"There is a time" Guitar Chords anyone?

PDA

View Full Version : "There is a time" Guitar Chords anyone?

visio
01-08-2008, 04:08 PM
I am looking for Guitar Chords for the song "there is a time" - It was on Dillards CD "There is a time". Here is a clip of the song in case you need to refresh your memory:

http://mfile3.akamai.com/14123/wm2/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/uswm2/_!/133/97133_1_13.asx?auth=daEcHaTdRaXa9czdIbpa6d2djcHdwdmbndm-bhG9DW-Ci-ddfef&aifp=1234&obj=v70615

If anyone can help me locate these i'd appreciate it... also I don't want just tabs... I am not very good at tabs at the moment, I prefer chords... I can pick them apart however I want it to sound :rolleyes: :p:

Thanks guys!

visio
01-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I guess it isn't as popular as it once was :p:

visio
01-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Well if anyone knows of a song book it is in could you let me know... I looked but so far can't even find a song book with it.

guthriesdog
01-12-2008, 05:38 AM
I think they do it in Bm...
so Bm, D, Bm, D, Bm, Em, A7, Bm
I moveit to Am because it's easier ;)

There is a Time

There is a time for love and laughter,
The days will pass like summer storms;
The winter winds will follow after,
But there is love and love is warm.
Chorus:
There is a time for us to wander,
When time is young and so are we;
The woods are greener over yonder;
The path is new and the world is free.

There is a time when leaves are fallin',
The woods are gray, the paths are old;
The snow will come when geese are calling',
You need a fire against the cold.
Chorus
So do your roamin' in the springtime,
You'll find your love and a summer sun;
The frost will come and bring a harvest,
And you can rest when the day is done.
Chorus

couloir98
01-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Just watched you tube of There is a Time. Lovely song. I did a bunch of Am, then back and forth C and Am, then quick G, Em, back to Am.

reson8
01-19-2009, 12:13 PM
After listening to the Dillards' performances on YouTube, I'm pretty sure that the chords for the last line ("...the path is new, the world is free") are all minor chords. So if playing Bm D Bm D Bm for the first 3 lines, the last line is Em F#m Bm. If you choose to play Am C Am C Am, then it goes Dm Em Am. The minor chords give an air of mystery to this beautiful circle of life song.

blackjack68
08-14-2009, 04:39 PM
It's not the right key for the Darlin video, but the progression itself that I use is right.

Am C and then G Em on the end

I just love that song.

couloir98
12-20-2009, 01:15 AM
reson8,
Thanks for the help with the minor chords. If I try to sing(ugh), the am c progression works better and the dm em am finish is quite nice. Dave