mods abusing editing abilities

PDA

View Full Version : mods abusing editing abilities

skaguitarist53
11-21-2007, 08:35 PM
i had my post altered in a thread by a mod also posting in the same thread. i said nothing offensive, but what it was altered to however, i find disrespectful.

just thought id say i dont like that much.

EDIT: specifically http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11573369#post11573369 edited around 6:30 - 6:31 ish central time by primusfan

PS: Frenchy is AWESOME

muffinman123192
11-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Perk of the job...you can't do anything about it.

If it really was THAT offensive, take it up with a higher mod I guess, but seriously, it's just the internet.

skaguitarist53
11-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Perk of the job...you can't do anything about it.

If it really was THAT offensive, take it up with a higher mod I guess, but seriously, it's just the internet.

i know its the internet, and im not trying to come of whiny and all. just saying i dont appreciate their ability (moreso the use of that ability) to attempt to maliciously humiliate (not that i was personally or greatly offended or anything) me when they are supposed to be improving the forums.

Lemoninfluence
11-21-2007, 09:01 PM
mods can do what they want.

they're there to delete inappropriate posts/pics/links etc and warn/ban the users that do these things and generally organise things better (stickies, locking double threads, moving topics to more appropriate forums etc)

beyond that, they can do what they want as long as they stay within the rules.

muffinman123192
11-21-2007, 09:59 PM
i know its the internet, and im not trying to come of whiny and all. just saying i dont appreciate their ability (moreso the use of that ability) to attempt to maliciously humiliate (not that i was personally or greatly offended or anything) me when they are supposed to be improving the forums.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but really, there's nothing you can do really. As Frenchy put it, "it's just a perk of the job."

R0CKER1220
11-21-2007, 10:04 PM
Wasn't Primusfan permabanned before he became a mod?

SomeoneYouKnew
11-21-2007, 10:29 PM
i had my post altered in a thread about free speach (irony no?) by a mod in the same thread. i said nothing offensive, but what it was altered to however, i find disrespectful.

just thought id say i dont like that much.

EDIT: specifically http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11573369#post11573369 edited around 6:30 - 6:31 ish central time by primusfanI'd suggest you get on the right side of the Mods. There isn't a damned thing whining about this is going to accomplish. Free speach? NO. First of all, it's spelled: Free speech. Perhaps if you spent a bit more time spelling things correctly, you might appear intelligent enough to engage primusfan in an intelligent discussion. Whether or not you actually were, at least you wouldn't be immediately dismissed. He and I have often disagreed. But we do so in a civilized manner. If he edited your post, there are only two likely reasons.
1 - He actually likes you, and was having a laugh at your expense. Laugh along with him.
2 - You were being a complete moron. You hadn't put enough thought into your post to make it worth the read. Your logic failed so miserably that it could have easily been viewed as spam. He did you a favor by removing that tripe.

I'd suggest you adopt #1 as the reason and move on.

Second of all, Free speech is a right in certain parts of the world. This is NOT one of them. The following should explain it:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11171061&postcount=34

I hope that helps make things a bit clearer.

Good luck,
SYK

kirbyrocknroll
11-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Wasn't Primusfan permabanned before he became a mod?
Yes.

skaguitarist53
11-21-2007, 10:57 PM
I'd suggest you get on the right side of the Mods. There isn't a damned thing whining about this is going to accomplish. Free speach? NO. First of all, it's spelled: Free speech. Perhaps if you spent a bit more time spelling things correctly, you might appear intelligent enough to engage primusfan in an intelligent discussion. Whether or not you actually were, at least you wouldn't be immediately dismissed. He and I have often disagreed. But we do so in a civilized manner. If he edited your post, there are only two likely reasons.
1 - He actually likes you, and was having a laugh at your expense. Laugh along with him.
2 - You were being a complete moron. You hadn't put enough thought into your post to make it worth the read. Your logic failed so miserably that it could have easily been viewed as spam. He did you a favor by removing that tripe.

Second of all, Free speech is a right in certain parts of the world. This is NOT one of them. The following should explain it:

Good luck,
SYK

youve got it all wrong. i do realize that free speech is not an equal oppurtinity around the world. i know people can do/say whatever they want to on the internet. im not whining that my free speech was violated,as that would make little sense anyways. i was simply commenting that i found it ironic, and i will remove that part from my original post as it seems to be confusing things.

this being a "site feedback forum" i thought i would voice my opinion to something that i didnt like. wether or not i "put enough into my post" i still contributed to the thread, and for him to edit that into a joke completely irrelevant to my post only because i seemed to be defending something that he disagreed with seems irresponsible for that of a mod. ive never had conversation with primusfan through this site, to the best of my knowledge, so i have no reason to accept as a lighthearted joke. However, i do, and i find it funny myself, but that still doesnt alter the fact that my post was changed from its intended form in the thread just to make a joke. Again, i find that irresponsible of a mod. But thats my opinion. Im just here to seeif any other mods/higher authority agree with that. And im not asking for action to be brought upon primusfan or any of the mods. im just saying that they should really be using their modding abilities for more... mature (for lack of a better word) uses.

EDIT: and SYK i always thought better of you than trolling around in the Feedback forums, and sucking up to mods just because theyre mods (and not just because theyre female, or have hot girlfriends, sisters etc :p: )

GoodCharloteSux
11-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Do I agree with you that it was silly for primus fan to do so, yes..... but its not like he just destroyed your existence. In my opinion some of the mods are a bit immature sometimes but they do a decent job.

UtBDan
11-22-2007, 01:23 AM
I dont think he did it because of the disagreement of opinion. I think he did it because until he did, you said nothing to contribute.

Joe-Fish
11-22-2007, 02:14 AM
I'd suggest you get on the right side of the Mods. There isn't a damned thing whining about this is going to accomplish. Free speach? NO. First of all, it's spelled: Free speech. Perhaps if you spent a bit more time spelling things correctly, you might appear intelligent enough to engage primusfan in an intelligent discussion. Whether or not you actually were, at least you wouldn't be immediately dismissed. He and I have often disagreed. But we do so in a civilized manner. If he edited your post, there are only two likely reasons.

Good luck,
SYK

He was posting because he was annoyed, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to get on the good side of anyone. Just be respectful and I'm pretty sure he hasn't been disrespectful in any way. You also don't need to be a dick about his spelling. He makes one mistake and you point it out to make yourself look good when you're just making yourself look like more of an asshole. Also, if you're going to suck up, don't make it so obvious.

SomeoneYouKnew
11-22-2007, 07:11 AM
He was posting because he was annoyed, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to get on the good side of anyone. Just be respectful and I'm pretty sure he hasn't been disrespectful in any way. You also don't need to be a dick about his spelling. He makes one mistake and you point it out to make yourself look good when you're just making yourself look like more of an asshole. Also, if you're going to suck up, don't make it so obvious.

Your logic is flawed.

1 - Get on the wrong side of the Mods and see how that works for you.

2 - Whining because you are annoyed is pointless. No good ever comes of it.

3 - Spelling and grammar are important, if you want to be taken seriously.

4 - I don't do things for the benefit of how it makes me look.

5 - If one were trying to suck up, making it obvious would be the point, wouldn't it?

Joe-Fish
11-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Your logic is flawed.

1 - Get on the wrong side of the Mods and see how that works for you.

2 - Whining because you are annoyed is pointless. No good ever comes of it.

3 - Spelling and grammar are important, if you want to be taken seriously.

4 - I don't do things for the benefit of how it makes me look.

5 - If one were trying to suck up, making it obvious would be the point, wouldn't it?

1 - I never said to get on the wrong side of mods. I said you don't have to spend your time getting on the good side.

2 - So if something bothers him he's just supposed to take it? That's not how it works.

3 - He spelled one word wrong, You seem to be taking him seriously for how awful his grammar is.

4 - You would or else you wouldn't bother replying to his post. After all, he shouldn't be taken seriously for how bad his grammar is.

5 - Not exactly...

GoodCharloteSux
11-22-2007, 12:02 PM
he is stating (poorly) that he doesn't appreciate his post being changed around considering he said nothing offensive or overall inappropriate. I'd be annoyed if someone randomly didn't like what I said and changed it and made it look like I said it.

Regardless, the overall conversation was a waste of bandwidth, and the moderator and the user both look like tools at the end of the day.

Like aforementioned, its a joke, lighten up, but does it make it right? no...

Dobzilla
11-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Last edited by FrenchyFungus : Today at 11:13 AM. - lol.

That's right, just pour petrol on the fire!

But srsly, does it really matter that much?

Grow up, and learn to take it. _

FrenchyFungus
11-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Not a site issue, PM Primusfan if you want to discuss it further.