First Act guitar builder

PDA

View Full Version : First Act guitar builder

GITARdud391
10-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Has anyone tried it? I gave it a shot tonight and I thought it was pretty cool, but like, what's everyones opinion of first act? I've heard good things and bad things.

ldnovelo
10-01-2007, 09:30 PM
first act sucks, ant the guitar builder says that a 400 dollar guitar should cost like 2000

emokiller1
10-01-2007, 09:35 PM
yeah i just tried it and i wish esp or jackson had something like that but first act? they suck and who in the right mind would buy a 2000 dollar custom first act?????!!!! they suck. pretty cool though...

GITARdud391
10-01-2007, 09:43 PM
why dont more company's have something like that? it'd be so great. my friend frank plays drums and they have tons of custom drum builders.

johnro6659
10-01-2007, 09:48 PM
First Act builds their guitars here in Mass and the custom built ones are amazing. I thought it was funny when I stopped by their store on Boylston St. here in Boston but after checking them out I was very impressed. They sell both low end and high end custom shop guitars so there is something for everyones pocket. If your local check out the store I am sure you will be as surprised as I was.

I forgot Jackson does have a decent guitar builer online.

Jackson Guitar Builder (http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/JCFCustomShop.htm)

guitarnoize
10-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Its by far the best online guitar builder I've seen, Peavey's for instance doesn't come close in terms of design and fluidity. But I have also heard mixed reviews of First Act, they're not cheap over here in Australia, I'll try and get to a shop and try one out over the next week or two and let you know what I think!

TJM2482
10-01-2007, 09:57 PM
There are still people who think all First Act guitars suck?

*sigh*, whats next, more people who think they need to throw a tube screamer on a Fender Frontman? A guy who wants to buy his second $750+ guitar while still using a Spider?

rockr09
10-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I think people are thinking First Act as the wal-mart guitars. First Act have high end and low end guitars to, people, just like fender has the starcaster.

guitar_infidel
10-01-2007, 10:00 PM
There are still people who think all First Act guitars suck?

*sigh*, whats next, more people who think they need to throw a tube screamer on a Fender Frontman? A guy who wants to buy his second $750+ guitar while still using a Spider?
:cheers:

nickernzen
10-01-2007, 10:47 PM
I saw Wolf Parade a few weeks ago and I was so confused at first when I saw that Dan was playing a First Act.

CJRocker
10-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Best Guitar Builder on the Net (http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/JCFCustomShop.htm)

Of course if you don't like Jacksons, you're kinda screwed. ;) GMW Guitars has a custom shop generator as well.

samm12
10-02-2007, 01:56 AM
My First electric guitar was a first act strat copy. costed my dad 90 bucks at a pawn shop. I think I got lucky, cause that guitar was really good. no fret buzz, didn't go out of tune, pickups got a good clean sound, but the distortion was kinda weak. and I've done that custom thing. bit expensive.

Bonsaischaap
10-02-2007, 02:06 AM
First Act builds there guitars here in Mass and the custom built ones are amazing. I thought it was funny when I stopped by their store on Boylston St. here in Boston but after checking them out I was very impressed. They sell both low end and high end custom shop guitars so there is something for everyones pocket. If your local check out the store I am sure you will be as surprised as I was.

I forgot Jackson does have a decent guitar builer online.

Jackson Guitar Builder (http://www.jcfonline.com/resources/csgen/JCFCustomShop.htm)

I went to that store as well and tried one of their Les Paul models. The neck was a little fat for my liking, but it seemed like a fine guitar.

By the way, was it just me or are there more people who didn't like that shop at all (I'm not talking about the guitars, but about the store it self).

DagMX
10-02-2007, 02:21 AM
The wal-mart(?) first acts are crap, but their higher end ones are pretty good...overpriced for what they are but still good

SSDDPunkRocker
10-02-2007, 08:21 AM
Guys, ESP has one on their website. It's like $4000, though, no matter what you put in.

http://www.espguitars.com/

johnro6659
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
The store is a bit different and there is not much in it compared to other guitar stores but they only deal with First Act stuff. I don't think any other manufacturer has their own dedicated store. I found the staff very helpfull and they didn't seem to care if you wanted to try anything out no matter what the cost of the guitar. It is a different experiance. I was in and out pretty fast not like Daddy's around the corner where I can spend a little more time but it is noisy and busy. There was one custom one in a glass case that was custom airbrushed I was interested in. From what i was told it is the only one and was airbrushed by someone that was looking to do all the work for them but it didn't work out.

John

Bonsaischaap
10-02-2007, 10:52 AM
The store is a bit different and there is not much in it compared to other guitar stores but they only deal with First Act stuff. I don't think any other manufacturer has their own dedicated store. I found the staff very helpfull and they didn't seem to care if you wanted to try anything out no matter what the cost of the guitar. It is a different experiance. I was in and out pretty fast not like Daddy's around the corner where I can spend a little more time but it is noisy and busy. There was one custom one in a glass case that was custom airbrushed I was interested in. From what i was told it is the only one and was airbrushed by someone that was looking to do all the work for them but it didn't work out.

John

Well, some major companies, like Gibson, have stores at their factory's and this one's close enough to the First Act plant, so it's not that unusual.

Like I said, I didn't like the store. I found the staff to be quite passive and they had music on, which I know a lot of stores do, but it's still annoying.

It seemed like they wanted it to look like some kind of hip new place, but let's face it; most guitarists aren't hip. I must say though, that they did have good amplifiers, but then again it didn't really have that classic "guitar store-vibe", something most regular stores do have.

Also, for a store which has only one brand, the selection wasn't even that great. They went for the "few-guitars-but-roomy" look and eventhough the store seems quite big and spacious, the guitars on the racks haven't really shown me all they can do.

All in all, I'd rather stick to normal stores with a good selection of brands and dusty floors/amps/guitars.

It's interesting to see what a guitar store would look like if it's regularly cleaned and designed by a person with a sence for interior decorating, but it just doesn't have that charm.

GITARdud391
10-02-2007, 06:40 PM
I think people are thinking First Act as the wal-mart guitars. First Act have high end and low end guitars to, people, just like fender has the starcaster.

yeah i have a starcaster,its not that bad,and i've only been playing for alittle over a year so its alright for now.

Waterboy799
10-02-2007, 09:32 PM
when i visited Boston a few years ago i got a chance to go into a first act store and play some of their custom guitars through a Marshall Bluesbreaker, it was pretty awesome.

Haha, Crackhead
10-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Custom First Acts are amazing and beautiful guitars. Although, they are a little overpriced. My custom guitar came out to be around $2800.