What If...

PDA

View Full Version : What If...

deadhand329
10-31-2007, 08:44 AM
what if i submit a tab for a song that the UG team can't find so they dont know if the tab is accurate?

friji
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
well they try the tab out to see if it fits the song.

deadhand329
10-31-2007, 08:52 AM
well they try the tab out to see if it fits the song.

no, i mean, what if they can't find a copy of the song to listen to?

friji
10-31-2007, 08:54 AM
well if u give them the song name and band ime sure they'll find it on youtube or some downloading site.

deadhand329
10-31-2007, 09:22 AM
alright..cause ive been watching one of my tabs just sit there for like two or three weeks and all the songs around it keep getting accepted or denied and mine just kinda sits there

buckethead_jr
10-31-2007, 09:23 AM
They don't really check them for accuracy, there is just simply too many to check.

If there is no tab in the archive for it, then it is most likely it will be accepted.

FrenchyFungus
10-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Include a link to their MySpace or wiki or something, so they at least know the song exists.

Seth Shadows
10-31-2007, 10:24 AM
They don't really check them for accuracy, there is just simply too many to check.

If there is no tab in the archive for it, then it is most likely it will be accepted.
Example. "A Fire Within" is in the Avenged Sevenfold tabs. That's so misleading. Because there was never a song called "A Fire Within". But users will bash the **** out of you if you send them on a hunt for a song thats not there.

HawkaLuigi
10-31-2007, 10:59 AM
no, i mean, what if they can't find a copy of the song to listen to?

Trust me dude, it is quite easy to find any song on the internet. Most of the time though, like Frenchy said, you'll probably need to email them and provide a link to prove that the band is real.

Not exactly on subject, but I wrote a review a week ago for an unsigned band on UG. All I had to do was show my boss that the band is real and they have an actual album to review, and he allowed it. I was asked to provide the album art, release date, and genre info, but other than that, it's been published.

I believe that would apply to tabs also. Notify Dyuha or another member of the UG Team that the band is real, send them a song if you feel the need to.

:livid:

deadhand329
10-31-2007, 04:33 PM
alright...thanks everybody i appreciate the help :)