Blues Duels Round 1: Jordy-77 vs. aetherspear

PDA

View Full Version : Blues Duels Round 1: Jordy-77 vs. aetherspear

GD_GC
01-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Here we go, another installment of Round 1 of the Offical UG Blues Duels!

Round 1 is almost at a close, and then the real dueling shall begin, but first, we have another Round 1 pairing to take care of, and it should be quite the duel! This week it's Jordy-77 vs. aetherspear, both with some sweet blues in their UG Profiles. Good luck to both!

Jordy-77 "Blues Jam (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/jordy-77/)"

aetherspear "Stormy Monday (http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/aetherspear/)"

May the best bluesman win!

PS. Sorry for changing the pairings up, but this was the only possible duel since I have not recived entries from other contestants. When I get their entries, we will post their duels, with the new pairings. You can view the new pairings in the main Blues Duels #2 Thread.

:cheers:

theneildeal
01-06-2008, 12:58 PM
its a close one, but im going to vote for jordy.

ze monsta
01-06-2008, 01:00 PM
I don't like the idea of making it a competition, which is why i stay outta here, but I really liked aetherspear, so that's where my vote goes.

sre9981
01-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I really liked aetherspear's a lot too, so he gets my vote!

perry589
01-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I liked both of them, but aetherspear gets my vote.

JilaX^
01-06-2008, 01:28 PM
I gotta go for jordys.

They were both very good, but aetherspears was just too quiet and bassy for my tastes.

Blurry 505
01-06-2008, 01:58 PM
wow i just broke the 4 to 4 tie.. haha woohoo!

great songs both of you, but I had to go for aetherspear's
Stormy Monday is one of the ultimate songs in the world in my opinion.

Good job to both of you!

aetherspear
01-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I gotta go for jordys.

They were both very good, but aetherspears was just too quiet and bassy for my tastes.

Yeah I'm kinda pissed because when i mixed it a added a distressor to give it some vibe but it didnt really work out and i didn't have time to remix it or get rid of the effect. Jordy yours is really cool, the guitar settles in with the backing track really well.

GD_GC
01-06-2008, 03:00 PM
I actually enjoyed aetherspear's tone, my vote goes to him.

Nice job to both though!

:cheers:

Blutrot
01-06-2008, 03:47 PM
Where can I get the backing track to Jordy's blues jam? ^^
would be nice, thanks =)

btw jordy got my vote

Dimebag22
01-06-2008, 08:10 PM
Where can I get the backing track to Jordy's blues jam? ^^
would be nice, thanks =)

btw jordy got my vote
I used the same track in one of my jams on YouTube and I got it off of Guitarbt.com under jam tracks. It's in A btw.

Ribecco: I didn't mind that one of yours. You've improved a lot on your blues since me and you jammed last! Work on your bending though, it almost sounds ether sharp or flat of the note that you would want to hit. :) I didn't like how you tried to steal my opening lick off my YouTube jam! :mad:

:haha Just kidding bro. We should jam soon.

Aetherspear: I liked this a lot! Good job. I didn't really care for the tone too much but it was nice and mellow and it is a blues classic. My vote is going to you!

Sorry Jordy :p:

Good job both of you though :cheers:

nightraven
01-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Aetherspear gets my vote, great jam.

I wasn't a fan of the shredz0rz that Jordy did, and some of it wasn't particularly clean. But good job.

swinghead
01-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Congrats to both Aetherspear and Jordi-77, listening to your work was a pleasure. Im gonna vote for Aetherspear because in my opinion he has clearer sound and better technique. keep on... bluesing!

redneck516
01-09-2008, 12:45 AM
aetherspear was better in every way. drums sounded horrible though.

aetherspear
01-09-2008, 01:32 PM
aetherspear was better in every way. drums sounded horrible though.

I agree, just midi into a drum machine.

TheDev01dOne
01-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Aetherspear gets my vote but they're both super close, just been in a slow blues mood lately. If I was in a Gary Moore mood Jordy would've got the vote, really good recordings guys.

Ancient Jello
01-10-2008, 11:52 PM
If I was in a Gary Moore mood Jordy would've got the vote, really good recordings guys.

Ahh ... that must be why Jordy got my vote. :D I have just about worn out all my post-rock Gary Moore CDs the past few months, particularly 'Blues for Greeny'. :cool:

sam i am
01-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I voted for aetherspear, I liked the vibe better.

imgooley
01-12-2008, 11:12 PM
aetherspear, that was awe-freakin-some. That sir is the blues.

Dimebag22
01-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Ok, congrats aetherspear, you won!

And Jordy, good try my bro. :cheers:

Can a mod please close this? Thanks