Roger Waters Amused to Death CD Review

PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters Amused to Death CD Review

The_lizard_king
10-20-2007, 02:41 AM
Sound:

The sound overall was really well done, I do believe it was recorded with quadrophonic sound so it sounds fantastic on a good system, where Pros and cons of hitch-hiking was recorded as holophonics which is meant for headphones. Jeff Beck played guitar on this album, very good work on it. I never really got into Jeff Beck, but he helps bring Waters' album to life here. Don Henley guest vocals on "Watching TV" and Flea recorded an upbeat bass line for the title track but never used (not really relevant but good trivia though nonetheless.) 10/10

Lyrics:

The lyrics are very political but they aren't generic because he targets specific issues and like tieneman square on tv, George Bush, and Andrew Lloyd weber. They flow well with the concept of the album, which is a monkey watching TV which is a metaphor meaning we're the monkey and the world is the TV. Roger's voice was ok, like his voice sounded a little pained but adds to the album and he can still hit those high notes for example "Too much rope". 10/10

Overall:

This album is better than "Radio KAOS" and I think it's as good as "Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking" and on par with "The final cut". I liked the "What god wants" tracks, "Too much rope", "Watching TV", "Bravery of being out of range". Hell,The whole album stands out really well.
I really cherish this album because, I spent many long bus rides home from school listening to this awesome album. I got for Christmas and I didn't really care for it at first but than I saw a video from the album and I was like I'll give this album a shot. I did and I'm glad I popped it in my cd player.
If it were stolen or lost I'd get a new copy. 10/10

Sly Taco
10-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Agreed, I like this album alot too.

HawkaLuigi
10-25-2007, 11:02 AM
You have a few grammer mistakes, I'll correct your article for you if you'd like. Just ask and I'll edit it in a new post. ;)

:livid:

The_lizard_king
10-25-2007, 03:02 PM
You have a few grammer mistakes, I'll correct your article for you if you'd like. Just ask and I'll edit it in a new post. ;)

If you can would you? Thanks.

The_lizard_king
10-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Agreed, I like this album alot too.

Yeah, I was surprised no one wrote a review for this album.

HawkaLuigi
10-25-2007, 07:10 PM
The quality of the sound was excellent, as the album was recorded with quadraphonic sound, which is a four channel stereo system. The old album, ‘Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking; was recorded as holophonics which is meant just for headphones. Jeff Beck played guitar on this album, and did an excellent job with it. I never really got into Jeff Beck, but he helps bring Waters' album to life here. Don Henley guest vocals on "Watching TV" and Flea recorded an upbeat bass line for the title track but it was unfortunately never used (not really relevant but good trivia though nonetheless.) 10/10

Lyrics:

The lyrics are your far from average political songs. Specific issues are brought into the light, such as the Tienanmen Square incident, President George Bush, and Andrew Lloyd Weber. They flow well with story of the album, which is a monkey watching TV. Roger Waters uses this as a metaphor that we're the monkey and the world is the TV. Waters’ voice was ok, and sounded a bit strained at times, but overall adds to the album and he can still hit those high notes for example "Too much rope". 10/10

Overall:

This album is better than ‘Radio KAOS’ and I think it's as good as ‘Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking’ and on par with ‘The Final Cut’. I liked “What God Wants”, “Too Much Rope”, "Watching TV", and "Bravery Of Being Out Of Range". In fact, the whole album stands out really well. I really cherish this album because I spent many long bus rides home from school listening to this awesome album. I got it for Christmas and I didn't really care for it at first but than I saw a video from the album and I was like “I'll give this album a shot!”. Well, I did and I'm glad I popped it in my CD player. If it were stolen or lost I'd get a new copy. 10/10

Next time you do a review, make sure to stick it through here to be edited. The review was written quite well, but I edited your grammar to make it more appropriate. Also, make note to not cuss in future UG contributions. :p:

The_lizard_king
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Next time you do a review, make sure to stick it through here to be edited. The review was written quite well, but I edited your grammar to make it more appropriate. Also, make note to not cuss in future UG contributions. :p:

Dude thanks man, I really appreciate it. Sorry for using the word "hell" It's a bad habit I have which is swearing. Thanks man.

The_lizard_king
10-29-2007, 07:16 PM
Revised version:

(Thanks HawkaLuigi :) )

The quality of the sound was excellent, as the album was recorded with quadraphonic sound, which is a four channel stereo system. The old album, ‘Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking; was recorded as holophonics which is meant just for headphones. Jeff Beck played guitar on this album, and did an excellent job with it. I never really got into Jeff Beck, but he helps bring Waters' album to life here. Don Henley guest vocals on "Watching TV" and Flea recorded an upbeat bass line for the title track but it was unfortunately never used (not really relevant but good trivia though nonetheless.) 10/10

Lyrics:

The lyrics are your far from average political songs. Specific issues are brought into the light, such as the Tienanmen Square incident, President George Bush, and Andrew Lloyd Weber. They flow well with story of the album, which is a monkey watching TV. Roger Waters uses this as a metaphor that we're the monkey and the world is the TV. Waters’ voice was ok, and sounded a bit strained at times, but overall adds to the album and he can still hit those high notes for example "Too much rope". 10/10

Overall:

This album is better than ‘Radio KAOS’ and I think it's as good as ‘Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking’ and on par with ‘The Final Cut’. I liked “What God Wants”, “Too Much Rope”, "Watching TV", and "Bravery Of Being Out Of Range". In fact, the whole album stands out really well. I really cherish this album because I spent many long bus rides home from school listening to this awesome album. I got it for Christmas and I didn't really care for it at first but than I saw a video from the album and I was like “I'll give this album a shot!”. Well, I did and I'm glad I popped it in my CD player. If it were stolen or lost I'd get a new copy. 10/10

HawkaLuigi
10-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Sounds good. Submit it mate. :cheers:

The_lizard_king
11-02-2007, 08:35 AM
How do I delete my crappy one and keep the revised one? Because it shows both of them.

HawkaLuigi
11-02-2007, 10:44 AM
Email Andrew Apanov (matter on UG) and tell him that the first one wasn't checked, and that the second one is the final copy.