Low Morale...

PDA

View Full Version : Low Morale...

philjay
12-09-2007, 04:00 PM
Basically joined an all originals band the members being my mates. Today I had a band practice with the other guitarist and bass player and basically morale is low, I'm hearing things like I don't know if I can be bothered, we need a new signer, blah blah. Basically, we are all musicians with classical backgrounds so we know are **** but that's except the lead singer who basically doesn't really want to be in the band, is lazy and is killing the band's fire. What can be done to help this situatiom bearing in mind we can't get another singer, how can I boost the morale? We have 9 potential songs that we still need to practice as a band but does anyone have any tips?

BCWarlockRICH
12-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Beat the hell out of him. Or in a less violent way treat the singer like a kid in the sense that like you're doing what HE wants (even if ur not) ya know? idk how to explain that too well

lolmnt
12-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Tell the singer to shape up, or leave. I'm sure you can find another singer

frigginjerk
12-09-2007, 05:37 PM
yeah man... if you guys all know your stuff, you should be able to find a singer no problem. Singers LOVE bands that can play anything in any key, because it gives them greater creative freedom. Tell the singer to shape up or ship out.

Tomaz24
12-09-2007, 05:45 PM
It only takes one awesome tune that you all nail, and the atmosphere could change completely.

Just work it out!

philjay
12-09-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah I think we might all (everyone but the singer) just try and shake him up a bit, thing is he contributes in terms of song writing and lyrics so we can't really just toss him away...

Bah, we've got 2 full band rehearsals tomorrow and after tomorrow, see how they go..

pigmaggots
12-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Sort the singer out, or get new singer out, or, write instrumental songs.

SlackerBabbath
12-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Or have a go at singing yourself.

Baba O'Riley
12-11-2007, 01:09 AM
Yeah I think we might all (everyone but the singer) just try and shake him up a bit, thing is he contributes in terms of song writing and lyrics so we can't really just toss him away...

And who's to say a new singer couldn't write as well?

I agree with the others by telling him to shape up or he's out.

You might also want to try getting a gig. Nothing gets people serious like knowing a gig's coming up.