Help, I need to write a song to come over this feelings

PDA

View Full Version : Help, I need to write a song to come over this feelings

deadmanrulez
10-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Hi @ all

These days my feelings are going crazy. I`ve never felt this kind of feelings as big as they are right now. I want to write a Song about this situation but I`m not able to find the right words. It`s like my mind is blocked.

I think it`s a situation everyone knows. I`m in love with a girl. The girl is the most beautyful, charming and craziest person I`ve ever met. I`ve never felt love as big as to this girl. I love everything about her. Mostly her way to smile. It`s like.......a smile all over her face. She can bring joy without saying anything.

A little history: When i felt in love with her I knew that she`s in love with one of my friends. I think she thinks the same thing about him as I feel about her. But I wanted her to know what I feel. Even if I have known the answer already. I knew that I had to say how I love her. And I knew that her answer would break my heart. It brokes my heart.

I see her every Weekend and I can`t continue to have a normal friendship with her...Damn, I love her sooo much. I wish that I could hate her but I can`t. I love her and it hurts like hell!

I want to ask if there is somebody who is good in songwriting and who would help me to come over this situation with writing a Song about this whole thing? That would be great!

I hope my English is good enough for you to understand ;) Please, help me!

t3h guitar n00b
10-21-2007, 06:25 AM
There is no technique to song writing. I'm no expert, and I know this isnt what you are looking for, but just let it come out. Be relaxed in think of the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the situation, then write about that. Or you could wait until someone who knows more about it posts :P

Piel
10-21-2007, 06:40 AM
I think it`s a situation everyone knows. I`m in love with a girl. The girl is the most beautyful, charming and craziest person I`ve ever met. I`ve never felt love as big as to this girl. I love everything about her. Mostly her way to smile. It`s like.......a smile all over her face. She can bring joy without saying anything.

That already sounds a bit like a song
so change it a bit, and u have a start

M.B.MetalTabber
10-21-2007, 06:41 AM
well, I can't express your feelings, and I don't know any situations you have been in, but one I wrote came out something like this:

I was the quiet kid, who sat at the back of class
Did you know I even existed, coz I couldn't dare to ask...

Stuff like that, think what situations you have been in around her, write them down, make them rhyme, and add music behind it.

Hope that helps a bit.

roksta101
10-21-2007, 06:47 AM
There is no technique to song writing. I'm no expert, and I know this isnt what you are looking for, but just let it come out. Be relaxed in think of the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the situation, then write about that. Or you could wait until someone who knows more about it posts :P

+1

thats true....i write some stuf sometimes...i cant give u any more advice than this guys given u...gud luck :rolleyes:

clu291
10-21-2007, 06:49 AM
You used the word love a hell of a lot, which makes me think you don't understand it. When you say you love her would you die right now to stop her dying? If so WOW YOUR'E IN LOVE :D If not you have a beast crush, in that case get over it :)

As songs go i find the best time to write a song, personally, is at night then to look over it and change it in the day. If that doesn't work just sing noises until you have a cool rythm then start making the noises into words to fit how you feel...EASY! :p:

highwaysalmon
10-21-2007, 06:55 AM
i used to feel like that about a girl, i thought i loved her, but it only lasted like 2 years then i was over her.

bigtimmy
10-21-2007, 06:58 AM
hey man. been in ur situation before and anytime i cant stop feeling some writing **** down is the best therapy. i write letters to girls i miss or love but never send them, i only do it so i can express myself and confess my feelings in a controlled way so i dont do something stupid. alot of my songs have evolved from these letters. all you do is write down everything that you always think about, just let it flow. what she looks like, what makes you swoon, what you wanna say to her, anything.

Then try to make links or phases that mean the same as the sentence you wrote down. try to rhyme them or let them construct a pattern of syllables. once you have some decent patterns or phrases, get ur axe and strum some simple chords that feel emotional or just feel like the right mood and try to sing to that.

remember you love this girl and these are true feelings, even if your an awesome singer its hard to replicate true emotion so let yourself wail. **** if it helps, cry your eyes out, ive seen singers do that before and god damn that **** is hot. makes the song what it is.

just please please please make this an acoustic song with some nice chords, if you punkify this **** i hope that girl gets raped by a camel.

lol j/k

would love to hear some stuff when ur done man p.m me when u get it done. even if its just the lyrics/chords maybe i can help you with it if its not what you imagine

hell you play this stuff around some girls and you'll find yourself a girl who'll want to love you back. good luck

longfellowdeeds
10-21-2007, 07:03 AM
The Best way to get over someone is to get on top of someone else, dont write a song about your situation cause its going to be lame... :no:

bigtimmy
10-21-2007, 07:27 AM
The Best way to get over someone is to get on top of someone else, dont write a song about your situation cause its going to be lame... :no:

hey if he wants to write a song about it let him. he says he doesnt know how to write lyrics so if anything it'll be good practise.

yeh learn some john mayer too you'll reel em in.

abhishek21
10-21-2007, 08:14 AM
If you're planning to write a song for this girl and say to her "i wrote a song for you" . Don't do it . how old are you by the way . It's just an infatuation . If you're looking for someone to write a song for your so called girl friend . I am sorry to say not many people will do it .
Read the stickies it will help u alot . there 's also a thread in this forum called love songs just read it .

As far as the guy who said ther's no technique of songwriting . you are partially wrong . there are techniques which differ from person to person.

Whatever u are feeling add some rhymes to it and u'll have ur song . read the wall of text and you can write the same stuff in ur song.

best of luck . If you still don't know how to solve ur problem tell me . I might help you

Snowblind 911
10-21-2007, 09:34 AM
longfellowdeeds... do you honestly believe that? if you have ever felt like you love someone you know that is impossible.

Threadstarter...

I know how you feel.

I have the same feelings for a girl. I am convinced I have no chance with her, she is too beautiful, too intelligent, too funny.

In a way you're lucky though, at least you know now for sure she doesn't feel the same, so now the moving on process is slightly easier, although it will never be an easy thing.

I'm stuck like you though. I feel as though I would rather die than lose her. And if anyone reads this and forms another one of those 'crush' opinions... please try not to. I would die for her a million times. But that's completey irrelevant. you want to know how to write a love song about her.

Just write everything you can. For me, I get inspiration from dreams. (especially love wise, i tend not to have many good experiences to base poems on, so I use dreams to build stories) Write your dreams down. Don't neccessarily write in song form though, ok? Poetry is the basis of song, at least intelligent song. So write a poem, write a thousand poems, whatever - until you are getting to the stage where you can form your thoughts and feelings into a style that is neither tacky/cliche/unoriginal.

Once you are getting to the stage where your poems are good, then start adding music. For me, I merely add melody to the poem - I try not to change the words at all. (unless it is completely neccessary) This technique, however, makes writing choruses hard - if it comes down to it, perhaps leave the chorus instrumental, or just use a few key words/vocal 'ooh's' etc.

The key, for me, in love songs, is to write from the heart. But not in the most obvious, pathetic, embarrassing way. Don't worry about rhyming as such - perhaps a few rhymes here and there yes, but don't structure your stuff ABAB or anything like that - that is where most people fall down.

Wow, listen to me... I sound like I think I know what I'm talking about. I'm not the greatest writer around, I'm just telling you what works for me.

And, if you are anything like me, you will have dreamt about her, a lot. And you would have had some pretty powerful, touching, romantic, heartbreaking dreams. Use them to your advantage.

No one will dream quite like you do, that is the beauty of dreaming. Dreams are the creation of a collaboration of our thoughts/feelings/memories. This is the prefect way to tap into whatever is leaving you so miserable about this girl.

:) Hope I helped... I am running on about 3 hours sleep... and it is almost midnight again, so I probably make no sense at all.

Note: If you want to read an example of a piece i have based on a dream, about a girl, the read 'Obsession Pt. 1/2', in my signature.

Good luck kid.

Edit: Whoa, I didn't realise how much I had rambled on about...

rockergurl09
10-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Hi @ all

These days my feelings are going crazy. I`ve never felt this kind of feelings as big as they are right now. I want to write a Song about this situation but I`m not able to find the right words. It`s like my mind is blocked.

A little history: When i felt in love with her I knew that she`s in love with one of my friends. I think she thinks the same thing about him as I feel about her. But I wanted her to know what I feel. Even if I have known the answer already. I knew that I had to say how I love her. And I knew that her answer would break my heart. It brokes my heart.

I see her every Weekend and I can`t continue to have a normal friendship with her...Damn, I love her sooo much. I wish that I could hate her but I can`t. I love her and it hurts like hell!

I want to ask if there is somebody who is good in songwriting and who would help me to come over this situation with writing a Song about this whole thing? That would be great!

This sounds like a great topic for a song. I think your biggest struggle will be making it different, since there's enough cliche love songs out there.

Good luck!

ghostfern
10-22-2007, 06:58 PM
I feel the best way to write a song its to think of the sounds u hear when u feel this, U love Her,and its getting difficult to bee the same around her , since see makes u happy and drives u crazy think of a sounds thats joyful and aggresive,not too aggresive though,every song has some kind of melody once u get the melody u can play around it for every other part of ur song

Mudmen190
10-29-2007, 02:53 AM
Just write man. No one can tell you how to write a song about your own feelings. And just because you write the song it doesnt mean it has to make perfect sense, or that you have to put music to it (assuming its lyrics youre caring about). Just vent, basically, you could even make sense of it later if you wanted.

The_Albino_Boar
10-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Well the best thing (for me.. might not work for you) is to just carry around a notepad + pen/pencil and anything you can record on (cell phone worke fine)...

Now just live your life as normally as possible... Until when:
1) You get a catchy tune in your head, play over it a few times in your head, so you don't forget it, then hum it into the recording thingymaw00t. Or..
2) Some strange, spontaneous lyrics burst into your mind, quickly try to memorise it as much as possible, then write them down (and if they already have a tune going with them in your head, record the humming of it too)

Just do this for a while.

It won't be long until you're off and writing this peice :)

T_A_B

haunted_engines
10-31-2007, 01:16 AM
Sometimes when there's so much 'feeling' going on, and there's a lot going on in your head, its IMPOSSIBLE to write something, because you're too mixed up in everything to actually calm down, and put words on paper. Have you tried meditating, or working out? Go for a run, sit and relax for a few minutes, before you try and write something. Try writing either in the early morning or late at night, when you're not fully awake.

Snowblind 911
11-02-2007, 07:34 AM
ignore everything i said. at least up until the 'just write everything you can' part.

love is only as real as the way we percieve someone. once our perception changes... then so does everything else.

*sigh*

Madmarv
11-03-2007, 05:40 AM
well I agree on how lame it can be writing about ur situation right now, because later on, your feelings will change, wether you hooked up together or not, it will change.. believe me, from personal experience.
But what could NOT be lame but rather cool and worth writing about is, how this girl is so pretty, how she astonishes everyone who looks at her, how her smile shakes the earth! stuff like that.. but leave love out of it atm :P

stmapete
11-04-2007, 04:42 PM
Hey dude, I know the feeling, and I've actually wrote a song about it too. Well, part of a song, but it's a good way to vent however you feel. Just sit down and write whatever comes. My song was not directed to her, and I didn't actually tell her that I wrote it about her, I used it mostly for my own purposes of venting, so I don't know how it would go if you played it for her.

And don't nessecarily think that just cause you like her and she doesn't like you back it means you can't be friends, cause I eventually got over this girl, and we basically became best friends.

hb15577
11-05-2007, 12:54 AM
well, I can't express your feelings, and I don't know any situations you have been in, but one I wrote came out something like this:

I was the quiet kid, who sat at the back of class
Did you know I even existed, coz I couldn't dare to ask...

Stuff like that, think what situations you have been in around her, write them down, make them rhyme, and add music behind it.

Hope that helps a bit.

yeah thats it you write it like it is a letter to her telling her how you feel

Cúrumo
11-10-2007, 04:38 PM
... go down and tell her about it! Most likely she'll crash you but you'll take the pain cause that's the way life is - filled with pain. but remember one thing, if you go there make her aim and shoot till your heart falls to pieces. It's a tough call but I'm telling you, you'd rather start a new heart than living on a cracked one like i do ...

Jeezer_1570
11-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Just take a piece of paper, a pen and write everything, i mean everything that comes to your mind, don't think about it, just do it. After that, keep what u got and do a bit of tweaking. im not an expert, but who knows, this could work

InsantKarma94
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi @ all

I got a good idea. Take that 3rd paragraph(a little history), and the way she smiles part, form that into a simple verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge type song or something like that, then give her the song and say you love her, and then see what she thinks. You might be surprised.

Cúrumo
11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
... omg, how naive is this? Do you really think she'll instantly forget the one she loves just because of a song? People wake up, this isn't hollywood, this is real! This is rock-solid reality and this means you won't be suprised - you'll just bleed your heart out! boy, do yourself a favor and forget about her, i know it's hard but possible tough ...

feltgrape
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Honestly, just writing about it all could help. More than one page of lyrics will come out of this. So just write and eventually something good you can turn into a song will come out of it....if thats what your looking for. It'll help.

abhishek21
11-21-2007, 12:47 AM
... omg, how naive is this? Do you really think she'll instantly forget the one she loves just because of a song? People wake up, this isn't hollywood, this is real! This is rock-solid reality and this means you won't be suprised - you'll just bleed your heart out! boy, do yourself a favor and forget about her, i know it's hard but possible tough ...

There are lot of pathetic souls out there.let them do whatever they want :devil:

VelvetFireBC491
11-05-2008, 12:04 AM
So what ever happened?