My high E string on my acoustic broke and...

PDA

View Full Version : My high E string on my acoustic broke and...

SnoDog
12-14-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm gonna be buying a new pack of strings, and was wondering what gauge strings my guitar uses. I want to buy a set of the same size strings that came on my guitar from the factory. :D

My guitar is an Epiphone DR-100 Acoustic. I looked in my owners manual, but it didn't say anywhere what gauge the factory strings were. :D

I'm gonna be heading over to Guitar Center tomorrow to buy a new pack of strings, and it would really help me if someone knew the factory string gauges for my guitar, or just Epiphone acoustics in general. Thanks!

-Sno :D :D

dpv
12-14-2007, 07:12 AM
go to: http://www.epiphone.com/

bottom of page there is a link to 'd-load' - go there and scroll all the way down to string gauges.

:D

tom183
12-14-2007, 08:00 AM
Im not sure for your particular model. But acoustics generally come with 12's.

SnoDog
12-14-2007, 02:04 PM
go to: http://www.epiphone.com/

bottom of page there is a link to 'd-load' - go there and scroll all the way down to string gauges.

:D

Thanks a lot!!! :D

I can't believe I missed that... I looked everywhere on that website, but I mainly was wandering around in their "service" and "tech support" area for some reason... Thanks again! :D

SnoDog
12-14-2007, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, I went out to Guitar Center today, :Dand tried to buy a set of the strings as per my factory Epiphone string Gauge specifications. However, the guy at the counter told me Gibsons and Epiphones use a custom light string gauge on their acoustics. :D The factory string gauges for my Epiphone acoustic are:

12-16-25-34-41-52

But he said only Gibson and a few other string manufacturers make strings in those exact gauges, and said any of the regular brand strings with close specifications would work.

So I bought two packs of Elixir's, in size:

12-16-24-32-42-53

Will I have any problems putting these strings on my Acoustic? The numbers are off by just a little bit. I'm wondering if I'll have to adjust my truss rod or intonation or anything like that after putting these on. Thanks a bunch guys! :D

tom183
12-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Will I have any problems putting these strings on my Acoustic? The numbers are off by just a little bit. I'm wondering if I'll have to adjust my truss rod or intonation or anything like that after putting these on.

No, its such a small change you wont have to worry about any adjusting.

SnoDog
12-15-2007, 02:55 AM
No, its such a small change you wont have to worry about any adjusting.

:D I put them on today, and they play/feel/sound great! Thanks! :D