Im all for expressing opinions. I just thought you did it a little harshly, but whatever im not complaining. You obviously know what your talking about.

guitarwannabe16
10-01-2007, 07:40 PM
at least Guitar Wannabe knows whats up :)
backed :D

killinyourkind
10-01-2007, 08:06 PM
yeah i went to the show on thursday too all the bands were pretty solid.sick of seeing unearth though theyre still good live dont get me wrong but darkest hour stole the show definitley slayed and august burns red made a first good impression on me. suicde silence was br00tal as **** as always. but yea the show was pretty allright but they could have a different headliner thats all.

saxaxe
10-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Am I the only person who thought darkest hour was absolute ****? haha
They were extremely monotonous. Dont get me wrong, they're an immensely talented band, but they need to learn to do something different with their music. I'll easily say the same for August Burns Red and Suicide Silence as well, but I think Darkest Hour was the worst. Their stage presence was terrible. And they're pretty generic as well, just with some added shredding- which got very old very fast.

nayleD1337
10-02-2007, 04:57 PM
yeah, im sorry to tell you, but your probably one of the very few people that believe this :P. But to each his own.

THEmiz19
10-07-2007, 12:49 PM
August Burns Red was AMAZING completely blew me away, and darkest hour away. I got to chill with ABR after the show, and basically they are the coolest guys you will ever meet. Unearth was really good too.

THEhardcoreSIHT
10-07-2007, 05:35 PM
cant wait to go to that show myself :)

ias05
10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
yeah i went last week when they came to tallahassee, so many breakdowns, pits and guitar solos, best show ive ever seen