Potential spyware?

PDA

View Full Version : Potential spyware?

Zeppelin256
12-31-2007, 12:36 AM
I'll just start by saying that this might be completely unrelated to UG but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

The other day I was looking through UG and kept getting popup ads from something called Internet Speed Monitor. It totally ****ed up my computer and it took forever to get back to normal. The popups were from IE though I use Firefox. I don't have any screenshots at the moment but it may be something worth looking into.

algemar
12-31-2007, 12:44 AM
were they from IE while you were using Firefox? If thats what you meant, and if so, then it means its no the site, but you have spyware on your computer.

I would download spydoctor, or adaware.

Just fyi, if you have a virus thats this serious, a complete wipe might be in your future.

Do you have anti-virus software already?

Guitarminator
12-31-2007, 06:01 AM
This is the one thing that bugs the hell out of me about this website. I use IE, and If I run adaware after using this site; every single time I do it, I have about 15 or so items to delete after the adaware scan. This site is the source of probably 80% of my spyware.

Brutal.

Maybe the site admins can do something about it. Or at least give an explanation about why their site is stacked to the rafters with spyware.