This is getting stupid!

PDA

View Full Version : This is getting stupid!

Lukige
01-07-2008, 12:10 PM
OK, I've been on here recently to see why my tab wasn't getting accepted. There was no good reason. And now, with 8 positive votes and 1 negative, my Lost tab by Avenged Sevenfold has been denied again! Why? What's the point in the voting system if the votes don't even get considered!?

anodetodrivebys
01-07-2008, 12:16 PM
thats why i stopped submitting tabs

Teen Spirit
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
me too.

buckethead_jr
01-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Because there is already a good 5-star rated on in the archive and there's no need for another?

swinghead
01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
maybe we already have good tabs for that song? use search

Lukige
01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
Jesus I've been over this. Why would people vote for a tab unless it was better than the others? This system is appauling.

Teen Spirit
01-07-2008, 12:22 PM
exactly! i made all these perfect tabs, and once my tab got 10 votes yes and 1 rejecion, and it got rejected! but even if there is no rejection, it still gets rejected tho there's no five star tab for that song! i hate it!

BrianApocalypse
01-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Why not pretend that you're submitting a live version?

It's a great way to trick the UG staff, without, of course lying.

Most live performances are carbon copies of studio songs :)

Lemoninfluence
01-07-2008, 04:49 PM
People don't vote accept on a tab because it's better than the ones in the archive, they vote accept because they think it's a decent tab.

In your case, people may have thought it was a good tab but isn't there already a 5 star tab for that song?

the votes are used as a guidance. if there's 20 yes votes and there's no decent tab for it in the archive, chance are it'll be accepted.

frusciante_50
01-07-2008, 04:53 PM
this system is not apalling. Yes, people do take the other tabs on the site into account when voting, or I know I do. If they didnt, you would get hundreds of exactly the same tab

Lemoninfluence
01-07-2008, 04:58 PM
this system is not apalling. Yes, people do take the other tabs on the site into account when voting, or I know I do. If they didnt, you would get hundreds of exactly the same tab
it's still up to the staff to add them so you wouldn't get hundreds of the same tab.

Dinkydaisy
01-07-2008, 06:16 PM
What happens is the votes act as a guide, and then those in charge of the tabs (namely Dhuya) decides which ones are added and which are rejected. If there is already a perfectly good tab for the song, then chances are it won't be accepted, the voting just shows that the tab is correct. If there are many more rejects than accept votes, then the tab is much more likely to be ignored and not added.

It's not appalling at all, grow up. Why don't you look at it in the light that you obviously have some skill in tabbing, else you wouldn't get so many positive votes, but you're just not tabbing the songs that the site has more need of.

dandyhandy17
01-07-2008, 08:32 PM
boo hoo

Dyuha
01-11-2008, 08:14 AM
OK, I've been on here recently to see why my tab wasn't getting accepted. There was no good reason. And now, with 8 positive votes and 1 negative, my Lost tab by Avenged Sevenfold has been denied again! Why? What's the point in the voting system if the votes don't even get considered!?

I think your tab wasn't getting accepted because we already have 2 tabs with high rating that are more detailed than yours.

ComradeRose
02-05-2008, 09:29 AM
My tabs iv submitted wont get accepted. I always do it on a band that has not a single tab. I give the band website and a good tab in my opinion and it always get denied.. why is this?!

Dyuha
02-11-2008, 06:11 AM
My tabs iv submitted wont get accepted. I always do it on a band that has not a single tab. I give the band website and a good tab in my opinion and it always get denied.. why is this?!

any examples?