PLEASe LOOK! Post count failure

PDA

View Full Version : PLEASe LOOK! Post count failure

The__Chill
11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
hello, ill get straight t the point, on my profile where it says 'all posts by the__chill' stays at 40-42 all the time. If you actually click on it it says i have posted 250 or something like that, I noticed this quite some time ago and thought it would fix itself but ive decided to let you guys know about this problem. Help me out so i can stop looking n00bish..

garden of grey
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Pit posts and New members forum posts don't count!

(Hell, I would probably have 10,000 + posts if they did.)

jmilli2
11-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Pit posts don't count towards your total

The__Chill
11-06-2007, 06:02 PM
I never post in the new members forum, thing is they go up like once it went to 57 ad 5 minutes later it was back to 41...thats what i dont get

blue_strat
11-06-2007, 06:08 PM
You post in the Pit a lot, though.

Footzyrama
11-06-2007, 06:10 PM
This happens to me to man, dont panic!

SomeoneYouKnew
11-07-2007, 04:23 AM
hello, ill get straight t the point, on my profile where it says 'all posts by the__chill' stays at 40-42 all the time. If you actually click on it it says i have posted 250 or something like that, I noticed this quite some time ago and thought it would fix itself but ive decided to let you guys know about this problem. Help me out so i can stop looking n00bish..I never post in the new members forum, thing is they go up like once it went to 57 ad 5 minutes later it was back to 41...thats what i dont getSorry I won't be able to get you to stop looking n00bish. You seem bound and determine to do that, no matter what!

1 - We've already been over the issue about posts in the Pit not counting. Interesting, that. Between the "Ban the user above you" and "How well are you known here" threads, you have 56 post. That alone is more than you have in the forums that count, combined.

Your first order of business should be to thank the UG staff for having the good sense to not have someone like me as a Mod. I swear I'd ban your whiny little ass just on general principal alone.

2 - The post count increases with Pit posts until they get filtered out. So what? It's not a big freakin deal if your count goes up for a short time. Get over it.

3 - Of course you don't post in the newbie forum. Why would a self centered moron bother to help somebody. Don't worry, though. We don't miss you there at all.

4 - Who the hell even cares about post count. You get known for the quality of your posts, not the sheer numbers. Besides this isn't a popularity contest anyway. It's people using the internet to help one another and share ideas.

5 - If you thought it was a problem it's in your profile.
Instead of making your own thread, you should have posted here:

Official Ultimate Guitar Profies BUGS thread (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=652093)

Your thread title was wrong anyway:

PLEASe LOOK! Post count failure

It should have read:

PLEASe LOOK! I'm about to make myself look like a moron.

This thread shouldn't even exist.

*Reported*

FrenchyFungus
11-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Since the profiles came in, Pit/newbie posts have counted for a short period of time, but are then taken off your post count.