From Solo To Superstar: A Novel Series. Part 2

PDA

View Full Version : From Solo To Superstar: A Novel Series. Part 2

shuriken
10-25-2007, 10:28 PM
“Where’s my dad? He said I had a dentist’s appointment or something.”

“No,” Eric replied, “I said you had an orthodontist’s appointment.”

Alex was a little slow and took him a while to catch on to the “Grand Scheme” of Eric’s fast-paced lifestyle.

“You called me out of school? Why?”

“Uhh, It’s kinda complicated.”

“Well you’re gonna have to dumb it down for me,” Alex replied.

“Well then,” Eric said, “if you insist.”

Eric went on to tell Alex about the fight with his dad, running from the cops, and how his only sensible choice was to come here.

“So your Dad is presumably dead, you have no money, and came here?”

“Yeah, pretty much.” Eric replied.

“And what do you plan on doing about your Uncle’s SG?”

“F*CK!!”

In the rush of getting out of the house, Eric had totally forgotten about his Uncle Jeff’s SG. It was a natural cherry finish with a neck and fretboard like silk. The day his uncle gave it to him, he said,

“Eric, I’ve watched your playing progress since you started. I think it’s about time I gave you this. Guard it with your life.”

The guitar glistened in the sunlight peeking through his bedroom window.

“He gave it to me before he died. And now it’s sitting in a rundown sh*tty house.”

“Well,” Alex said, “If that house has no legal owner, it’s probably gonna get torn down soon. And if the neighbors noticed nobody going in or out of the house for two days, they might start getting suspicious.”

For once, Alex was right. The cops were probably at his house this very moment hauling the fatass out in a body bag. They’ll probably slap a CONDEMNED poster up on the door on their way out and chain up the front door.

“We need to get back to my house and get that guitar!”

“But how? That place is probably swarming with cops. And there’s probably a WANTED poster with your picture up on every street corner by now.”

“A risk I’m definitely willing to take for that guitar.”

And they were off. Alex and Eric took every back alley shortcut they could find. Avoiding main streets and contact with anyone else but them was their highest priority at that point. Aside from Weaving through buggy backyards, outrunning savage dogs, and inching their way past windows, it was a pretty smooth trip. They had hopped Eric’s back fence and their jaws dropped. Every window was boarded up from the inside. To get into his bedroom, Eric had to smash through a layer of glass and particle board. Eric took a few steps back.

“Alex I’d stand back if I were you.”

“You’re kidding, right? If any cops are still in there, they’ll hear the alarm in a second and come running in there.”

“We’ll be two blocks away by then,” Eric said as he charged at his bedroom window.

Sure enough, a blaring alarm rang and could easily be heard from 5 houses away. For what seemed like 5 minutes, he stood in his room. The rest of the room looked like a war zone, scorch marks from where his amp caught fire, 2 dried pools of blood on his carpeting and bed, one from him, the other from his dad, and a blood-sprayed guitar laying next to a busted, bloody bottle of vodka.

And then off in the corner next to his TV, the SG, completely untouched. He grabbed it without hesitation and jumped through the window. Eric and Alex were halfway over the back fence when he heard a bellowing voice shout,

“Freeze! That’s evidence your running away with!”

In an ironic twist of fate, it was the same pig that had tried catching him on his way to Alex’s last night. Eric paid no mind to him as he jumped down from the fence. With no time to waste, the two boys took off down the street towards Alex’s house. They rounded the corner onto Alex’s block and saw Mr. Miller sitting on the porch enjoying a freshly unwrapped cigar.

“Where have you boys been?”

Eric always being on his toes, blurted out the first thing that came to mind.

“Band practice!”

“Really? I didn’t know you boys were in a band. I’ll have to hear you guys play sometime.”

“You bet.”

HawkaLuigi
10-26-2007, 03:25 AM
ZOMG! I'm on suspense with this story! It's excellent!

:livid:

sTx
10-26-2007, 03:37 PM
Awesome, dude! Very cool!

x13xWrAiThx13x
10-27-2007, 06:11 PM
part 2 is just as good if not better than part one

instigator12
11-02-2007, 05:42 PM
well wheres part 3.

shuriken
11-02-2007, 11:35 PM
well wheres part 3.

since i've gotten no feedback or interest from UG or too many members, i'm putting off part 3 until i feel it's worth posting

minichibi
11-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Im interested....!! However, (i hope you want picky feedback, because thats what id like), I would put a little more description into your writing. Maybe a little description of alex and more of a description where they had the combo, etc...

PhrenchPhries
11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow man, this is great. I thought it wasnt going to be that good, but I was pleasantly suprised. I cant wait to read another. We another UG writer on our hands. :D

!!guitarmaster
11-16-2007, 08:27 AM
Excellent story !

writeastory
11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Bring out part 3!!!

jimbo09
01-24-2008, 07:30 PM
we want three! we want three! we want three! do it now!...please?

PunkRocker33133
01-25-2008, 12:17 AM
Wheres part 3 man, come on we love your writing!!!!

Varyag_Ace
02-09-2008, 08:15 PM
please part three!!

silhouettica
03-01-2008, 01:29 AM
Part 3 NAO

qotsa1998
03-01-2008, 04:02 PM
awesome. much edgier and crazier than the other two stories that UG has put on the site, but still excellent i think. Altho it should be more descriptive about the characters definately. Id really like to see the story advance and end up on the front page like In the Van and Guitargasm have.

guitarist10
03-01-2008, 05:59 PM
THIS...IS...F*CKING...AWSOME...POST...PART...3...PLEASE!!!!!!!

I will die without part three!!

niguitars.com
03-04-2008, 09:39 AM
"""since i've gotten no feedback or interest from UG or too many members, i'm putting off part 3 until i feel it's worth posting""""

thats a wanker reason

keltonhicks
03-04-2008, 12:46 PM
I want to see more. NAO.

Towner_45
03-19-2008, 05:05 AM
Awesome stuff, post part 3 NOW!!!

something_start
03-22-2008, 03:17 PM
bring it on! now! three! four! five! and when the story is done send it to a publishing facility and get it turned into a booK! haha

Kayote Thunder
03-28-2008, 01:55 AM
thats good stuff.

PunkRocker33133
11-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Is part three ever coming?

PiCSeL
11-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Submit all parts, then PM me. I'll approve it.

PiCSeL
11-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Forgot to say: Each part is too small to approve. Glue all of them into one and that will be cool.