Whats with the hate towards hardcore?

PDA

View Full Version : Whats with the hate towards hardcore?

AmpleSteak
10-03-2007, 09:34 PM
On basically every video I watch of some hardcore video on youtube theres always metal heads saying wow this **** is pussy or wow this is fake wannabe metal. Whats up with that...

RedDeath9
10-03-2007, 09:35 PM
They're idiots.

:sad:

SMterminator
10-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Cause hardcore people need to open their ears to something better.

Sixpack5001
10-03-2007, 09:37 PM
they're right

Edwardthegreat5
10-03-2007, 09:39 PM
The whole dancing, it's just ridiculous. The music isn't that bad, it's just the dancing, wtf is that?

syngates07
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
dik about people who are pure hardcore but i think you have to have a little variety in your taste of music. like burning a cd qith a little bit of trivium a little bit of the devil wears prada a little bit of the mars volta a little bit of the queens of the stone age a little bit of avenged sevenfold a little bit of avenged sevenfold etc.

Eminored
10-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Because everyone has their own opinion or the bandwagon's opinion and will hate what they (or the wagon) hates. Some may give unique reasons, but hate is hate. Just like some people hate rap, rock, blues, black metal, or hispanic metal.

AmpleSteak
10-03-2007, 09:42 PM
dik about people who are pure hardcore but i think you have to have a little variety in your taste of music. like burning a cd qith a little bit of trivium a little bit of the devil wears prada a little bit of the mars volta a little bit of the queens of the stone age a little bit of avenged sevenfold a little bit of avenged sevenfold etc. TDWP is awesome!!! Are you that guy that made that html rulez cover on youtube? I think you have the same user name on UG as the youtube account.

zayG
10-03-2007, 09:55 PM
this thread is full of so much fail.

syngates07
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
TDWP is awesome!!! Are you that guy that made that html rulez cover on youtube? I think you have the same user name on UG as the youtube account.

i do have a youtube account and i haev the same username on there as i do on ug, but i beleivw the guy who made that videos username was synystergates70.

mr.joopy987
10-03-2007, 10:12 PM
None of the bands that mertalheads rip on are actually hardcore

MustangMan311
10-03-2007, 10:14 PM
dik about people who are pure hardcore but i think you have to have a little variety in your taste of music. like burning a cd qith a little bit of trivium a little bit of the devil wears prada a little bit of the mars volta a little bit of the queens of the stone age a little bit of avenged sevenfold a little bit of avenged sevenfold etc.
Yeah, so basically, a couple of good bands thrown in with a ton of TOTAL ****ING **** equals variety.

chris_122
10-03-2007, 10:26 PM
WTF?

Thebiz
10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Because people like to say a band is sh** instead of providing a logical, persuasive reason why they are lackluster in whatever aspect they are criticised for.

Shine On...
10-03-2007, 10:36 PM
None of the bands that mertalheads rip on are actually hardcore
pretty much.

BrokenxAlliance
10-03-2007, 10:42 PM
None of the bands that metalheads rip on are actually hardcore

Same thoughts exactly.

Now, /thread.

waldorphPRS41
10-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Does anybody see the irony in this post? The kid has a Creed avatar.

Cedence
10-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Starting to get tired of this forum

pistols
10-03-2007, 11:01 PM
to answer the threadstarters questions...a lot of metalheads are pretty accepting of metalcore, but you get the odd few who hate anything with a sidefringe and a breakdown.

what annoys me more is when you see myspace pages of new thrash bands, and they're all saying **** like "this is pure metal, getting rif of hardcore", **** like that. i can just see james hetfield or kerry king stumbling across one of those pages, scratching their heads, and going "what the ****? since when did thrashers hate hardcore?"

yeah.

waldorphPRS41
10-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Starting to get tired of this forum
I wish there was some sort of test you had to take before you could post in this forum. Like to make sure you aren't retarded.

guitarwannabe16
10-03-2007, 11:19 PM
they're right
**** you

TDWP is awesome!!! Are you that guy that made that html rulez cover on youtube? I think you have the same user name on UG as the youtube account.
The problem they have is with kids like you, who think that trendy bands like TWDP are actually hardcore. "Metalheads" are right, bands like TWDP is pussy metal, aka watered down metalcore. Actualy hardcore is intense, and its better than most bands out there that claim to be "metal

STABxYOU
10-04-2007, 01:16 AM
Simple, metalheads hate scenemetal. Unfortunately alot of kids think scenemetal is the same as hardcore.

mr. riff
10-04-2007, 01:43 AM
to answer the threadstarters questions...a lot of metalheads are pretty accepting of metalcore, but you get the odd few who hate anything with a sidefringe and a breakdown.

what annoys me more is when you see myspace pages of new thrash bands, and they're all saying **** like "this is pure metal, getting rif of hardcore", **** like that. i can just see james hetfield or kerry king stumbling across one of those pages, scratching their heads, and going "what the ****? since when did thrashers hate hardcore?"

yeah.

Yeah, I know. Don't people know that thrash has (old) hardcore punk influences.

Spiritual_Cramp
10-04-2007, 01:28 PM

You have a Creed avatar, asshat.

likeomgtehtuck!
10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
You have a Creed avatar, asshat.

:haha That kid's a tool.

loxer
10-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Well, i've never seen any hardcore fan spamming " true - h4x - metal " bands videos with stupid comments.

Craigo
10-04-2007, 02:57 PM
:haha That kid's a tool.

You're the tool.

But I will have to agree that most arguments I have with my metalhead mates is arguing that throwdown aren't hardcore and that they shouldn't base all of it on them and hatebreed.

likeomgtehtuck!
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Okay cool.