Making a CD?

PDA

View Full Version : Making a CD?

Descendent-182
01-01-2008, 06:45 PM
I'm making a Cd to hand out to some of my friends and family or whatever, and I was just wondering how to make like the actual artwork for the cd and stuff like that. :peace:

NSG
01-01-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm making a Cd to hand out to some of my friends and family or whatever, and I was just wondering how to make like the actual artwork for the cd and stuff like that. :peace:
Photoshop? Illustrator? In-design?

axemanchris
01-01-2008, 08:36 PM
yes to all of those. Also Corel Draw.

Look ahead to who is going to be doing your CD duplicating (if you are outsourcing it to professionals and not just burning off your own copies) and find out what their requirements are.

Here is the company who did ours. As you get towards the bottom of the page, they address all of their graphics criteria.

http://www.hypnoticduplication.com/

The good thing about going through a small business like this is that they can be VERY helpful when you're bashing your head against the wall trying to get the artwork just right for their requirements.

CT

godisasniper
01-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I got a friend to help me with photoshop, ended up looking awesome.

NSG
01-02-2008, 04:26 AM
What you do is use illustrator to get the design down, photoshop to perfect it/fill it in, then use In Design to design a lyric book/song list. Pretty easy once you have it down.

tubab0y
01-02-2008, 04:45 PM
GIMP? Every bit as good as photoshop and free, to boot.

Dunjma
01-04-2008, 06:11 AM
/\ plus 1 Gimp is value = to photoshop imo because its free.

OpposingForce
01-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Photoshop. Gimp is good if you don't have the money for photoshop but its nowhere near as good. You could definitely make something reasonable for an album cover in gimp though, don't get me wrong. However, you could also hire an artist from a place like deviantart to make you an album cover if you want some top grade results.