Band Names/playing live question

PDA

View Full Version : Band Names/playing live question

Metaphysics
12-06-2007, 11:32 PM
so i've been in a band for a while, but we're yet to gig. once we get a solid set list down we're planning on looking into some. i know for fact that there are some good battle of the bands type things that go on in the summer, so i'm not in a rush or anything. anyways questions one: i've noticed that when i get nervous in a public forum, my hands start to sweat. is there anything i can put on them to counteract this? like that chalk stuff that weight lifters use?
also, we're yet to pick a name. here's a few we've came up with:
Toadstool
Goodbye Galaxy!
Donkey Success
Royal Purple
(we play alt-rock/metal type stuff)

guitar_hero543
12-07-2007, 12:15 AM
hey nice names! creative, i like it...personally i'd go with either goodbye galaxy or royal purple
for your hands, maybe wear fingerless gloves like the red hot chili peppers singer does, it looks sweet and it'd probably work

Vulco_Vesper
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Your hands are shaking because of nervousness. You can't put anything on them to calm them down. You just have to calm down yourself. and I don't like any of those names.

SSDDPunkRocker
12-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Your hands are shaking because of nervousness. You can't put anything on them to calm them down. You just have to calm down yourself. and I don't like any of those names.
He said they sweat, not shake.

But dude, I like "Royal Purple" for the name. As for the sweating problem, guitar_hero543 had a good idea with the gloves, but make sure you wear nice comfortable, yet ones with a good snug fit. I bought these fingerless gloves from Hot Topic, and they looked cool, but sucked when it came to palm muting and sweeping, because the glove kept moving up and down my hand and it prevented me from picking well.