microphone stupid(really) question

PDA

View Full Version : microphone stupid(really) question

litus
12-09-2007, 09:12 PM
well here i go
where i am supossed to conect the microphone?
most places where i used to practice with my band connected everything to a PA system and then to the speakers

but now i am practicing in my friends house and i dont know where tu put the mic
all we got are guitar and bass combo amps

Roybordom
12-09-2007, 09:19 PM
find an amp head/PA that can plug in a microphone, then hook it up to a speaker. you cant plug a microphone into guitar and bass combo amps

C_Miller
12-09-2007, 09:19 PM
In the normal input jack. Use the bass amp rather than the guitar amp. The bass amp will hold the lower frequency better, unless you have an abnormally high voice.

twistedmaggot
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
you'll need to get a connection that'll fit in a 3/4" input jack, i think.

Revan
12-09-2007, 10:03 PM
The failure that is the presence on this humble site still astounds me. First off, do you have a dynamic mic or a condenser? If you have a condenser, you will need something 48v phantom power. If not, (I assume you don't have one) you simply need an XLR to 1/4 in. converter. These are not too pricey, I got mine for around 10-12 bucks.

axemanchris
12-09-2007, 11:16 PM
I'll say that - given the limited range of gear they have - the likelihood of it being a condensor is slim at the very best. Not impossible, though, so it could be a point well taken.

I've jammed using a mic plugged into an XLR input to a keyboard amp with some half-way reasonable success. A bass amp isn't that different. But then, sharing the bass amp between vocal and bass duties is less than ideal.

CT

SSDDPunkRocker
12-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Get a cheap keyboard amp, and one of those XLR to 1/4" converters.