funny reaction

PDA

View Full Version : funny reaction

druz15_UG
12-24-2007, 01:08 AM
I just kicked the rhythm guitarist out of one of my bands yesterday thru a txt nd he went absolutely ape-sh*t at me it was hilarious.

He absolutely sucked ass, couldn't keep in time or play anything half decent, and he just went on about how his gear was better because he has a tube amp, AND I STILL broke it to him nicely, saying ' oh im real sorry man but we talkd and we wanna kick you out the band its nothn personal we just dont think its workn and we feel wed been much better as a 4 piece' (a nice way of saying: you're draggin us all down).

So anyway he txts back goin f**k you and i was lyk wat? nd he goes i believe i told u to go f**k urself blah blah blah and all this sh*t I couldn't believe it, I mean, it was clear at every band practice and recording session that he sucked, one song the drummer kept stopping halfway through and going wats the sound it sounds wrong whoevers doing that stop and it was him and he STILL kept playing it. I couldn't believe that he was so oblivious to everything and to the fact that he was awful at guitar and he was lyk SUPRISED that we kicked him out. The strange thing is, he's INSANE at violin but awful at guitar, u think the talent would somehow transfer but no.

GITARdud391
12-24-2007, 01:12 AM
yeah that's odd. There's this kid in my music theory class who plays violin and he's sick at the guitar. But, I think it has to do with the fact that he's been playin violin since he was like 3, so yeah, lol. That sucks though, that guy sounds like an idiot.

Chevymeister
12-24-2007, 01:13 AM
As a band leader maybe you could have helped him improve and gave him learning strategies or practices.

His reaction though, priceless.

Krazy_KoRn
12-24-2007, 01:15 AM
the guitarist should just grow some balls and accept it like a man.

COBHC728
12-24-2007, 01:15 AM
yeah i know what you mean. Our bass player a year ago had no work ethic. We'd play like 2 songs then he'd want to go and watch TV or something dumb. He also had this really nice bass and this great little amp that sounded really good. He also sucked quite bad and he thinks he's good. Like, when we would write a riff, I would have to show him the riff, and tab it out for him, and he still couldn't play worth a ****. So we kicked him out, and... here's the best part... he left all of his gear at our drummer's house and said we could have it. He didn't care about music at all, he just liked being able to say to chicks that he was in a band. So now we have a good bassist with really nice gear and we're getting gigs. So **** happens but you'll get over it.

COBHC728
12-24-2007, 01:17 AM
btw krazy korn's sig is smiley-tastic.

Dunjma
12-24-2007, 01:20 AM
you could have at least had the balls to tell it to his face, NOT using a text message. imo he had every right to react the way he did and im not surprised he did take that path. gees people in this world are so inconsiderate to other feelings.

pisses me off.

GITARdud391
12-24-2007, 01:22 AM
you could have at least had the balls to tell it to his face, NOT using a text message. imo he had every right to react the way he did and im not surprised he did take that path. gees people in this world are so inconsiderate to other feelings.

pisses me off.

Yeah tellin him in a txt probably wasn't the smartest idea.

druz15_UG
12-24-2007, 01:25 AM

pisses me off.

well we'd just had a band practice (without him) and the drummer was hounding me to kick him out coz we'd voted on it at the practice (3 to 1 btw) and i dont have his ph numba OR adress and like hell I wud hav drove there to tell him if i did.

Dunjma
12-24-2007, 01:32 AM
you dont have his phone number and yet you were able to send a text message? does anyone else see something strange here?

GITARdud391
12-24-2007, 01:37 AM
^Hah, I noticed that too.

Mike-T
12-24-2007, 01:41 AM
The only worse way to kick him out than through a text would of been to have your mom do it for you...

druz15_UG
12-24-2007, 01:43 AM
HOME PHONE that you RING not CELL PHONE, that you TXT and before u say, wah why didnt u ring his cell, i hav no minutes on my cell

GITARdud391
12-24-2007, 01:45 AM
HOME PHONE that you RING not CELL PHONE, that you TXT and before u say, wah why didnt u ring his cell, i hav no minutes on my cell

Maybe these are details you should have specified in the beginning,lol.

Krazy_KoRn
12-24-2007, 01:48 AM
just egg his house :D

druz15_UG
12-24-2007, 01:50 AM
just egg his house

hmmm *strokes chin as if in thought*

Krazy_KoRn
12-24-2007, 01:54 AM
than if he comes out be like "Yous a bi*ch and im aint" and than proceed to run away :D

jazz_croatia
12-24-2007, 07:00 AM
Firstly by your way of writing I can only presume you have a terrible illness.
Secondly, never do something like that again. Don't be a mentally challenged teenager and text them with things like that. Buy yourself some balls and talk to them face to face.

VIRUSDETECTED
12-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Firstly by your way of writing I can only presume you have a terrible illness.
Secondly, never do something like that again. Don't be a mentally challenged teenager and text them with things like that. Buy yourself some balls and talk to them face to face.

Seriously, or just pressure them to quit. Either way, you win.

The Evil Hat
12-25-2007, 08:46 PM
so you were a jackass to your rhythm guitarist and now that he is mad at you you're surprised? if you're gonnna kick someone out of a band dont do it with a text, if you dont have minutes on your cell either use a house phone or wait.

Freunleven
12-25-2007, 11:36 PM
so you were a jackass to your rhythm guitarist and now that he is mad at you you're surprised? if you're gonnna kick someone out of a band dont do it with a text, if you dont have minutes on your cell either use a house phone or wait.
Precisely. The way you kicked him out is even weaker than breaking up with your girlfriend via text.

:satan:

lagunasunrise
12-26-2007, 01:44 AM
Precisely. The way you kicked him out is even weaker than breaking up with your girlfriend via text.

:satan:

+1

HethaHORRIFIC
12-26-2007, 04:06 AM
i think its stupid that people are ripping on you.

i went through the whole "having to kick out the crappy rythm guitarist"

and i admit, its hard. esspecially when they are a friend, and have been inversting in equipment for himself in the band.

probabaly even more pussy than what you did, we just told him we all quit and the band was over, then we secretly kept practising without him knowing. then came out and played some gigs. he was cut. but sorta over it by then. (y)

pandora_grunt
12-26-2007, 05:41 AM
At least you could've waited till next practice ad told him to his face. I went through the same thing so don't tell me I don't know what it's like.

The whole "I had to text him because" act doesn't do it for me. Especially with your grammar.

Just chill of, and do not call it a funny reaction. I'm surprised your not here telling you got yoru ass kicked in a fight with the guy.

Cheez... some people...

axemanchris
12-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Quitting bands/firing members should be looked at like breaking up with a girlfriend.

Face to face is the only way, regardless of circumstance. Short-term relationship - mostly pretty easy. Long-term relationship... harder.

He gave up his time (whether you appreciate it or not) and effort to come out and (in his mind) help you guys. The least you can do is offer him the dignity/respect/courtesy of telling it to his face, and making sure you thank him for everything he has contributed along the way. (even if it isn't much, in your opinion)

CT

druz15_UG
12-27-2007, 04:57 AM
i think its stupid that people are ripping on you.

i went through the whole "having to kick out the crappy rythm guitarist"

and i admit, its hard. esspecially when they are a friend, and have been inversting in equipment for himself in the band.

probabaly even more pussy than what you did, we just told him we all quit and the band was over, then we secretly kept practising without him knowing. then came out and played some gigs. he was cut. but sorta over it by then. (y)

thank you

At least you could've waited till next practice ad told him to his face. I went through the same thing so don't tell me I don't know what it's like.

The whole "I had to text him because" act doesn't do it for me. Especially with your grammar.

Just chill of, and do not call it a funny reaction. I'm surprised your not here telling you got yoru ass kicked in a fight with the guy.

Cheez... some people...

what's so bad about my grammar?
I would kill the guy in a fight, like ACTUALLY kill him I F**KING hated him he ruined our band when he was in it we played in this national band contest thing and he TURNED HIS GUITAR UP halfway through my solo, and I don't mean a little boost he DROWNED me out AND he was out of time the entire song and what would have been a great performance was and we didn't make the next set of heats because of this. And that is not just my opinion the whole band blamed him AND the review sheet they wrote about us actually said "rhythm guitarist could not keep in time" and that was the only BAD thing about us they wrote so it MUST have been the contributing factor.

druz15_UG
12-27-2007, 05:00 AM
and making sure you thank him for everything he has contributed along the way. (even if it isn't much, in your opinion)

I said it really nicely to him i pretty much said it's not that you're bad it's just that we only want one guitarist

pandora_grunt
12-27-2007, 05:33 AM
what's so bad about my grammar?
I would kill the guy in a fight, like ACTUALLY kill him I F**KING hated him he ruined our band when he was in it we played in this national band contest thing and he TURNED HIS GUITAR UP halfway through my solo, and I don't mean a little boost he DROWNED me out AND he was out of time the entire song and what would have been a great performance was and we didn't make the next set of heats because of this. And that is not just my opinion the whole band blamed him AND the review sheet they wrote about us actually said "rhythm guitarist could not keep in time" and that was the only BAD thing about us they wrote so it MUST have been the contributing factor.

Ok sorry about the grammar thing I said. Anyways, I see where your coming from. But a text message is still respectless even towards an apparently awful musician. Even though you hate his guts, what seems rather obvious, you could atleast have had a real life chat with him.

That's all I'm trying to say really.

druz15_UG
12-28-2007, 02:06 AM
Ok sorry about the grammar thing I said. Anyways, I see where your coming from. But a text message is still respectless even towards an apparently awful musician. Even though you hate his guts, what seems rather obvious, you could atleast have had a real life chat with him.

That's all I'm trying to say really.

that's ok dude i see where your coming from. I realised that after i did it i prob shouldn't have txt him but yeah as i said at the time i wasnt thinkin and the drummer was houndin me to do it (she hates him also and was desperate to be rid of him)

:peace:

Dunjma
12-28-2007, 05:41 AM
I said it really nicely to him i pretty much said it's not that you're bad it's just that we only want one guitarist

this may seem like nitpicking but you didnt SAY it nicely to him at all. you sent him a txt, which funnily enough uses text! believe it or not it can some times be very difficult to read emotion (thats why there is that button on the phone that says call ;) ). it can be very easy to get the wrong impression.

JackFlash19
12-28-2007, 06:09 AM
you could have at least had the balls to tell it to his face, NOT using a text message.

x2 txt messaging him and doing it is WAY scheisty. Be a man and say it to his face. :rolleyes:

alex_1422
12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
There is this new-fangled thing called "punctuation". You should try it sometime

axemanchris
12-28-2007, 04:42 PM
There is this new-fangled thing called "punctuation". You should try it sometime

Is it just me, or does anyone else see anything funny here? :lol:

CT

TranquilNight
12-30-2007, 12:49 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else see anything funny here? :lol:

CT
Nah, it's like an educational game. You have to try using the punctuation in the sentence.

See:
There is this new-fangled thing called "punctuation". You should try it sometime.