Should I give up?

PDA

View Full Version : Should I give up?

ISM
11-29-2007, 06:28 AM
Okay, I spent a couple of years making a solo album and now its done I dunno what to do.

I've tried getting into other bands and getting musicians to play with me live but I don't really see it going anywhere. Metal ain't big where I'm at.

:(

I got a lot of online diss as a newb and I get alot now cos people still hate my music so...

I mean I like my stuff, but that doesen't matter; cos every time sum1 stabbs at me it makes me feel like I'm nothing.

I dunno anyone been there? Should I cut my losses and just play guitar as a hobby or summit.

MVL.

BenFoffenbock
11-29-2007, 06:36 AM
Upload your music here. Someone's bound to like it. It can't be that bad :).

whitehouseffect
11-29-2007, 06:37 AM
Do you know it took Van Halen about 7 years of being thrown about and being told they sucked band playing at dingy pubs efore they became one of the most recognized and successful bands in the world?

Don't let anyone tell you that you suck. Theyre probably jealous.

l0rdpt
11-29-2007, 06:37 AM
dont give up mate if u still have playing guitar dont give up!!!
Btw i dont know why ppl dont like ur music :confused: i think its pretty good :D

Moogman
11-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Dont give up!!!. Enjoy what you do keep the passion alive dude.

man-overboard
11-29-2007, 06:45 AM
Hey man,

I think what you've done there is really good. Considering its just you whose doing it, its good. You sound like a 10x better version of the bands where I live lol.

I dont paticularly like the style of music your playing in, but it is good.

Dont give up, keep trying!

BonezShaker
11-29-2007, 06:56 AM
u can try rap........ lol

pigmaggots
11-29-2007, 12:17 PM
Okay, I spent a couple of years making a solo album and now its done I dunno what to do.

I've tried getting into other bands and getting musicians to play with me live but I don't really see it going anywhere. Metal ain't big where I'm at.

:(

I got a lot of online diss as a newb and I get alot now cos people still hate my music so...

I mean I like my stuff, but that doesen't matter; cos every time sum1 stabbs at me it makes me feel like I'm nothing.

I dunno anyone been there? Should I cut my losses and just play guitar as a hobby or summit.

MVL.

Aww man, you just have to ignore Amplifeye. Whatever you do, they will always find something negative about it, thats the way Cornwall's music scene seems to work[especially on that site].

Just keep working at it, you'll never deal in pop classics just because that's not your style, but don't give up because you can only get better.