COB - Angels Don't Kill

PDA

View Full Version : COB - Angels Don't Kill

Madmarv
10-31-2007, 12:37 PM
I was wondering how you guys play the solos in this song..
not the slow part, the fast part in the end, there's 2 solo's (or 3? ...), anyways the last 2 solo's if u know the song, or just download its tab from UG.
I must say also that I dont know **** about theory. I've been playing guitar for 3 years just using the tabs here and learning from videos such as john petruchi's video or zakk wylde and even I got marc seal which is pretty good imo. and I have a history of 1 year classic guitar and another 3 years playing on eastern instrument called "Oud", so basically 6-7 years playing strings, but 3 whiches on electric. and ofcourse, by listening to music daily...
I classify myself as "moderate" guitar player as I'm far to be advanced (comparing to the guitar pros we all know and influenced from). So.. if u guys can tell me how to play those licks so I can practice them slowly untill i can burst them out like alexi do! ...
tips like: how to pick (up or down), which fingers and etc etc ... thanks in advance!

Madmarv
11-02-2007, 10:04 AM
no one here a fan of children of bodom?

ushimir
11-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I am... Eww... What was the problem?

ushimir
11-02-2007, 04:06 PM
I am... What was the problem? Just alternate from the wrist.

Madmarv
11-02-2007, 04:48 PM
alternate from the wrist? the whole solo? what the h...

are u sure dude its alternate style the whole fast part? or is it mixed with some legato and stuff? cause I have to alternate on like, 3 strings almost 4 times in a raw in a very high speed..

Guitar_Dan_666
11-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Just do it as you find comfortable :).

Alt Picking helps alot though.

Madmarv
11-02-2007, 08:07 PM
well probebly u guys dont know what solo i'm talking about :\ or maybe u do..
for example:
E : 20 - 17 - 15
B: - - - - - - - - - - 17 - 15
G: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 17 - - - - - - -

thats part of a solo in the song Everytime I die, he do that part over and over again for like 4 times, and do it very fast. I do it like this..
^ : pick down, < : pick up, h/p : hammer on/pull offs

20^ p17 15<
17^ p15
17<

it sounds kinda.. alright.. but is it the way it should be played? originaly I mean, or is it all alter picking? and the solo in angels dont kill is the same? I wanna be able to play it exactly like the original

fixationdarknes
11-02-2007, 11:48 PM
In Angels Don't Kill solo, Alexi uses strictly alt. picking during the 16th notes.

You may find it a bit difficult at first, but that's how you're going to achieve that sound.

Madmarv
11-03-2007, 04:19 AM
oh ok thanks, I shall start my practice then ;p