closeing for no reason

PDA

View Full Version : closeing for no reason

bendystraw
12-16-2007, 09:55 PM
when i am browsing in the forums i have had no other sites or programs running, but suddenly my browsing window just randomly closes. is this a problem with UG or do i just have a virus? anyone else have this problem?

Kensai
12-16-2007, 10:04 PM
I sincerely doubt it's UG. If I were you I'd do a virus and a spyware scan.

bendystraw
12-16-2007, 10:07 PM
I sincerely doubt it's UG. If I were you I'd do a virus and a spyware scan.
ok. it just did it again, too.

Kensai
12-16-2007, 10:09 PM
My UG isn't closing and I don't see why it would just be UG that was closing your browser (and how, and why).

Does this occur on other sites?

RedDeath9
12-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Try going on other sites for a while and see if it happens. It's probably some kind of virus/spyware on your computer.

bendystraw
12-16-2007, 11:19 PM
My UG isn't closing and I don't see why it would just be UG that was closing your browser (and how, and why).

Does this occur on other sites?
it never has. on UG it is just when i am doing nothing reading posts. elsewhere on youtube or addictinggames or something nothing of the sort happens.

emad
12-17-2007, 02:31 AM
^Which browser do you use?

bendystraw
12-17-2007, 08:02 AM
^Which browser do you use?
i use Firefox so i can restore it right where i was. why?

henza_x
12-17-2007, 08:19 AM
My IE has closed on me before randomly... maybe its taking to much memory so it just closed automatically.... can you hear your computer working like its taking alot of effort?
If not prolly spyware
But what creeps me out alot of the time is that when i visit these international sites, they know that i'm australian like the ads advertise bands that only aussies know or advertise girls in MY city that are available.. creeeepy

Lemoninfluence
12-17-2007, 08:29 AM
My IE has closed on me before randomly... maybe its taking to much memory so it just closed automatically.... can you hear your computer working like its taking alot of effort?
If not prolly spyware
But what creeps me out alot of the time is that when i visit these international sites, they know that i'm australian like the ads advertise bands that only aussies know or advertise girls in MY city that are available.. creeeepy
It uses your IP to find out your location.

TS, I doubt it's ug itself that's making your browser shut down. maybe try uninstalling firefox and reinstall it.

minichibi
12-17-2007, 09:28 AM
i had the same problem for a while. It came and went for like a couple months, but then we bought new memory and had our wireless fixed and now it rarely happens.

I use IE though.

emad
12-17-2007, 09:55 AM
i use Firefox so i can restore it right where i was. why?

Reinstall flash player.You can download it here (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer9.html) .(latest version).
It's also free.
I solved this problem by this way.