Tab rejection problems... again!

PDA

View Full Version : Tab rejection problems... again!

Lukige
12-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Hi there. I've had this problem before when I've took a very long time to make a tab which I'm certain is 10x better than any other versions on the site; I submit the tab, it sits in the approval queue for a few hours, then with no votes it just gets rejected! I've put a lot of time and effort into making top notch tabs to share with the UGers and I'd really like that to happen. The tab I've been trying to submit is 'Lost' by 'Avenged Sevenfold'. Thanks for any help

buckethead_jr
12-28-2007, 10:35 AM
There's already a tab for 'Lost' with a 5-star rating.

There's no point in having multiple tabs for the same song if there's only slight changes to it.

Lukige
12-28-2007, 10:41 AM
I can tell you now that that tab is completely wrong! My tab hasn't got slight changes at all, I completely re-wrote it purely because I wanted to learn the song and that guy had tabbed it all wrong.

Craigo
12-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I've just looked myself. There's 7 tabs of it already with 2 tabs for the intro of it alone.

Why do we need another one?

EDIT: There are 6 of those tabs with bloody five star ratings by multiples of users. It's not gonna happen. Deal with it.

Lukige
12-28-2007, 10:45 AM
And they're all so wrong it hurts! I don't know which idiots rated those tabs but they're awful. They're out of key, missing huge parts, out of time and all around crap.

Craigo
12-28-2007, 10:47 AM
And they're all so wrong it hurts! I don't know which idiots rated those tabs but they're awful. They're out of key, missing huge parts, out of time and all around crap.
How can they be out of time?

If everyone who used the tabs are happy with them, let them be happy.

duncang
12-28-2007, 10:50 AM
If they were all rubbish they wouldn't have been rated 5 stars by multiple people, would they?

Lukige
12-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Out of time as in wrong note timings. And they could be happier. There's an absolute load of tabs just for one song with loads being 5 star but people still get their tabs accepted for another one, and generally they improve on the other so called 5 star ones by a fair amount. I don't see why my situation should be any different. But whatever I give up.

zapatista89
12-28-2007, 10:56 AM
hes right you know

Seth Shadows
12-28-2007, 02:01 PM
As being the top rated "Lost" tab artist, I can assure you. They're not "Out of Key", "Missing Huge Parts" or "Out Of Time".

Resubmit the tab And I'll look at it in the pre approval system and post my "crit" on it here.

Lukige
12-28-2007, 02:10 PM
The whole reason I did my tab was because your's isn't accurate Seth. No offence but it is out of key and there are many many wrong bits. The intro on your's is a good example. When the guitars start to do the little descending arpeggios they're out of key. The whole song's in D minor and some of your parts are blatently not, especially the solo.

frippogenics
12-28-2007, 02:19 PM
I too had a problem with tab rejection, I tried asking what was wrong in tab talk but I didn't get an answer, so let me try here.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NINEPENCE WORTH OF WALKING - Duncan Browne
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tabbed by: Steve Herrick
Email: sevenand7is27@hotmail.com

Tuning: E A D G B e

Capo 5th Fret

Monday tuesday wednesday thursday
Come the day when I will disappear
e|-----0------|-----0-----0|-----0------|-----0-----0|
B|-2-----2----|-3-----3----|-2-----2----|-3-----3----|
G|------------|---4-----4--|------------|---4-----4--|
D|-------2----|-------4----|-------2----|-------4----|
A|-0----------|-0----------|-0----------|-0----------|
E|------------|------------|------------|------------|

friday night
from site
e|-----0------|------------|-0----------|-0----0----|
B|-2-----2--0-|----0-----0-|-------0----|-----------|
G|------------|--1-----1---|-----1----1-|----1----1-|
D|-------2----|------1-----|-------1----|------1----|
A|-0----------|2-----------|-2----------|-2---------|
E|------------|------------|------------|-----------|

Goodbye's made easy said with sleepy eyes
Better a tear of truth than smiling lies
e|-0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0-----------------|
B|-2---2---3---3---2---2---3---3---2---2---3---3---2---2---3---3-----------------|
G|-1---1---2---2---1---1---2---2---1---1---2---2---1---1---2---2-----------------|
D|-0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0---0-----------------|
A|-2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2---2-----------------|
E|-0---0---2---2---0---0---2---2---0---0---2---2---0---0---2---2-----------------|

| / slide up
| \ slide down
| h hammer-on
| p pull-off
| ~ vibrato
| + harmonic
| x Mute note

Lyrics:

Monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday night,
Come the day when I will disappear from sight.
Goodbye's made easy said with sleepy eyes,
Better a tear of truth than smiling lies.

Summer, monday, when I met you I was real,
Now it's winter, friday, I no longer feel.
Will you remember me as just a friend?
Or see the start of spring and not the end.

If I didn't know you then I know you now,
And seeing doesn't last forever anyhow.
So hold me close and kiss me with a smile,
For I must leave you in a little while.

When you wake up monday morning, I'll be gone,
Leaving with you the news of immortal song.
If I stayed with you we would drift apart.
This way I'm always with you in your heart.

===============================================================================

Thats my exact submission, except they say for new artists to put their website in the tab. He doesn't have an official website, so I threw in his allmusic page at the bottom.

Seth Shadows
12-28-2007, 02:36 PM
EDIT: ^ Contact Dyuha.

The whole reason I did my tab was because your's isn't accurate Seth. No offence but it is out of key and there are many many wrong bits. The intro on your's is a good example. When the guitars start to do the little descending arpeggios they're out of key. The whole song's in D minor and some of your parts are blatently not, especially the solo.
............"Lost" is in F Major.....

Lukige
12-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Well... it contains the same accidentals as F Major, I just decided it sounded more of a minor song and therefore used D minor which is the same as F major, containing a Bb. But you may be right, thats only a trivial issue though.

Seth Shadows
12-28-2007, 02:50 PM
Actually Lukige, I've just seen your tab. But there's still alot of panning issues and such. And not to mention a few notes off here and there. Do you mind if we duo up on this through PM?

Because I'm going to be honest, there's alot I did improvise haha.

If not that's alright lol, I still accepted it to the archive

Lukige
12-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Check your inbox lol