No time for practising

PDA

View Full Version : No time for practising

Yahz0r
11-29-2007, 07:27 PM
So Im about to join a band-Maybe. It's a friend of mines new started band in which Im gonna jam with someday.... when I got time.

See those guys are still in school, but I work because Im older. The band has acces to the practise space tuesdays and sundays 19 - 23 and well... even weeks I work 06-14 and uneven weeks I work 14-22. So I cant play tuesdays, at all. Uneven weeks - obivous. Even weeks - I kind of need to get up at 5 in the morning so I wont get anytime to sleep.

This makes me able to rehearse once every second week. Im just so... I dont know.

Just wanted to share. Anyone else in a situation like this?

adambc
11-30-2007, 07:14 AM
i dont think there is a such thing as an "even" or "odd" week, but i guess you are referring to the 2nd and 4th weeks of the month, and the 1st and 3rd?

and are you using a 24 hour clock? they have the practice space Tuesday and sunday from 7pm till 11pm? even weeks you work 6am-2pm?

your post makes no sense bro, but if its working as ive interpreted it, then you have tuesday and sunday every other week, should be plenty.

civildp1
12-01-2007, 01:48 AM
My band usually only has time to rehearse two or three times a month. As long as you really make the time count and everyone practices their stuff away from the band, it's plenty of rehearsal time.

SSDDPunkRocker
12-01-2007, 10:59 PM
If you take action by being the one who basically sets up practices, or at least see if they're available during the days you are, then it should work.

Baba O'Riley
12-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I think how often you guys practice depends on how serious you are. If you get really serious once every other week isn't going to be enough.

I say try it out and see if you can get a decent amount of practice time in. If not then look for another band.

Yahz0r
12-03-2007, 07:13 AM
and are you using a 24 hour clock? they have the practice space Tuesday and sunday from 7pm till 11pm? even weeks you work 6am-2pm?

Well as I said. I dont want to be back home at midnight and then try to get some sleep before I have to get up at 05.00.