Need some help guys.

PDA

View Full Version : Need some help guys.

before
10-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Alright, so I'm gonna be placing an order from Robotic Empire Records soon. I know for sure I'm gonna get Pygmy Lush-Bitter River, I'd like to get 2 others as well. Any suggestions? I'm digging what I hear by Ghastly City Sleep.

http://www.roboticempire.com/store_index.php

PS: No vinyl, don't have a record player :/

guitarwannabe16
10-21-2007, 10:54 PM
What are you looking for in particular?

Stuff that looked good to me:

Ampere/Sinaloa split

Arsis

As the Sun Sets

Baroness

Bodies in the Gears of the Apparatus

Boris

Botch obviously

Buried Inside - Chronoclast

Burst - Origo (highly recommended)

Coliseum/Doomriders split

Discordance Axis

Doomrider- Black Thunder is a must

Dysrhythmia - both albums

First Ed Gein album

Envy

FASSW

I only had time to look at the first section

before
10-21-2007, 11:12 PM
Ahhh man, haha...everything there looks great. If I had the money I'd buy them all, almost everything on this site looks intresting to me.

I'm just pretty much looking for what you guys would reccomend though, all the regulars around here have great tase in music, and since I'm only gonna get 3-4 records, I was just gonna go for whatever comes highly recommended.

You just reminded me though, I've been wanting to get Black Thunder-Doomriders, for awhile now. So I'm gonna add that to the list.

So right now I'm thinking:

Pygmy Lush-Bitter River
Doomriders-Black Thunder

and I think, 2 more.
I'm gonna go check out Burst right now. Thanks alot man, and keep the reccs coming. :)

guitarwannabe16
10-21-2007, 11:24 PM
I'd either go with Ed Gein, Ampere/Sinoa, Buried Inside, or Dysrhythmia to fill those last two slots.

Paris_In_Flames
10-22-2007, 12:00 AM
I love Ghastly City Sleep, but if you've heard Ice Creaks, you've already heard their best song.

before
10-22-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm definitely gonna go with the Ampere/Sinoa split. I don't know why I over looked that last time.

Soo:
Pygmy Lush-Bitter River
Doomriders-Black Thunder
Ampere/Sinoa-Split

and for the last one, I really wanna go with something post-rock I think...I'm strongly considering going with Ghastly City Sleep unless someone can convince me otherwise. I just really digg the 2 songs I've heard by them.

Anyone have Giants-They, The Undeserving?
I've heard good things about them.

PS:sorry for discussing post-rock in the hardcore forum, I just didn't really want to start a new thread.

EDIT: Paris, do you think the album is worth buying?

guitarwannabe16
10-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Dysrhythmia fits that bill for sure.

before
10-22-2007, 12:12 AM
Really? sweet, I was thinking they were a metal band for some reason, I'd never heard of them before to be honest. I'm gonna go check them out right now, thanks :)

guitarwannabe16
10-22-2007, 12:46 AM
Nah post-rock, instrumental.

SilentSpectacle
10-22-2007, 01:42 AM
Anything by Comadre, Lickgoldensky, Phoenix Bodies or Baroness.

Andrewbiles
10-22-2007, 07:08 AM
Tiny Hawks, trust.

Disco Vietnam
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Bucket Full of Teeth - IV
Cease Upon the Capitol - S/T
Any of the Envy cd's would be amazing too.

Spiritual_Cramp
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
I'd get whatever they have by Discordance Axis. That, or the first Ed Gein.

EDIT: Scratch Ed Gein. Didn't see that Disco posted Bucket Full of Teeth. Get that.

EDIT AGAIN: I lol'd at the end of the Discordance Axis CD's description.

"21 tracks in all, and totally ****ing brutal."

likeomgtehtuck!
10-22-2007, 03:09 PM
^ I lol'd when I saw that :haha

zayG
10-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Envy - Insomniac Doze is very post-rock influenced screamo, out of all of their albums I've heard, probably the most influenced.

aggiefan33
10-22-2007, 04:17 PM
I'd say anything by Envy.

Ghastly City Sleep was kind of disappointing to me, but I'm not too big on post-rock.

XMeatHookMartyX
10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
You can get Ghastly City Sleep from my blog.

EDIT: I can also up Giants if you want.

Paris_In_Flames
10-22-2007, 04:48 PM
I like Ghastly City Sleep lots, but I've gotten more into the ambient shoegaze thing like that. The cd is only 4 songs, and 30 minutes. And Ice Creaks, which is the best song, is 9 minutes. I donno if you should get it, but I personally like it.

before
10-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Thanks so much for all the reccs guys. I think my final list is gonna be:

Pygmy Lush-Bitter River
Doomriders-Black Thunder
Ampere/Sinoa-Split
Ghastly City Sleep-EP

And I'm gonna work on getting everything else that has been reccomended if I don't already have it. So much good stuff I don't have yet.

Anddd, I just figured out that I hadn't payed my insurance for this month yet so it's gonna be awhile longer till I can afford this :/......I'm stoked though it's been a long time since I've made a (somewhat) big cd order.

But yeah, thanks again guys.

and XMeatHookMartyX, could I get a link to your blog? I'd love to check it out. :)

aggiefan33
10-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Regardless those are some awesome albums, you won't be disappointed

XMeatHookMartyX
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM
and XMeatHookMartyX, could I get a link to your blog? I'd love to check it out. :)

lmtfpb.blogspot.com

before
10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks alot, added to my favorites.