How to get musicians

PDA

View Full Version : How to get musicians

ISM
12-28-2007, 06:34 AM
Okay I really feel like I'm stuck; I'm in 'cornwall' lol and its very hard to find anyone who plays the right instruments, let alone fits my genre's.

Cos I couldn't find anyone I learn't the other instruments myself when I did my music but now I wanna get out live and I still can't find any ppl to fill the spaces.

I kinda found a guy who said he'd drum. but I'd hav to supply the kit - I sold my old acustic kit and was thinking about getting an electro kit - but being a guitarist Iv been tempted to just get a new guitar lol.

Should I try adds in the paper or summit?

MVL.

TheFly_1990
12-28-2007, 06:44 AM
www.partysounds.co.uk helped me in the quest to find a new band :D it's a great site for musician ad's, I know how you feel, i've been there myself, i just put an ad on there by chance and boom i had a band

ISM
12-28-2007, 06:48 AM
Yeah I tried them, couldn't find anyone close enouth. Found a few ppl online b4 but they were the kind that were really excited on MSN and neva ended up meeting.

MVL.

electricnightma
12-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Okay I really feel like I'm stuck; I'm in 'cornwall' lol and its very hard to find anyone who plays the right instruments, let alone fits my genre's.

Cos I couldn't find anyone I learn't the other instruments myself when I did my music but now I wanna get out live and I still can't find any ppl to fill the spaces.

I kinda found a guy who said he'd drum. but I'd hav to supply the kit - I sold my old acustic kit and was thinking about getting an electro kit - but being a guitarist Iv been tempted to just get a new guitar lol.

Should I try adds in the paper or summit?

MVL.

Ad's in the paper would get read surely, but the price isnt worth it, and you wont get many replies, if any at all. So don't put an add in your paper, go to as many music shops in Cornwall and ask the staff if they know any good guitarists, bassists, drummers and if not can you place an add in their shop. I know that this method works as I've done it and found it a great help to my band. You should never take up a member that says that they dont have a kit, as you don't know their level, the only time you should accept this is if you've actually heard them. The drummer in our band never had a real kit, but he had an electric kit, a real one with the hi hat, ride, crash, toms, snare, bass drum. So it was nearly the same and I'd heard him on a real kit. So take my advice :)

jazz_croatia
12-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Yeah, +jazz on what electricnightma said. And if you are over 13, go out to local pubs where they have a good live music scene. You can easily meet some musicians at places like that.

axemanchris
12-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Jam nights are good, yes.

Musicians are notoriously broke, so keep digging for on-line sources. On-line advertising, music-related sites geared more towards your specific community/region, whatever.

Also, local entertainment magazines - especially those geared towards alternative/youth culture - are often read by musicians. Place an ad there if none of the above pan out.

CT