Kicking out a band member..

PDA

View Full Version : Kicking out a band member..

GravityRides
01-02-2008, 07:11 PM
Title says all..But whats the best way without hurting his feeling or taking it personally? Reasons why is because he wants to take over in making my band an emo lyric/punk band when we're completly different and the fact he has crap gear. And the fact he is using our band space to talk **** to other people we're associated with which is a bad thing for my drummer and I.

Suggestions?

Awaken
01-02-2008, 07:17 PM
is he a good friend ? if not just tell him straight up

Artemis Entreri
01-02-2008, 07:18 PM
+ 1 to awaken.

If he's a good friend it sucks. But if he isn't "sorry, different directions...bye bye"

kris323
01-02-2008, 07:19 PM
tell him straight. Dont b.s him. Its far more lame to find out your self rather than someone telling you. Have some one ready in mind to replace him. But dont actually have them come play till he is gone, and Dont try and butter it up if he is hurting your career then you shouldnt have to keep that. It shouldnt hurt his feelings too bad...

RedSox_o4
01-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Without hurting his feeling? Thats hardly any fun, but you have two options.
1. Your going a different direction than the band, and i think we need to go our seperate ways.
2. Man! your way to good for this band! I think we are holding you back man, so you should find a band more in tune with your skill level, i just hope we get there one day.
My way:
You suck balls and your gear is crap. your playing sounds like a lion trying to play a violin, get your **** and get the hell out of my site, before i beat your ass with you guitar!

xxthermadorrrxx
he's going to be disappointed either way so just get to the point i think.

Merge
He can't be that good of a friend if he's doing something like that. Call him up and tell him he's history.

linfield4466
01-02-2008, 07:21 PM
kill him

BobMarleysGhost
01-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Kick yourself and every other member of the band EXCEPT HIM out. Then steal the original band name and form completely new band.

EDIT: Isn't this pretty much what Axl Rose did? Except with himself...

Artemis Entreri
01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
kill him

ahahahaah

tr3nt
01-02-2008, 07:23 PM
call him up tell him that maybe this isn't what he should be doing, help him find other things that he can fill in with what hes loosing.

S-Gsus
01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Just be sure to change passwords etc. for your space... in case he's a prick and will still alk crap to people while impersonating you guys. Shouldn't be a problem if he's a mate tho

S-Gsus
01-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Kick yourself and every other member of the band EXCEPT HIM out. Then steal the original band name and form completely new band.

Haha I did this once. it works a charm

tripperkid
01-02-2008, 07:28 PM
kill him
thats funni sh**

the boogieman
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
yea dude, +1 to awaken's comment. be straight up and honest. the worst thing is trying to sugarcoat it. it just makes you look bad

the last band i was in with a supposed good friend who booked a gig on a day he knew i couldnt make and used it as an excuse to kick me out

We'realltoBlame
01-11-2008, 11:19 PM

EDIT: Isn't this pretty much what Axl Rose did? Except with himself...
Thing is Axl Rose is an asshole.

RedMoonMan
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
Haha I did this once. it works a charm
+1 i did it too best way to not hurt a good friends feelings i believe, just we didn't keep the same band name cause it sucked.