Tab Related Issue

PDA

View Full Version : Tab Related Issue

Garret.
12-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Not sure if this is the right section, move this if it's necessary.

Anyways, two days ago i checked on my profile and I had 11 points; 3 unrated tabs and 1 five star rated tab, but when I checked back today it said I now only have 8. I investigated and saw that two of my tabs had been rated one star (even though one had previously been rated five stars) which caused me to lose the 3 points.

Normally I wouldn't care because they're just tabs, but I saw that they had both been rated badly by the same person and he didn't even leave comments explaining why it was wrong. I thought this was kind of suspicious so I looked at his profile and 3 things caught my eye

1) I looked and it says all his favorite bands are metal/industrial type bands (except one) and so you wouldn't really expect him to listen to the tabs I made which were The Hives (alternative rock) and Burning Spear (reggae). but you never know, I listen to metal and reggae so it's possible.

2) I also noticed that one of his favorite guitarists is Dimebag, I figure he may just for some reason be trying to get back at me because last night I said that Dimebag was "just a guitarist and I didn't understand why everyone liked him so much" which seemed to anger quite a few people

3) he also says he plays guitar yet he rated 2 bass tabs even though one of them was already rated 5 stars.

Here is his profile for reference; http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Tiamat/

He could have legitimately rated both my tabs fairly and I may just seem like paranoid idiot but this whole thing seems really fishy, how it all coincided after i made a post about Dimebag, how you wouldn't expect him to listen to that type of music, he plays guitar but makes no mention of bass and one of the tabs had previously been rated 5 stars.

If a mod or someone could at least look into it and tell me if I'm right or just paranoid that would be great.

Deliriumbassist
12-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I'll vouch that Tiamat was EXTREMELY touchy in the Dimebag thread Garett is referring to.

rbusta
12-08-2007, 09:43 PM
that guy is absolutely after you man he couldnt have seen your 2 tabs casualy, and "casualy" they were wrong to him.

FrenchyFungus
12-08-2007, 09:45 PM
*fixified*

Deliriumbassist
12-08-2007, 09:48 PM
oh, and on the subject of tab related, stuff: Recently, someone rated by powertab for Evenflow by Pearl Jam rather low. I wouldn't have a problem with this, except for the fact that on other tab sites that the tab is on, it has never gotten less than a 5 star rating. He may be basing his POV on the remastered version on the greatest hits CD, which I didn't do.

As I said, this wouldn't be a problem, but I know for a fact that it's one of the most accurate tabs of the song out there.

Any help? :p:

FrenchyFungus
12-08-2007, 09:54 PM
^Sounds perfect to me, I rated it 5 stars, cba going to the bother of removing his rating at the moment though :p:

Deliriumbassist
12-08-2007, 09:55 PM
:p:

Cheers Frenchy, I'll fellate you when I'm next in chat :p:

Garret.
12-08-2007, 09:57 PM
*fixified*

Sweet thank You

and thanks to Deliriumbassist as well for vouching