zantimas
12-23-2007, 12:15 PM
btw, email is the_zantimas@hotmail.com

Jimbleton
12-23-2007, 12:16 PM
clapton, bb king, john mayall theres a start

ikky_slimy_bugs
12-23-2007, 12:19 PM
No, no blues! u'll be stuck in a pentatonic position for years! do something creative and original

jazz_croatia
12-23-2007, 12:44 PM
Go to the Suggested listening thread. I would ask someone to close this if it isn't a problem.

Dimebag22
12-23-2007, 12:45 PM
No, no blues! u'll be stuck in a pentatonic position for years! do something creative and original
Why are you in this forum if you are just going to bash blues?

gopherthegreat
12-23-2007, 12:46 PM
LOL

anyway, some good artists are Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, Joe Bonamassa (hes a great modern bluesman), and BB King

Dimebag22
12-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Yeah so, Albert King, BB King, Albert Collins, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Freddie King, Buddy Guy. And many more that I can't think of at the moment.

alteredgod
12-23-2007, 08:36 PM
BB King, Howlin Wolf & Stevie Ray Vaughan is the only blues I ever really listen to it. Its all you need :)

ze monsta
12-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Dude,
what kinda blues are you looking for?
I'd suggest a lot of delta blues, but if that's not gonna be what you want there is little point.

Check out Clapton, people bash him, but I think he's wicked if you're looking for blues rock.
Look at some Led Zep stuff too.

angus is god
12-25-2007, 11:27 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan. start with him if you dont want to be bored.

LSSF
12-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Pre War Blues: (very rough, raw acoustic playing)
Robert Johnson
Son House
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Charley Patton

Delta Blues: (Introduction of Electric guitar)
Big Bill Broonzy
Muddy Waters
Mississippi Fred McDowell
John Lee Hooker
Willie Dixon
Howlin Wolf
Elmore James
Sonny Boy Williamson

Chicago Blues: (pentonic blues feely playing)
Buddy Guy
BB King
Paul Butterfield Blues Band
Albert King
Freddie King
T-Bone Walker
Otis Rush

British Blues:
John Mayall's Bluesbreakers - Beano with Eric Clapton on Guitar
- A Hard Road with Peter Green on Guitar
- Crusade with Mick Taylor
Fleetwood Mac - (early Peter Green lineup)

And All Great other Blues Players -
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Johnny Winter
Jimi Hendrix
Duane Allman
Eric Clapton
John Mayer
Doyle Braham II
Derek Trucks Band

etc. etc.

Listen to a couple songs from each category I broke down for you, and you should be able to get the full view of how you can play/interpret the blues.

continental
12-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Buddy Guy, BB King, and Hendrix are my favorite

nedavis
12-26-2007, 05:09 PM
Buddy Guy was the first... guy... that made blues not feel old to me. He was the easiest for me to hear the blues tempo and feel the notes with. It was the album Sweet Tea that did it for me - just had this super crungy swamp feel to it that I couldn't ignore. Then from there I went with some modern stuff - particularly the Black Keys. Then the White Stripes - Ball and Biscuit is a shot straight from satan himself. That led to Robert Johnson and now I'm at Jimi Hendrix and there is no going back from there. Going to have to invent my own from here on out.

Sleepn_Giant
12-26-2007, 05:29 PM
Listen to how people like Charlie Parker, Thelonious Monk, and Wes Montgomery play the blues. That's the way it should be done ;)

Tazeyo
12-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Wasn't Charlie Parker more like Bebop?
I'd recommend Robert Johnson, BB King, Muddy Waters, and then some Jimi Hendrix's stuff, Eric Clapton and what not.

Sleepn_Giant
12-27-2007, 04:40 AM
Wasn't Charlie Parker more like Bebop?

Yes he was, but that is not to say that he didn't play blues songs a lot. Because he did.