What song?

PDA

View Full Version : What song?

micolegio
12-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi!
We are just creating our band, and we have the singer, that plays the bass, two guitarrist (one rythm guitar, and other one more for the solos, thats me..:P), and a drummer. All of us are a bit new with this instruments, but we will play for fun. We like things like rock, but not really hard... we also like grunge, punk, and more relax things.

The big deal is that we need to find nice songs to play, but it is too difficult to find songs with what we really want: A nice and not impossible solo, or at least to have a solo, two guitars, bass, and something fun for the both guitarrists... the problem is that sometimes we find songs, and they don't have all this things. Please we need help to choose songs, I thought it was easier, but it isn't..

Thanks for the help

pd: sorry for my english level, I'm not native speaker.. :D

jazz_croatia
12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Check out these bands (mostly underground):
Guns n' Roses, AC/DC, Metallica, The Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, the Clash

micolegio
12-13-2007, 03:38 PM
that is just what I want to play, and I've been practicing song from gnr, acdc, but I will search more for rolling stones and the clash, maybe that may help..

Thanks for your help... any other suggestions, maybe naming songs, because I know this are the best bands to choose, but they have thousands of songs... any help is accepted and we will be thankful

Thanks jazz_croatia :D

cjb2293
12-13-2007, 03:43 PM
i suggest you try some Nirvana, they have fun songs to jam to like Smells Like Teen Spirit, All Apologies, and pretty much any of their stuff

also try these bands out
Aerosmith
Def Leppard
Journey

And maybe you'll like some newer artists like
Breaking Benjamin
Evans Blue
or maybe some newer metallica stuff

jazz_croatia
12-13-2007, 05:35 PM
Best songs you ask? Crowd pleasers you ask (well not really)?

the Clash - Rock th Casbah, Should I Stay or Should I Go, White Riot
the Rolling Stones - I can't get no Satisfaction, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Brown Sugar
ZZ Top - Tush, La Grange, Gimme all your Lovin'
AC/DC - Highway to Hell, Back in Black, It's a long way to the top, Hells Bells
Guns n' Roses - Night Train, Welcome to the jungle
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls (overused and overplayed in my opinion), Whiskey in the Jar, Seek and Destroy (without the solo)

Here you go mate.

Baba O'Riley
12-14-2007, 01:36 AM
Check out some of these

Sunshine of Your Love-Cream
Basket Case, Holiday, Brain Stew- Green Day
Blitzkrieg Bop, Rock n' Roll High School-The Ramones
Self Esteem- The Offspring
Times Like These-Foo Fighters
Johnny B. Goode- Chuck Berry
Song 2-Blur
Louie Louie-The Kingsmen