Working on a setlist

PDA

View Full Version : Working on a setlist

tbca
12-25-2007, 09:39 PM
I started a band a couple weeks ago and Everyone in the band is kinda young 11-13 I am completely new at the drums only had a drum set for a couple of weeks but have picked up some simpler drum beats I have to great guitarists (for kids) both have played 7+ years
we are classic/alt/lghtrck
Currently I am working on a setlist I have three songs I want to play so far
Smoke on the Water
Heartbreakers
Heart Shaped Box
ElectricityScape
Love Train

I want to add some more songs are there any simple songs to start of a new band

qotsa1998
12-25-2007, 09:43 PM
The Hrdest Button to Button would be an awesome, different song to throw in there. And Meg doesnt have super-complex drum patterns either, so that part isnt too difficult for you.
Also maybe try something like Electricityscape or Hard to Explain by the Strokes.

FLNagle
12-25-2007, 09:43 PM
iron man, dude.

for sure.

tbca
12-25-2007, 09:44 PM
The Hrdest Button to Button would be an awesome, different song to throw in there. And Meg doesnt have super-complex drum patterns either, so that part isnt too difficult for you.
Also maybe try something like Electricityscape or Hard to Explain by the Strokes.
we have two guitarists a lead and bass

SideshowRaven24
12-25-2007, 09:44 PM
well smoke on the water might be a little cliche... try to find some bands you like with simple songs that not many people know. that would be much more impressive to see kids that know their music, even though it isnt difficult. Heart shaped box is a great choice though. And keep it up, if you guys stick together you're gonna get really tight

tbca
12-25-2007, 09:50 PM
thanks

SSL27
12-25-2007, 10:29 PM
You could play Love Train by Wolfmother. It's a relatively easy song all across the board, and Blitzkrieg Bop would work.

tbca
12-25-2007, 11:15 PM
like love train but blitzkreig bop........ just not really feeling it