I'm thinkin of starting a band...

PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinkin of starting a band...

Xx Death xX
12-16-2007, 11:57 AM
I need to know everything I've been playing Guitar for about a year and 2 months now... I need to know like how to handle stuff how to record things to put on myspace.... I need whatever u can tell me, thx

M.B.MetalTabber
12-16-2007, 12:03 PM
well, make sure your band consists of dedicated people who you get along with (people who are good players but not really dependable coz they aren't interested are no good)
singers don't matter to start with, guitar drums bass are essential to begin with, write a few songs that you are happy with, and try and pick up a singer unless one of your members you already have can sing
then think about recording and getting a myspace, i'll let someone else talk about recording coz i cba

stradivari310
12-16-2007, 12:08 PM
don't make a myspace until you have recordings. That way if the band falls apart you won't look retarded.

sammcl-15
12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Worry about getting songs....Then when you have songs, come back and learn how to record.

funkyfigure8
12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
sometimes its good to start with covers to get everyone used to playing with eachother but its
a MUST getting your own songs pretty early

Nihil
12-16-2007, 12:21 PM
some amps have an output you can record direct into the computer, for drums multiple mics are best, but a non-directional room mic would probably pick up everything, seperate mics for all instruments would be best, but i don't know how much money you have

one time i recorded me and my friend jamming, him on acoustic and me on electric, with just a computer headset hung in the air, the quality was actually decent, it wasn't fuzzy, so just experiment around

Dunjma
12-16-2007, 06:00 PM
sometimes its good to start with covers to get everyone used to playing with eachother but its
a MUST getting your own songs pretty early

not always. powderfinger started off as purely a cover band, and now they are superstars.

so i s'pose that i depends on when you think you are ready to start writing.
also i would suggest playing live a few times when you have learned some songs, so you know what everyone is going to be like as a show band as opposed to a garage band if you know what i mean.

Xx Death xX
12-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I wanna know how to record stuff to put onto myspace

M.B.MetalTabber
12-18-2007, 03:18 PM
I wanna know how to record stuff to put onto myspace
You sound a little bit like a spoiled kid who didn't get what he wanted there...
There's a lot of ways to record stuff...I'm at an advantage when my band gets started coz my college has recording studios in it and people who can do good quality recordings, and it's free. For you, some sort of computer recording software is probably what you need, but I don't know too much about it tbh.

freshrocker
12-19-2007, 12:06 PM
What I do is use a mic hooked up to my computer, shove it in my acoustic, and use audacity. Audacity is a nice recording program with some good features. Get it here (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/). And then download LAME to export the mp3's. Get it here (http://lame.sourceforge.net/index.php). Then post to myspace. Your welcome.

P.S. What's wrong with all you people who wont answer a question

Xx Death xX
05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
You sound a little bit like a spoiled kid who didn't get what he wanted there...
There's a lot of ways to record stuff...I'm at an advantage when my band gets started coz my college has recording studios in it and people who can do good quality recordings, and it's free. For you, some sort of computer recording software is probably what you need, but I don't know too much about it tbh.

sorry to seem a little spoiled man.... but where do you go to college? and do u think alot of other colleges have recording studios?

metallicafan616
05-27-2008, 05:41 PM
this was 2007 and uy resurrected it!?!?

thedefrockednun
05-27-2008, 06:10 PM
lol it seems so but hey Xx Death xX, have made a band in the mean time?? and how come your answering an ancient post all of a sudden?