New Behold The Arctopus

PDA

View Full Version : New Behold The Arctopus

guitarwannabe16
10-26-2007, 01:12 AM
I know they probably dont go here but they're mentioned here so I thought what the hell.
New album out called Skullgrid. Anyone have it/like it?

Job 4 a Cowboy
10-26-2007, 01:41 AM
I have it

I like it, but it isn't something I would listen to a ton, just because of the style it is

but it is absolutely amazing for the occasional listen, it is pretty intense on the 12 string lol

BR00TAL
10-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah it's a pretty intense album. Dizzying and technical, moreso than previous material. And they still have some of those cool melodic sections aswell.

MustangMan311
10-26-2007, 07:46 PM
Downloaded it, but didn't listen, deleted it.
They're touring with BTBAM and ABR soon.

nayleD1337
10-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Never heard of em, link?

MustangMan311
10-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Never heard of em, link?
http://www.myspace.com/beholdthearctopus

Apparently the new tour isn't coming any closer to me than Ashville, which is three hours away. :(

aggiefan33
10-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I was going to see them with DEP :(

i kind of like them, from what i've heard the new cd sounds good

nayleD1337
10-26-2007, 08:07 PM
mmm they remind me of the fall of troy, except a LOT better.

aggiefan33
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
not better, more talented.
and without vocals.
and with no hardcore influence

nayleD1337
10-26-2007, 08:43 PM
i think they are better.

SealCubMassacre
10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
I can't decide wether these rule or suck hard. Im left open mouthed during sections of their music, but most of it just seems like random notes played by 3 year olds.

tomohawkjoe
10-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Canada anyone?
I've been giving this a few listens here and there, and I gotta say, I'm dig the warr guitar.
Also
Charley Zelany is a beast.

thera_x
10-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I can't decide wether these rule or suck hard. Im left open mouthed during sections of their music, but most of it just seems like random notes played by 3 year olds.
hey guys lets play three entirely different songs simultaneously

tomohawkjoe
10-26-2007, 11:42 PM
hey guys lets play three entirely different songs simultaneously
Pssh
more like 27.

Disco Vietnam
11-01-2007, 12:00 AM
3 year olds? Do you know how perfectly structured their songs are? This band is by far one of the most technical bands out there.

remember
11-01-2007, 02:37 AM
3 year olds? Do you know how perfectly structured their songs are? This band is by far one of the most technical bands out there.

disco vietnam my taste in music is so much different then yours i try not to comment on your posts but....you like this band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utT0lLC6d5Q. so in my opinion when you say there song is perfectly structured to me that means that they're a piece ****.

guitarwannabe16
11-01-2007, 04:14 AM
^Hush yo mouth foo.

dead_kennedy
11-01-2007, 04:55 AM
disco vietnam my taste in music is so much different then yours i try not to comment on your posts but....you like this band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utT0lLC6d5Q. so in my opinion when you say there song is perfectly structured to me that means that they're a piece ****.

A) Who the **** are you?
B) Did you really just say that about one of the most highly influential and talented hardcore bands of the last decade?

This forum is full of morons.

Disco Vietnam
11-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Everything in their songs are timed completely to perfection and it's a shame someone as damn ignorant as you will never be able to comprehend that.

Also, Converge has been (as stated before) one of the most influential bands of the past decade. Just because you can't understand the music they play, doesn't mean that the band isn't very good. Your ears are just untrained.

likeomgtehtuck!
11-01-2007, 03:23 PM
What a dumb****.

technicolour
11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Oh shi- someone dissing the 'verge ?!

I like Behold, but I haven't gotten around to listening to the new album yet, hopefully I will eventually, I have a lot to listen to..so little time

SealCubMassacre
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM

Just because a band is technical does not necessarily mean their songs are any good. Sure these guys can play and are obviously extremely talented at their instruments but their songs suck more **** than Heather Mills at a Saudi Arabian dinnerparty and is at times just as sloppy.

Between the Buried and Me = technical and good.
Behold the Arctopus = technical and bad.

aggiefan33
11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Why do you have to be so god damned ignorant?
Great song btw

tomohawkjoe
11-01-2007, 11:40 PM
Just because a band is technical does not necessarily mean their songs are any good. Sure these guys can play and are obviously extremely talented at their instruments but their songs suck more **** than Heather Mills at a Saudi Arabian dinnerparty and is at times just as sloppy.

And the lord said, let there be opinions, and he saw that it was gonna stir **** up...

I personally find BTA's music pretty enjoyable.
The tapping part in Canada is so amazing.
I guess it comes down to taste.
Some people think BTA is good, some think they're bad.

PS:
Behold and BTBAM tour anyone?
I can't say I really dig ABR, but I want to go just to see BTA and BTBAM.

Disco Vietnam
11-02-2007, 07:15 AM

Valid reasoning, however, you're still a fu cking idiot, and your ears are severely untrained. Their song structure is far, and I mean bloody miles away from sloppy. The drums, guitar and Warr guitar are all timed to near perfection.

Once again, your ignorance shines clear as day.

guitarwannabe16
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Behold is some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard.

On that note, I heart Canada.

tomohawkjoe
11-02-2007, 10:45 PM

Seconed

Shine On...
11-03-2007, 11:16 PM

YAY!

Great song though.

SealCubMassacre
11-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Valid reasoning, however, you're still a fu cking idiot, and your ears are severely untrained. Their song structure is far, and I mean bloody miles away from sloppy. The drums, guitar and Warr guitar are all timed to near perfection.

Once again, your ignorance shines clear as day.

Song structure? I can't hear a song structure in any of their songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wniXxeTJlyM

If you think that isn't sloppy, then I don't seem to be the one who needs my ears training. Impressive at times, but also very sloppy at times too.

guitarwannabe16
11-04-2007, 06:05 PM
That was very far from sloppy, in fact it was spot on.

BR00TAL
11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
^word

tomohawkjoe
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Truth be told, I thought it sounded kinda odd without Charley.

SealCubMassacre
11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
That was very far from sloppy, in fact it was spot on.

Fair enough, I thought it was all over the place.

Each to their own I suppose.

guitarwannabe16
11-05-2007, 09:00 AM
Parts of their new album remind me of spastic ink.

tomohawkjoe
11-06-2007, 01:08 PM
Parts of their new album remind me of spastic ink.
Speaking of spastic ink
Charley from BTA and Ron from Spastic Ink worked together on Blotted Science.
Its pretty bad-ass.

guitarwannabe16
11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
There you go.