Best looper for acoustic?

PDA

View Full Version : Best looper for acoustic?

shredmeiser101
11-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Right now I'm looking to but a looper to use with my acoustic. I love playing cover pieces and putting together whole songs like trace bundy and such using loops. As of now I can only do it with my crappy garage band software on my mac, but I'd like to use a pedal. The one I've been looking at is the stomp-box sized one made by boss called the loop-station. I like how it's small and the relatively low price, but not about the quality. Does anyone have any experience with these? I've also looked at the digitech jam-man. It looks to me like it stores more and has easier switching but I don't know. Can anyone help? I'm looking to go to the black friday sale and GC to pick one up *fingers crossed*

Fama
11-22-2007, 10:05 AM
RC-2? The sound quality is great, and it's really easy to use. But if you're gonna need to switch the phrases, you need to bend down or get an external footswitch. The RC-20XL (or something) is a version with an another button to switch the phrase.

Yes, the Jam-man stores more, but do you really need more room than 16 minutes? It's a long time. (I don't personally know too much about the Jam-man, but I suggest you read reviews because I remember something about quality loss.)

shredmeiser101
11-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I wasn't thinking about changing into previous phrases, just straight up live loop building.

opivtguk
11-22-2007, 12:10 PM
why do you have the sketch of the unabomber on your avatar?

MoonBoots432
11-22-2007, 09:26 PM
The RC-2 is great looper, the sound quality is excellent.

shredmeiser101
11-23-2007, 12:11 AM
why do you have the sketch of the unabomber on your avatar?
I find it funny because it looks like weird al

shredmeiser101
11-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I got the looper. It works really well, but I've run out of ideas for songs to try. Any ideas?

ClaptonWannabe
11-23-2007, 04:42 PM
And you only got it this morning. Take a really easy song like Eye of the Tiger by Surviver.

Lay down the bassline, out down the chords on top, maybe even a percussive part, then do the melody on top. Awesome.

shredmeiser101
11-24-2007, 12:38 AM
I did just get it this morning, but I've been messing with it for like 5 hours lol. Eye of the tiger sounds really good actually. I really want to use the pedal for acoustic gigs at parties & stuff. So funny songs that everyone knows like that are what I'm looking for.

Jaysin
11-24-2007, 06:34 AM
You should check out Howie Day's EP DVD - The Madrigals. He uses 2 Line 6 DL4's along with a ton of other pedals, some for vocals, some for guitar. IF you want to know how to loop, check him out. Because of him I bought the Line 6. I use it all the time, not just to loop but also as an amazig delay pedal.

Hope this helps. Cheers