Jim Morrison

PDA

View Full Version : Jim Morrison

Mikeizzle
01-08-2008, 03:35 PM
I am a new found lover of The Doors. Ive been reading things about them, and Ive come across things about Jim Morrison's death such as:

1. He faked his death and escaped to Africa
2. The French government killed him for being a revolutionist
3. His ghost has been seen near his gravesite

what does UG think?

fafinaf
01-08-2008, 03:37 PM
I think thats dumb

Tazeyo
01-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Never heard the 2nd one. Haha.

rojomeansred
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Some people say Pam killed him. Who knows.

Check out the Jim Morrison bible, that's not what it's called but it's around $40 and has some really interesting stuff in their.

rosamamosa
01-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Part of his appeal is the mystery that surrounds him.

I am the Drake
01-20-2008, 11:52 AM
One overrated mother ****er. I hate Jim Morrison. Don't argue with me either. No one can change the way I think. :)

rojomeansred
01-20-2008, 12:41 PM
One overrated mother ****er. I hate Jim Morrison. Don't argue with me either. No one can change the way I think. :)

I bet the only reason you hate him, is because everyone loves him. That's a terrible reason to hate.

Damascus
01-20-2008, 12:48 PM

Wouldn't dream of it. Have fundamentally unchangable opinions is the true route to perfect understanding of the world and profound self-knowledge. :rolleyes:

1. He faked his death and escaped to Africa
2. The French government killed him for being a revolutionist
3. His ghost has been seen near his gravesite

Thing is, there's no proof. All the rumours and speculation are just that.

FreeManson15
01-21-2008, 12:34 PM
It doesnt matter, think about how much drugs and drinking he was doing/would be doing, he would be dead by now anyway unless he mysteriously went clean.

Beakwithteeth
01-21-2008, 06:40 PM
it's all true

Damascus
01-22-2008, 03:42 PM
A statement as open to interpretation it is short.

It could be argued that emotional/psychological problems and substence abuse provide a perfect cover to kill someone/fake a death, and you'd be right, but there's still no significant reason to think that Jim Morrison didn't just die.

Instead of chasing shadows that no biographer, friend, family (or band) member has managed to uncover, you should probably just search for more Doors music, more of Jim's poetry etc...

jpate770
01-22-2008, 03:47 PM
If you type Jim Morrison Alive in Google images it'll show some wierd guy that would might slightly resemble him if he were alive now, and have a webpage by some guy that claims to have discovered Jim Morrison alive and well. It's most certainly bull****, but still amusing

Damascus
01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
How ironic that someone with that avatar should talk of bull**** :p:.

Most people think the musician Jim Morrison, lead singer for the Doors, died in Paris on July 3, 1971. But Gerald Pitts says that he "discovered Jim Morrison Living on a Ranch in the Pacific Northwest in the summer of 1998." According to him, Morrison is living a quiet life as an American cowboy "away from the Hollywood scene." Even though Morrison evidently engineered an elaborate death hoax to escape publicity, he agreed to appear on film for Pitts. You can buy a copy of this film for only $24.95 (shipping is extra). Pitts' site includes a video comparing the features of Jim Morrison the fifty-something cowboy to Jim Morrison the twenty-something singer. However, no matter how many times I watch the video, I just don't see any similarity.

No more need be said.

stigmeister2win
01-23-2008, 07:31 AM
lol i think this thread is lame, jim was the greatest dont make fun of him man..

nirvanafan22067
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
i just speculating but i do think that he diddnt die in 72 but is probably dead now from all the stuff he did in his 20s also i love the doors

APillowofWinds
01-23-2008, 10:51 PM
#2 is strange ive never heard of that but I thought Jim Morrison was great especially as a performer and singer in general. He wasnt the best lyricist but he definately had some great pieces. He was an amazing entertainer though and his voice was perfect for The Doors.

SKW61071
01-24-2008, 01:10 AM
i just speculating but i do think that he diddnt die in 72 but is probably dead now from all the stuff he did in his 20s also i love the doors
i partially agree i don't think he died in 72 buy i also don't think he's dead i think he is living in Paris writing poetry under a suedo-name and living the life he wanted to live because he truly never wanted any of the fame and fortune that people stuck him with

Santeria420
01-24-2008, 03:00 AM
The Jim Morrison: Alive or dead? discussion has been going on since before some of us were even born, to me its kind of boring. Though I have to admit, when I came on to this site I had ever intention of proposing the issue for conversation when I came across this very living thread discussing the very thing I meant to discuss. Coincidence or not, its always fun when things happen like that.

My opinion? He was a god and he never really died. Sure, his body is decayed, but he was much more than flesh and bone. We all are, but immortality is granted only to those who are aware of it.

So here is a wildly different topic: Was Morrison a pedophile?

Don't mistake my intentions, I worship the guy, discovering The Doors was almost synonymous with discovering myself in terms of my development. But I can't shake this thing this drunk arse was trying to indoctrinate me with the other night. His stated source is lost on me now because I was pretty drunk myself, but he said he read somewhere that Morrison used to get caught, fairly regularly it was indicated, with underaged girls (we're talking 16 years here).

So show me the way to the next little girl? I've also read from dubious sources that Morrison wrote stories about, amongst other things, pedophilia. I want to believe in the man that changed my way of life and way of thinking but I need to be sure that this guy is full of ****.

Damascus
01-24-2008, 11:47 AM
i partially agree i don't think he died in 72 buy i also don't think he's dead i think he is living in Paris writing poetry under a suedo-name and living the life he wanted to live because he truly never wanted any of the fame and fortune that people stuck him with

I'm definitely not going to believe a conspiricy theory with virtually no evidence going for it if the person expounding it can't capatilise letters, use full stops or other punctuation, or spell 'pseudo'.

So here is a wildly different topic: Was Morrison a pedophile?

One of the biographies definitely says Morrison had a few encounters with underage girls - I can't remember if they specifically said that any of them went as far as sex, but I can remember one incident where he had a driver pull a car over so he could kiss this 'beautiful girl' he saw on the street - she turned out to be 14.

However, does it really matter? Once someone gets far enough into puberty, they're physically ready for any level of sexual contact - so there's nothing wrong with it so long as they feel emotionally comfortable. Girls [edit - and blokes] can easily be physically ready as young as 14 or 16. I'm not saying you should try and sleep with 16-year-old girls if you're 25 (which Morrison, roughly, would have been at the time, if he did), because there's a good chance that they only think they're emotionally ready for sex, but I am pointing out that ages of consent are very, very arbitrary.

Mongoose87
01-24-2008, 03:50 PM
I think it would shock or at least surprise many people how many rock stars probably had sex with underage girls. I mean, what age do you expect to have the time and lack of self-esteem to be throwing themselves at rock stars in droves?

SKW61071
01-30-2008, 10:42 PM
[QUOTE=Damascus]I'm definitely not going to believe a conspiricy theory with virtually no evidence going for it if the person expounding it can't capatilise letters, use full stops or other punctuation, or spell 'pseudo'.

How this? I'm now using capital letters, I'm taking full stops, and I do have reasons for believing that he still lives in Paris and it's not a conspiracy theory. He had a closed casket funeral, the doctor who signed his death certificate could never be found again, there was no autopsy and every time they asked Pam about his death her story was different.

Damascus
01-31-2008, 08:52 AM
Alright, I didn't spell 'conspiracy' right, but before you get viciously pedantic, make sure you have "How's" instead of "How", don't use commas followed by "and" and make sure you have "that" between "and" and "it's". I'm not bothered about small mistakes, but posts where people make no effort to be clear annoy me. We're both making effort now, so I'll overlook typos if you will ;).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Morrison#Death is what I'm working from right now, as the biography I have (not that I'd trust it much further than I could throw it) isn't to hand.

He had a closed casket funeral

This is hardly unusual.

the doctor who signed his death certificate could never be found again

...and? Who went looking for him and what did they find? Another cover-up of his identity, or just the fact that no-one at the scene recorded this detail? None of the people who knew him would have been in much state to bother with it, I'd imagine. It certainly wouldn't be the first thing on my mind if a loved one died.

there was no autopsy

"Pursuant to French law, no autopsy was performed because the medical examiner claimed to have found no evidence of foul play."

The lack of autopsy is practically a fact against the theory that he still lives.

and every time they asked Pam about his death her story was different.

I think you exaggerate here. Wiki only mentions three broad stories and (though I imagine there could well be a few more) I'm sure she was asked more than three times. Note, however, that she still always talks of his death. The confusion surrounding it lends a respectable slant to any theory that disputes any of the proposed causes of death, but there really is no good reason to believe he is still alive - it's wishful thinking constructed out of very, very flimsy circumstantial evidence.

bleachrocks
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
saw the title and immediatly clicked. doors rock!! :D

bleachrocks
02-01-2008, 12:38 AM
howd he die ?

Phillipa C.
02-02-2008, 05:49 PM
he died from snorting heroin, mistakingly thinking it was coke

it's pretty common knowledge these days

Pam was a heroin user, she paid a doctor to say it was 'a heart attack'. then overdosed herself not long after

fail
02-02-2008, 06:05 PM
myspace anyone?

Froddy
02-03-2008, 08:29 AM
When the fuck are you fucking morons going to learn how to use English properly and/or type properly? It pisses me off so much when you're trying to read a thread and you get stupid fucking arseholes like you 2 writing non-sensical arguments, writing as if you are 2 years of age. If you are then fair enough but I severely doubt that. Is it so hard to type properly? It's not even as if your English is correct but your typing wrong, you both type like complete and utter retards. Learn. [/rant]

I've recently started getting into The Doors myself and have read about the death conspiracies and whatnot on Wikipedia, however I think it's probably all just speculation - these stories appear when there's any high profile death.

SKW61071
03-23-2008, 09:38 PM
Dude, he and I are friends, and we aren't arguing we're giving our opinions, and if you don't want to get over that go to another frickin forum where all you english teacher kiss-ups can talk about congregating your verbs or something gay like that excuse the language.

Froddy
03-24-2008, 04:47 PM
Says you, knit-picking over what is arguing and what isn't? I wasn't talking about arguing against each other, if you re-read I was obviously talking about your post as a point you were making.

"Argument - a fact or assertion offered as evidence that something is true".

Stupid dolt.

Jeez, I forgot I'd even been to this thread, I just popped in to read it and found out I'd posted here.

And I'd rather stay here, thankyou. However when it's actually hard to follow what you're saying because your English is so pathetic, do you not think it's you who needs to fuck off?

Anyway, enough spam for this thread, I'm done arguing with you and bringing myself (almost) down to your level.

The reason I did pop in here anyway is because I've recently been getting into The Doors and have to say, I'd heard Morrison was a good frontman obviously - however I never realised he was as good as he was. I mean, some of his stage performances were amazing.

deviousducky
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
none of those are right... he died from too much drugs and alcohol

edit: watch the doors movie. it'll help a bit. its not all true but most if it anyways.
its good!

sammymaine
06-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Is Everybody In? Who By Fire Project Perception Launch Night

Project Perception/Who By Fire Launch Party
3rd July 2011

Meet Us 5pm and be transported to the other side!

The 3rd July 2011 marks the 40th Anniversary of Jim Morrisons death. To celebrate one of the 20th Centurys most memorable icons, Who by Fire will launch Project Perception to the public.

The launch party will start with a whispered vigil at William Blakes graveside in Bunhill Fields. Guests, friends and fans are invited to join the unknown soldiers, hitchhikers, beatniks and hippies at Blake's final resting place. From there we will transport you to a secret location where you'll come to a door and be asked to step through to the other side and glimpse the infinite possibilities.

Join us as our Break on Through - In Search of the Next Whiskey Band finalists battle it out for a headlining spot in our Whiskey GoGo at our main event.Visit Andy Warhol and speak to God on a his Golden telephone, chill on Venice Beach', and find out what lies behind the doors of perception .

Come with us, break on through, and live the music!

FOR MORE INFO VISIT: www.whobyfire.com
or
TO BUY TICKETS GO TO: http://whobyfirelaunch.eventbrite.com