marketing

PDA

View Full Version : marketing

metallax57
12-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm in a band with some kids around the area, and we've played a pretty good number of shows. however, we always seem to have problems getting a lot of people in through the doors. any suggestions for marketing a band? we've been handing out flyers, but that hasn't worked that well...

callum2903
12-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm in a band with some kids around the area, and we've played a pretty good number of shows. however, we always seem to have problems getting a lot of people in through the doors. any suggestions for marketing a band? we've been handing out flyers, but that hasn't worked that well...

you no just get all our m8s to gigs, first gig is always the easiest to fill, cause there are like everyone wanting to here you after you talked about urselfs alot, just you no tell everyone you no even if you dont like em, posters, everything send out like a million emails, put flyers through doors, go nuts
its getting gigs my ban having trouble with lol

freshtunes
12-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Advertise through myspace and facebook. I have found that Facebook kicks ass for marketing. Also, don't just hand out flyers, hang them up around town as well. If you are playing some good size, reputable clubs, try and get on an independent radio station. Record a demo and hand it out to everyone you know.