Noob here.... Need help!

PDA

View Full Version : Noob here.... Need help!

Forgotmyid
10-07-2007, 05:13 AM
Hey ppl. I just started playing the guitar... I know some of the basic stuff and a few chords, like C major, E Major. So i just want to know what to learn next. I used to go to a tutor before but i had to quit. Now i wanna learn to play on my own. Therefore, would love it if the gurus here tell me what to do next... :D

burndttoast
10-07-2007, 05:19 AM
I'm no guru at all, but I see a lot of advice such as "learn scales and theory" and such. But personally, I just prefer to play songs I like and learn whatever method is needed to play it. I get to practice and apply it in song at the same time, which is fun. But then again, I am but a casual player. If guitar is approximately your life, you probably shouldn't be taking my advice.

Sozes Flying V
10-07-2007, 05:19 AM
Good place to start would be learning all the chords, scales and styles. There will be columns on that stuff on UG. And then learn the tabs to your favourite songs. It's what I did

Sozes Flying V
10-07-2007, 05:42 AM
also try to pick everythin alternative (up,down up,down) very usefull and learn the scales backwards helps allot with picking speed

Yeh, thats true... I didnt nd am really stugglin to play faster stuff. Get into good habits early