New Frontman

PDA

View Full Version : New Frontman

angusvansantana
12-01-2007, 12:45 PM
I just became the rhthym/singer/frontman of my band and i'm not entirely sure how to sing while playing and keep a crowd interested. Any tips on practicing for playing and singing and how to entertain, talk to, and keep a crowd into it?

ps. we are basically a combination of ac/dc, zepplin, and nirvana with a bit of metallica sprinkled in

Ben Godden
12-01-2007, 01:06 PM
i've not got much experience with this being a lead guitarist, but you could practise doing both A LOT and maybe introduce a song or a quick rythym to get the crowd going

SSDDPunkRocker
12-01-2007, 10:57 PM
A thread on crowd games. (http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715037)

cjb2293
12-02-2007, 12:22 AM
Well to practice for singing while playing, pick a song that is easy to play on the guitar like Puddle of Mudds "She Hates Me", and work on trying to sing along, and after you master that work on some other songs.

KKING911
12-02-2007, 01:55 AM
Talk to them, play games, see if they're having a good time, make jokes and get them to sing along.

SlackerBabbath
12-02-2007, 07:12 AM
Start with 'Jimmy Cracked Corn' and work your way up to something more complicated.
Honestly, I know it sounds uncool but it really is the best way to start singing and playing at the same time. It gives you the correct 'feel' for what you want to do, and hey, it worked for me. ;)

C_Miller
12-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Here's the best way to learn to play and sing at the same time. Play a chord progression and try to hold a conversation with a person at the same time. That works really well. See the whole idea is trying to do two completely different things at once. If you can get that down, you're golden.