Robert Jr. lockwood

PDA

View Full Version : Robert Jr. lockwood

Jimmypage95
01-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I had just recently bought the crossroads CD and I saw this guy Robert lockwood.

Can anybody give me some info on this guy cause he has a great tone.

matalliam
01-07-2008, 06:05 PM
aha he has the same second name as me , i know this has nothing to do with this but XD

wikipedia???

opivy21
01-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I got a book from my dad called Deep Blues by Robert Palmer which is a great history of the blues, and it has quite a bit about Lockwood. I can't remember any specific info myself, but you should check it out.

C_Miller
01-08-2008, 01:43 AM
He was taught personally to play guitar by Robert Johnson. Johnson was somewhat of a surrogate father to him... or I could be completely wrong and thinking of someone else.

opivy21
01-08-2008, 08:37 AM
No, I believe that's correct.

aetherspear
01-08-2008, 12:34 PM
He died in '07, and he was 91 i think. He made some great stuff.

ze monsta
01-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Robert Johnson was dating his mum, and she was giving him a place to stay.
He was called Robert Lockwood jr. becuase of his real father, but pretty soon he was Robert Jr. because of Johnson. He used to call Robert Johnson his stepdaddy, which is prety damn cool :P: .
Johnson taught him for about 4 or 5 years, but Lockwood wasn't much younger than him.

SuburbanCowboy
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM
^^ Robert Johnson dated his first cousin, I believe. That's what Lockwood said on the first Crossroads DVD.

shark38j
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
He lived in Cleveland for a good portion of his life. He had weekly show at Fat Fish Blue every Wednsday til' the day he died. He died last year and they dedicated the stage to him. His band still plays there every Week. I know they have his cds at Barnes and Nobles here, I'm not sure is they have them around the country though.

aetherspear
01-08-2008, 06:02 PM
^^ Robert Johnson dated his first cousin, I believe. That's what Lockwood said on the first Crossroads DVD.

I thought Honeyboy Edwards said that, not Lockwood.

C_Miller
01-08-2008, 11:28 PM
He lived in Cleveland for a good portion of his life. He had weekly show at Fat Fish Blue every Wednsday til' the day he died. He died last year and they dedicated the stage to him. His band still plays there every Week. I know they have his cds at Barnes and Nobles here, I'm not sure is they have them around the country though.

I'm surethey would. He's pretty big in the Blues world. Sure, he's not as big as Robert Johnson, Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Son House or John Lee Hooker, but still pretty big.

ze monsta
01-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Nope, Johnson dated Lockwood's mum, or she used to put him up.

SuburbanCowboy
01-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I thought Honeyboy Edwards said that, not Lockwood.

Right you are. Got em mixed up..