Band Heading for disaster?

PDA

View Full Version : Band Heading for disaster?

Kaininmich
12-11-2007, 12:37 AM
idk.. i need an attentiong rabbing thread name.. but kinda is true

We're a three peice acoustic band right now playing a venue in pontiac mi..
6 and half weeks away

we might have a half hour set or an hour..

not sure

we're doing acoustic..

the crowd is probly gonna be.. 18 - 28 mainly

and we're a singer and two guitarist.. any ideas for some nice songs we could learn as a couple of pretty well known but not over played songs?

cuz we're gonna put in about.. 2 - 4 covers and the 6 - 8 of our own of its an hour

and if its a half hour.. 2 - 3 covers 5 of our own..

FeiRei
12-11-2007, 01:02 AM
Man On The Side- John Mayer
Time Of Your Life- Green Day
Give Me Some Money- The Ruddles/Spinal Tap

Baba O'Riley
12-11-2007, 01:03 AM
So far it doesn't look like you're headed for disaster if you have 6 and a half weeks left to rehearse...

though you do need to find out how long your set is.

What style of music do you play? What's everyone's playing level?

Kaininmich
12-11-2007, 01:06 AM
OKay well..

My singer.. Joey Has Good Warm Tone.. think scooter ward soft warm tone... and a BFMV harsh Vocals.. he has a good range.

the rhyhm guitarist Jamie Great at rythyms and little licks.. hes alright and me

I"m Lead aka Spyder(yeah i have a nickname)

I'm pretty good at lead but we're relaly just looking for some covers to put in there that arent too hard but are crowd pleasers that people will know and like yeah

Songs that are out of the question

Hinder - LIps of an angel... way to over played,
Eagles - Hotel California
Any pink floyd.. no one there will like it.. its more of an acoustic punk acoustic soft place with some somewhat rockers there

and thats all i can think of...

Baba O'Riley
12-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Maybe try...

Layla-Eric Clapton
Knockin' On Heaven's Door-Bob Dylan
Wild Horses-The Rolling Stones

GuitarNinja12
12-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Anything by the Beatles or anything on claptons unplugged.
Cant Fail.

Kaininmich
12-11-2007, 01:53 AM
well i'm still trying to get some info and what kind of other bands with be playing i think we're opening not sure but i do know that we're gonna be paid as a badn about 200 - 300 bucks.. split between three aint too bad and the gas is being paid for by my friends mom lol... so yeah... very supportive family

FeiRei
12-11-2007, 11:45 AM
The KKK Took My Baby Away- Ramones. I think it could so totally work for the crowd you are playing for.

Kaininmich
12-11-2007, 05:41 PM
A little racist dont ya think?

cjb2293
12-11-2007, 06:35 PM
try Nirvana covers, pretty much any of their songs are good acoustic

trey-col89
12-11-2007, 07:15 PM
If you're an acoustic trio I think its manditory that you cover Suite Judy Blue Eyes, but you guys will most likely not be able to sing it, unless the three of you have the voices of angels.

MSFoSS
12-11-2007, 07:21 PM
nirvana covers is a good idea
The Shins- New Slang is popular and A Call to Apathetity is easy but i dought anyone knows it
knocking on heavens door
maybe some modest mouse

GentlyWeeps
12-11-2007, 07:22 PM
If you're an acoustic trio I think its manditory that you cover Suite Judy Blue Eyes, but you guys will most likely not be able to sing it, unless the three of you have the voices of angels.

+ 1, especially if you have a lady in the audience. :kiss:

trey-col89
12-11-2007, 08:29 PM
No bullshit, if you guys can actually play Suite Judy Blue Eyes and not butcher it, copious amounts of panties will be tossed at you guys.

FeiRei
12-12-2007, 12:02 AM
A little racist dont ya think?
Have you ever listened to that song? Its not racist and if your playing for a punk-ish crowd they would probably know the tune.

Final !mpact
12-12-2007, 01:39 AM
jhon butler?

Kaininmich
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM
yeah i read some of the lyrics idk.. we're still trying to find out how long of a set we'll have to play...

and before hand we're gonna be putting some recordings up on a NEW myspace page too

fretmaster91
12-12-2007, 05:27 PM
The Freshman - The verve pipe - Please listen to it if youve never heard it!!!
Wonderwall - Oasis
Stolen - Dashboard Confessional
Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Drive -Incubus

Wulver
12-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, put some Ramones songs into acoustic form for the punks in the crowd. You could probably cram 3 of them into five minutes of show time.

luckygnome19
12-12-2007, 11:30 PM
if you can pull it off go for Down in a Hole by Alice in Chains

if not find something that you like that would fit the genre and turn it into an acoustic song

btw, where in pontiac is this going to be?

Baba O'Riley
12-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Come to think of it....

Hey There Deliah might be a good cover to throw in...

VIRUSDETECTED
12-14-2007, 02:12 AM
Swing Life Away by Rise Against if it's going to be kinda' punky. Look up Everchanging by the them (The acoustic version anyway).

Kaininmich
12-16-2007, 08:48 PM
its gonna be in the eagle room near pontiac i believe idk.. i'm not to keen on where exactly its at.. the rythym guitarist's mom is driving us down there and shes payin for gas so thats why thats goin down but um yeah idk.. we're having a problem with our singer.. being this is his first gig hes freaking out... this will be my third but biggest gig so yeah not too stressed out just under some pressure