The UG Blues Album

PDA

View Full Version : The UG Blues Album

Pages : [1] 2 3

theneildeal
01-08-2008, 04:53 PM
There are a lot of good blues guitarists on UG, so i think that we should make an album of songs that we record. I know that quite a few people missed out of the blues duel, so you can get a song on this if you're up it! Basically, lets just show the rest of UG what we can do!

There aren't really many rules:

Obviously it must be blues;
Any style of blues is fine, ranging from Robert Johnson to John Mayer and everything in between;
Lyrics are fine;
Instrumentals are fine;
One song per person, unless you record something that's really good. If so, 2 songs max;
Collaborations are fine, and are exempt from the above rule.

The album would be awesome if we had at least 10 different guitarists, so the album would have 10+ songs.

Album Completed

Congratulations to everyone involved in this project, because the album is great!

1. Eric Nikolaides - Blues Jam
2. Sam Parker - Desolation Blues
3. Soapbox Kings - Struttin' Busted
4. James Hayes - Shine On Blues
5. The Liquid Blues Band - Call It Stormy Monday
6. Kris Moore - Lone Gone Blues
7. The Devoid One - Grey Sky Blues
8. Eric Nikolaides - Little Wing Acoustic
9. Ian Schober - Blues In E
10. The Devoid One - Crawlin Kingsnake
11. Amos Helvey - Rollin' & Tumblin'
12. The Liquid Blues Band - Gone Forever
13. Sam Parker - Playground Blues
14. Max Korlinge - Joyous Blues
15. Kevin Saucier - Workin'
16. Neil Flynn - Lenny
17. James Hayes - Stormy Monday

Download the album here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S500NO6S

gopherthegreat
01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
im not good enough to be on that sort of thing, but its a cool idea.

theneildeal
01-08-2008, 05:20 PM
sure you are! you should give it a go! you could tell everyone that you're on an album!

gopherthegreat
01-08-2008, 05:21 PM
sure you are! you should give it a go! you could tell everyone that you're on an album!
pfft. you haven't heard mah recording. ( :mad: damn computer still :mad: wont play it :mad: )

theneildeal
01-08-2008, 05:24 PM
fine. let me hear one of your recordings, and then ill make the judgement! :p:

aetherspear
01-08-2008, 05:47 PM
I'd really like to do it. I'd probably do a revised and rerecorded version of Stormy Monday, since I actually know the lyrics to it. I'd also maybe like to do a collaboration with someone, if anyone wants to just let me know. This sounds like a really good idea.

theneildeal
01-08-2008, 05:49 PM
nice one mate.

it would be cool to get that red house jam on as well!

PitLurker
01-09-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm up for it. Are covers allowed?

Dimebag22
01-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Damn right man! Fucking good idea! I need to get some good recording thing though!
I'm in.

theneildeal
01-09-2008, 06:34 AM
nice one Pitlurker & Dimebag. Yeah covers are allowed

sre9981
01-09-2008, 03:19 PM
I'll give it a shot, but I have no idea if it'll be good enough, but we'll see. I won't be able to do a recording until at least the 15th tho, but i don't think that'll matter too much :)

theneildeal
01-09-2008, 04:18 PM
nice one mate. ive got exams until the 16th, and partying from the 16th until the 24th, so you'll have recorded a song before me!

The album is supposed to showcase the talents of the blues and jazz regulars, not just a couple of amazing guitarists! Its not about being good enough or not, although if im on the album, im sure that you'll be good enough!

Beakwithteeth
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
I could do this. I have an alright original song I think. The solo part is kinda crap cuz the whole song is me trying to play delta blues which I can't really do, but I could record it this week and you could approve it or disapprove it cuz it wouldn't really hurt my feelings.

EDIT: actually I don't think it is crap it just isn't very technical at all.

JilaX^
01-10-2008, 05:11 AM
Hmm, I would to participate in this, but I'm not really good enough, or have any decent recording equipment.

Sleepn_Giant
01-10-2008, 06:12 AM
Could I do a Jazz/Blues song? Examples: "D-Natural Blues" - Wes Montgomery, "Freddie Freeloader" - Miles Davis, etc.

I just like to play that style of blues :).

Dimebag22
01-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Could I do a Jazz/Blues song? Examples: "D-Natural Blues" - Wes Montgomery, "Freddie Freeloader" - Miles Davis, etc.

I'm sure that you can. It would be good to see some Jazz in here too because we are having a Blues Duel so can we incorporate Jazz into this? After all, this is Blues and Jazz

Roll251
01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Throw me on the list. My tune's called "Workin."

theneildeal
01-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I could do this. I have an alright original song I think. The solo part is kinda crap cuz the whole song is me trying to play delta blues which I can't really do, but I could record it this week and you could approve it or disapprove it cuz it wouldn't really hurt my feelings.

EDIT: actually I don't think it is crap it just isn't very technical at all.

Its sounds good because it would be great to have a range of blues sub genres on the album. Delta blues is difficult, so id be impressed if you pull it off! you're in

Hmm, I would to participate in this, but I'm not really good enough, or have any decent recording equipment.

i heard your blues duel entry. you're in!

As a jazz fan, how could i say no?! you're in

I'm sure that you can. It would be good to see some Jazz in here too because we are having a Blues Duel so can we incorporate Jazz into this? After all, this is Blues and Jazz

i couldn't agree more!

Throw me on the list. My tune's called "Workin."

i remember listening to that song a few months ago. its great! you're in

Roll251
01-10-2008, 01:40 PM
Thank you, sir.

theneildeal
01-10-2008, 08:14 PM
i think that if we could get about 15 songs, it would be great. only 6 to go! But if we get to 15, you can still sign up!

Does anyone have any collaboration ideas?

Beakwithteeth
01-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Hey I never said I pulled it off. I don't know if I'll really end up doin' the song I was talking about 'cuz it is probably just watered down delta blues, idk, I will try to enter something for it. Some country-clues or something. Don't get way too much faith in me though... :(

EDIT: I called up my bassist (Some of you may know him as Collinplaysbass) and we'll do some kinda acoustic blues recording this weekend. Sorry for getting anyones delta hopes up, I realized I was writing a check I couldn't cash...

PitLurker
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I would love to do "Crow Jane" or "John the Revelator" but I'm not even sure if I can record anything at the moment :(

speckley
01-10-2008, 10:44 PM
This sounds really cool!!

TheDev01dOne
01-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Wow I'm so in! Does it have to be amazing quality though? And how long do we have to do it?

I play in a session on monday nights and just wrote a sweet (If I do say so myself) blues song, so once the dudes there get the hang of it (AKA in 2 weeks, they're all amazing the bastards) I can take in this Zoom H4 thing I have and record it live from there but it might not be amazing quality but the playing will be good except maybe my solos and singing Lol. All acoustic instruments and I suck at soloing on acoustic.

Is that cool? 'Cos I would love to do this.

EDIT: My song will be 'Grey Sky Blues' by the way.

theneildeal
01-11-2008, 02:11 PM
Nice one. Im just going to use audacity and ill record an acoustic Clapton song, maybe Old Love. If you can get the same quality as "We'll Make This Work" in my profile, that would be good, but if you can't get it as good, send me the song, and ill see how the quality is. As long as its audible, it'll be fine!

You've got loads of time to do it. Ive got exams at the moment, so i won't be able to record anything for a week or so. Ideally, i'd like the album done by the end of February, but i can be lenient!

Speckley, are you in?

TheDev01dOne
01-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Okay sweet it will be audible just not pro recording quality. Can't wait for this now, should be really cool to see what all the songs turn out like.

theneildeal
01-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Don't worry about it not being pro recording quality. In reality, how many people on here have pro recording quality?! Also, i don't want to put people off if they don't have good recording programs. Unless the quality is atrocious, it can be on the album.

Im really looking forward to seeing how this turns out! It must be the first time that this kind of thing has happened on UG, because this sub forum is one of the smallest.

Blurry 505
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm down, but I don't have a song ready right now. So it'll take me awhile to get somethin worthwhile up. Save me a space though please! I'll see if I can get it done in a decent amount of time

TheDev01dOne
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
Yeah this sub-forum is the coolest. Just proves how chilled blues is that everyone is laid back and friendly in here compared to all the anal metallers who take every band so seriously!

I like that we have our own little community in here doing cool **** together!

WhatUp88
01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
I promise i'll get some recordings up soon. I need to get a new comp. and i'm doing that probably tomorrow.

theneildeal
01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
nice one you two. don't worry about getting the songs done right away.

Im going to attempt Robert Johnson's Me and the Devil Blues. If i like my recording, ill post it on UG, and you can tell me what you think!

aetherspear
01-11-2008, 06:01 PM
If people are worried about their recording quality, I'd be up for mixing at least some of them. I have the time, and if you guys just record them decently I could probably make them sound pretty good. Just let me know if you want me to, I'd just really like to see this album made.

theneildeal
01-11-2008, 06:16 PM
nice one mate

JilaX^
01-11-2008, 06:25 PM
Well Neil, you got me over ;)

I'll do a Layla acoustic cover with the vocalist from my band singing. It'll be different from the Unplugged version tho, as I'll be doing some electric leads in there aswell...

However, the recording quality is terrible. I'll have to do it through my Mp3 player :sad:

theneildeal
01-11-2008, 07:01 PM
awesome mate. i can't wait to hear it!

tusen takk!

Beakwithteeth
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Man this is gonna be awesome.

GD_GC
01-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Sign me up, dawg. I'll get a new song together.

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 08:01 AM
Nice one GD.

Will it be ok if we put the UG Blues Jam on this as well??

GD_GC
01-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Yeah, if it is finished in time

:cheers:

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 09:58 AM
cheers mate. i reckon that it would be amazing to have it as the last song on the album!

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 01:27 PM
there are still places available if anyone new wants to sign up. also, if people want to submit more than one song, tell me so that i can put you on the list again

d_byrne23
01-12-2008, 01:42 PM
put me down, im into a lot of modern blues, but Ill probly do something slow by one of the kings

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 01:43 PM
nice one mate

TheDev01dOne
01-12-2008, 01:49 PM
I'm trying to learn Death Letter Blues by Son House, if I can get that sounding kinda decent by the time this is done and there's still space then it could be used possibly. Don't put me up twice though, just if there is nothing else to put on at the end.

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Nice one mate. i can't wait to hear it! it will be good to start getting a few songs for this by next weekend, but i know that people are a bit busy. im going to try finish mine by next weekend.

Fongie
01-12-2008, 01:52 PM
there are still places available if anyone new wants to sign up. also, if people want to submit more than one song, tell me so that i can put you on the list again

Not sure I qualify here, but It'd be cool to be on it... I'd submit "Joyous Blues" from my myspace, but with a new solo guitar track (I hope it's OK to have a harmonica solo in the song)! So, I should actually have it done by later tonight, and then I'll edit this post :)

Edit. Actually, screw the new solo. I'll submit it as it is, if you'll have it

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 08:11 PM
yeah mate, this sounds awesome. there is no "guitar-only" restriction, so yeah you're allowed a harmonica.

you're on the album!

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 08:14 PM
this album is looking awesome! it could be completed within a week or so!

theneildeal
01-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Once everyone knows what they will record and submit, could you tell me, so that i can put it on the front page. This is because we don't want people doing the same song.

Beakwithteeth
01-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Me and my bassist think we're going to do "Samson and Delilah" (AKA If I Had My Way) by Reverend Gary Davis/ Blind Willie Johnson. Not 100% sure though. I hope that's OK that song is more of a folk song than a blues song. (actually I dont really wanna do it so we might do something else.) Or we could do that AND I could do another song by myself and the one we do could be a collaboration between Beakwithteeth and Collinplaysbass even though he isnt a regular of this forum.

Carswell98
01-13-2008, 02:26 AM
haha, this is an interesting concept, can I buy a copy? :p:

Sleepn_Giant
01-13-2008, 05:37 AM
Don't count on me too much... I'm still working out how I am going to record this, what song to play, and how to play it (in other words, size of band and what instruments)... So we'll see what happens :)

theneildeal
01-13-2008, 06:07 AM
is anyone interested in doing a collaboration of old love, in a similar style to john mayer and brad paisley's version on cmt crossroads, or any other version for that matter!? ill sing some of it and play rhythm, but i can't really solo on an acoustic that well.

Roll251
01-13-2008, 12:41 PM
is anyone interested in doing a collaboration of old love, in a similar style to john mayer and brad paisley's version on cmt crossroads, or any other version for that matter!? ill sing some of it and play rhythm, but i can't really solo on an acoustic that well.

I'll play on it. How would we do this?

theneildeal
01-13-2008, 03:54 PM
i could record the rhythm and vocals, and send the audacity file to you, and you could record the lead over it. Ive never done this kind of thing before, so i guess that its as simple as that!

theneildeal
01-13-2008, 07:15 PM
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ug_blues_album/

here's the official group of the ug blues album

join join join!

TheDev01dOne
01-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Completely unrelated but have you guys seen the video of clapton and robert cray doing old love on some TV show or something, it owns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBilW9cPfDA

I like his purple suit.. Anyway.. off to join the group!

theneildeal
01-13-2008, 07:41 PM
must......study......can't........watch.......videos.......... ah damn it, you've tempted me!

TheDev01dOne
01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
That is study, can't study anything much better than Robert Cray improving solos.

theneildeal
01-13-2008, 07:48 PM
i agree...............but my econometrics lecturer won't!

Roll251
01-13-2008, 10:39 PM
I'd be cool with that neil.

d_byrne23
01-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Ill have my piece done pretty soon, Ive got a new semi hollow im trying to get used to and i find a strat might be what I need for my style of playing (modern blues)...ill keep workin with this guitar but with school and everything im thinkin 1.5-2.5 weeks until I can get a final version up, i work the next 3 days but then have 4 off, so between school and guitar ill try to get something down...

btw this album is just a great idea, i get lazy with the guitar but I always want to learn, its opening my eyes to something new, glad to see so many blues and jazz guys around :cheers:

sam i am
01-14-2008, 01:26 PM
I have a slide guitar peice in the pipeline... I plan to use it on my next blues duel so it might not be up until then, but if you want it.....

A couple of other peices already up:

Also I have a jazz peice ("The Blue Bus Tune") and another blues peice ("Desolation Blues"). The latter isn't that great but you might wanna check it out anyway.

I'll leave it up to you which one you want to use.

theneildeal
01-14-2008, 06:46 PM
roll251, how do you want to do the collaboration. i think that i should record the rhythm and sing the first verse an chorus. you're a good singer, so do you want to sing the second verse and chorus? also, i will give you a certain amount of bars to solo in, which will be up to you, and then we can both sing the final chorus. is that ok?

if so, ill start recording my bit this week, and then ill send you the audacity file.

theneildeal
01-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Ill have my piece done pretty soon, Ive got a new semi hollow im trying to get used to and i find a strat might be what I need for my style of playing (modern blues)...ill keep workin with this guitar but with school and everything im thinkin 1.5-2.5 weeks until I can get a final version up, i work the next 3 days but then have 4 off, so between school and guitar ill try to get something down...

btw this album is just a great idea, i get lazy with the guitar but I always want to learn, its opening my eyes to something new, glad to see so many blues and jazz guys around :cheers:

nice one mate. what song are you planning to do?

theneildeal
01-14-2008, 06:55 PM
haha, this is an interesting concept, can I buy a copy? :p:

its going to be like the radiohead album. you can pay what you want for it, ranging from free-whatever!

if you want to pay for it, pm me your bank account number, card type, sort code, security code, and expiry date.

i promise that i won't use it for financing my fashion expenses..... :D

theneildeal
01-14-2008, 06:57 PM
I have a slide guitar peice in the pipeline... I plan to use it on my next blues duel so it might not be up until then, but if you want it.....

A couple of other peices already up:

Also I have a jazz peice ("The Blue Bus Tune") and another blues peice ("Desolation Blues"). The latter isn't that great but you might wanna check it out anyway.

I'll leave it up to you which one you want to use.

desolation blues is awesome! we could put the slide piece you're doing on if you want as well.

TheDev01dOne
01-14-2008, 08:16 PM
How about people can have it for a donation to some sort of charity? doesn't have to be huge, a dollar or two? I'd be willing to donate some money to charity for it..

Dunno how we would go about getting the donations or wht chrity they'd go to but it seems like a good idea to me?

PitLurker
01-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Charity is fine with me (considering I get a song up).

Dimebag22
01-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I really like the Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund (I think that's what it's called) Anyways, even if you don't live in Canada I think that it is a really good cause and would fit the Blues Album..

Roll251
01-14-2008, 10:37 PM
roll251, how do you want to do the collaboration. i think that i should record the rhythm and sing the first verse an chorus. you're a good singer, so do you want to sing the second verse and chorus? also, i will give you a certain amount of bars to solo in, which will be up to you, and then we can both sing the final chorus. is that ok?

if so, ill start recording my bit this week, and then ill send you the audacity file.

First off, thanks for the compliment, and also, that all sounds good.

theneildeal
01-15-2008, 08:14 AM
sorted. i think that ill start recording either tomorrow or thursday. how many bars do you want to solo? clapton uses 24 bars for the guitar solo in unplugged, so shall i give you the same?

by the way, on the unplugged album, there is a piano solo in old love, which means that there could be room for a second guitar solo in our recording if anyone wants to do that. It would have to be acoustic, and you will need audacity to do this, but speak up if you're interested.

Roll251
01-15-2008, 11:47 AM
24 will be good. Plenty of room to build, release and settle, haha.

theneildeal
01-15-2008, 11:48 AM
nice one. you're cool with getting someone else in to do the 2nd solo right?

Roll251
01-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Most definitely.

theneildeal
01-15-2008, 12:00 PM
great

JilaX^
01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Okay I've been working on the Layla thing, and I'm getting a good idea of how to do it...

Gonna use a clean tone and a bit more clapton esque (if I can get it through my set up :sad: ) electric tone. Gonna get rythm and vocals tomorrow hopefully and then I'll do the leads and solos :)

theneildeal
01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
takk. i can't wait to hear it

GD_GC
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Any suggestions for a song I should do? I'm thinking maybe Hideaway?

Dimebag22
01-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Any suggestions for a song I should do? I'm thinking maybe Hideaway?
It'll probably own my version :haha

GD_GC
01-15-2008, 09:34 PM
:haha, thanks i guess, but i dont think so, i liked yours

Dimebag22
01-15-2008, 09:42 PM
:haha, thanks i guess, but i dont think so, i liked yours
Dude, I totally got a new cab for my Hot Rod yesterday. So now I have like a stack with a Hot Rod on top and a Marshall 1965A 4x10 on the bottom. It's bitchin'. :haha It gives a way better tone than I had with just the Hot Rod and I only got it for 100 bucks... :D Damn sweet deal! :haha That was pretty random I just had to tell you all :)

But thanks bro :cheers: I personally didn't like it at all! But I guess I'm just being too hard on myself.

GD_GC
01-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Yeah thats how I am too. And that is bitchin' man! I bet is sounds ****ing aweosme! Hey by the way, have you ever played through the marshall bluesbreaker combo? I played it at a jam I went to a few weeks back, and it was amazing, my first experience with a Marshall :p:

Dimebag22
01-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Yeah thats how I am too. And that is bitchin' man! I bet is sounds ****ing aweosme! Hey by the way, have you ever played through the marshall bluesbreaker combo? I played it at a jam I went to a few weeks back, and it was amazing, my first experience with a Marshall :p:
:haha Yea man! Bluesbreakers are amazing amps. You pay the hefty price of like $2 500 for it though :haha. I might try and pick one up once I get a better job!

theneildeal
01-16-2008, 03:56 PM
by the way, on the unplugged album, there is a piano solo in old love, which means that there could be room for a second guitar solo in our recording if anyone wants to do that. It would have to be acoustic, and you will need audacity to do this, but speak up if you're interested.

no takers?

sam i am
01-16-2008, 05:00 PM
desolation blues is awesome! we could put the slide piece you're doing on if you want as well.

well your the choosing guy so it's up to you. take desolation blues then and you can see if you want the slide peice when I put it up.

I'll try and upload the tracks to my dmusic or something, I think you can download from there.

Oh and I'll do that acoustic solo you mentioned too :) heck, I could even do a piano solo, as long as it's in an easy key.

theneildeal
01-16-2008, 05:03 PM
nice one mate. ill record the rhythm and vocals this week, so we should have it finished pretty soon!

theneildeal
01-18-2008, 10:39 AM
how is everyone getting on with their recordings? im going to record one tonight.

Blurry 505
01-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Mine should be comin along in a little bit.. hopefully pretty soon. Got a friend who goes to a recording school so hes hookin a bunch of us up with some time. I will definitely let you know when it comes along.

My teacher may be doin a song, is it cool if its a full band or are we lookin for just guitar and backing tracks?

d_byrne23
01-18-2008, 01:27 PM
full band would be great man go for it!

and as for mine im going to pick up a new strat either today or tomorrow, then ill choose a song and hopefully have it done fairly soon

theneildeal
01-19-2008, 07:49 AM
nice one.

full band????? of course!!! that would be awesome! The thing is that if everyone uses a blues backing track, people could use the same one!

Blurry 505
01-19-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes thats true.
So I'll count on a full band, but if it doesnt happen in time ill just record somethin real quick. Woohoo im pumped! Haha

sre9981
01-19-2008, 01:57 PM
I should start messing around with recording today, who knows what'll come out've it though. Besides hopefully some lo-fi electric delta style blues that is :)

Jimmy94
01-19-2008, 06:40 PM
I've got a blues cover of good day sunshine in my profile right now that I made for another project, if you want to use it (or any of the other songs there) for this let me know.

theneildeal
01-19-2008, 07:46 PM
good day sunshine isn't really bluesy enough. shine on blues is though! can we use that?

Jimmy94
01-19-2008, 07:48 PM
certainly

theneildeal
01-19-2008, 07:56 PM
nice one mate

Jimmy94
01-19-2008, 08:02 PM
http://kundor.org/pub/shine on blues solo.mp3

Beakwithteeth
01-20-2008, 01:15 AM
I recorded a version of Rollin' and Tumblin' today. It's on my profile. I didn't bust out any guitar theatrics though so don't get too excited.

theneildeal
01-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Awesome. Cheers mate

That's 5 songs that we have finished on the album now, and ive got 2 on the way. This thing is starting to pick up!

Stratwizard
01-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Is there still room on the album?

theneildeal
01-20-2008, 09:56 AM
yeah, but at this stage, it would be good if you have a song ready within the next week or so

theneildeal
01-22-2008, 07:34 PM
Yeah, I really like the Canadian Music Therapy Trust Fund (I think that's what it's called) Anyways, even if you don't live in Canada I think that it is a really good cause and would fit the Blues Album..

Thats a great idea. Im emailing them now about it. Ill tell you what they say!

Dimebag22
01-23-2008, 11:55 AM
Thats a great idea. Im emailing them now about it. Ill tell you what they say!
Sweet deal. Any info yet?

theneildeal
01-23-2008, 12:48 PM
not yet, but its probably early morning in canada now, so i don't expect anything just yet!

theneildeal
01-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Ive just finished my part of the Old Love collaboration. Does anyone know Roll251's email address? I sent him a private message a few days ago, but he hasn't replied. It says that he hasn't been on UG for a week (which is ridiculous, because lets face it, we're all addicted to UG!), which means that he might be on holiday or something. Anyway, if you see him on here, tell him that im looking for him (in an semi-aggressive, Goodfellas tone)!!!!

theneildeal
01-28-2008, 02:09 PM
How is everyone progressing with their songs?

sre9981
01-28-2008, 02:19 PM
My amp got locked in a practice room for the weekend, but I should have it back by tonight to mess around with...

hopefully...

Gabuydachk
01-28-2008, 05:31 PM
if i got a song out by the end of tonight would it be too late to get in on this project? and where would i send it to?

theneildeal
01-28-2008, 06:39 PM
post the link in this thread, or send it to my email address: theneildeal@hotmail.com.

its not too late!

GD_GC
01-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey whens the due date, neil?

Gabuydachk
01-28-2008, 11:51 PM
Lonesome Death Blues (http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/18/899008/Out%20of%20Bare%20-%20Lonesome%20Death%20Blues.mp3)
its rough, but hey it's blues, it can be gritty
if you really want me to re-record it, i'll do that
if you need the lyrics for something, ask for them

theneildeal
01-29-2008, 05:30 AM
Lonesome Death Blues (http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/3/18/899008/Out%20of%20Bare%20-%20Lonesome%20Death%20Blues.mp3)

Nice one mate. I can't download it at the moment because im on the university network, but ill check it out tonight.

GD, there isn't really a due date. Basically, its sooner rather than later!

Roll251
01-29-2008, 12:24 PM
roll251@msn.com

Sorry, Neil.

theneildeal
01-29-2008, 12:37 PM
roll251@msn.com

Sorry, Neil.

haha cheers mate. I was worried that you were abandoning us!

theneildeal
01-29-2008, 12:45 PM

nice one mate, thats quality. You're on the album!

TheDev01dOne
01-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Sorry I've not been on the puter much lately.. How much longer do I have to get my recording? I might have to pull out of this but I'll definitely grab a copy of it when it's done.

Roll251
01-29-2008, 01:30 PM
It said I couldn't open it without the data folder, Neil.

theneildeal
01-29-2008, 07:50 PM
Sorry I've not been on the puter much lately.. How much longer do I have to get my recording? I might have to pull out of this but I'll definitely grab a copy of it when it's done.

You've still got time. Only a few songs are up, and i can't see everyone getting their songs finished within 2 weeks, so don't worry about it. As long as you keep me updated, time shouldn't be a problem.

Also, it would be a bit hypocritical of me to say that you're out of time, because i still haven't recorded mine yet! I keep trying to record it but i make tiny errors which annoy me! I loved the song, but now its driving me insane!! haha

theneildeal
02-03-2008, 05:17 PM
*Neil saves the thread from page 2 obscurity*

How are the recordings going?

Roll251, did you get the data files?

Roll251
02-04-2008, 12:43 AM
I got them, but I can't get them to work for some reason.

sam i am
02-04-2008, 12:48 PM
May I suggest, Neil, that you export each track as a wav and transport them that way?

Pan-Tallica
02-09-2008, 07:17 PM
From Neil:

"How is everyone progressing with their recordings? When i get back from the forum of the banned, ill be able to sort it out better. Keep me informed

Cheers

Neil"

GD_GC
02-09-2008, 07:48 PM
:haha how'd Neil get banned?

Dimebag22
02-09-2008, 07:50 PM
:haha how'd Neil get banned?
User Elimination thread :haha

Fongie
02-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Soooo how is this goiiiiiing?

sre9981
02-18-2008, 06:29 PM
my rec, if all goes well, should be happening sometime this week. I'm sorry it got so delayed, I got involved with a 90s pop show at school and have been rehearsing for that like crazy. Thats all finished now (went awesomely), so its time to get started on this recording.

theneildeal
02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
nice one mate. im still trying to find the time to record mine. Ive got 4 essays to write at the moment.

Lets make sure that this thread doesn't die though!

TeXaS_db
02-19-2008, 04:11 PM
how did i miss this
i would like to contribute

Soapbox Kings (thats r band name) and Struttin' Busted (thats the song)
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers

theneildeal
02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
how did i miss this
i would like to contribute

Soapbox Kings (thats r band name) and Struttin' Busted (thats the song)
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers

mate, that is awesome! You're definitely on the album!

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 08:46 AM
hellooooo

is anyone still up for this?

Dimebag22
03-02-2008, 01:39 PM
I might be able to do a good recording, but my PC mic is so bad. I don't even know if you want it on the album.

sam i am
03-02-2008, 01:52 PM
I can still post something up if you want

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 02:05 PM
I might be able to do a good recording, but my PC mic is so bad. I don't even know if you want it on the album.

Im doing mine off my crappy computer microphone, so yours will be fine!

I can still post something up if you want

cheers, that would be awesome

In case you are all wondering, i have a ton of work at the moment, but when ive finished it all, ill post my song.

Jimmy94
03-02-2008, 02:29 PM
if you want you could dump one of the folks that signed up then dropped off the face of the earth and use another one of my tunes... check out stormy monday in my profile

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 02:46 PM
what i'm planning to do is to get enough songs on the album, and then just say "you've got a week to finish it" to everyone who hasn't posted their songs. I'd like the regulars all to post of song on because the regulars make this forum, but its not fair on everyone else. Also, i was hoping to get the UG Blues Jam on here, but who knows when that will be ready.

Thanks for the song mate. Ill put it on the album!

PitLurker
03-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Best I can do is a webcam video. I can e-mail that to you and if you could take **just** the audio that'd be great (unless you want to make it a CD/DVD) ;)

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 03:05 PM
preferably, each song would be a mp3 file. that would allow for me to post the whole album on UG profiles.

So essentially, if you can post it on myspace or on ug profiles, that would be great

tatorbits
03-02-2008, 03:15 PM
I would really like to do this. But i dont have any recording software :(

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 03:16 PM
ive got an in-built microphone on my laptop. is your's any worse???? lol

PitLurker
03-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Yea... as I said, the best I can do is a video. I don't have software..

It's my birthday, gimme a break :p:

Jimmy94
03-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I would really like to do this. But i dont have any recording software :(

audacity is free

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 03:27 PM
yeah mate, im using audacity as well. In fact, i think that a lot of people will as well

sam i am
03-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Playground Blues - http://www.mediafire.com/?ztdwbwkdzvu it's on my profile too.

I'll upload desolation blues later, it's on another PC.

I think i was down to do a solo on some collab you were doing, but that might have fallen through now.

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 03:49 PM
cheers mate. ive given the recording to roll251, and there is a solo for you on there, so we're just waiting for him to record his part. but we were having trouble transferring the data files, so im not sure about it

Thanks for the song

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 04:02 PM
For those that have posted a song on here, can you send it to my email as well please. theneildeal@hotmail.com

it will make it easier when we put the album up on to the UG profiles page. I create a band page for us, and post this album. Who knows, if we do another album, we can put that up there as well! But lets get this one done first before we start thinking about another one!

sam i am
03-02-2008, 04:25 PM
cheers mate. ive given the recording to roll251, and there is a solo for you on there, so we're just waiting for him to record his part. but we were having trouble transferring the data files, so im not sure about it

Thanks for the song

I would suggest exporting each track as a .wav or maybe even mp3. file instead of messing around with audacity projects.

theneildeal
03-02-2008, 04:26 PM
we did that, and im waiting to see the results

Roll251
03-02-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm getting to it, I sweat, haha.

sam i am
03-03-2008, 03:20 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/?s3dqniwmm4z

Desolation blues!

Encore_God
03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Wow, people have been busy since I was here last!

theneildeal
03-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Ive got Fongie's, Texas DB's, and both of Sam_i_am's on my ipod, and it sounds incredible! I can't wait for this to be finished!

theneildeal
03-03-2008, 04:36 PM
By the way, if anyone is feeling artistic, you could create a picture for the album cover.

theneildeal
03-05-2008, 03:22 PM
No one artistic??? Ill leave it until the weekend, and if no one steps up, ill throw it to the pit. There should be some photoshoppers in there

PitLurker
03-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Ok I'm downloading Audacity, thanks.

theneildeal
03-05-2008, 04:50 PM
nice one. i can't wait to hear your recording. what are you planning on doing?

GD_GC
03-05-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey, go ahead and take my acoustic Little Wing (in my profile) and my Blues Jam for the first round of the Duel (Also in my proflie, just call it Blues Jam or whatever you want.)

I can't wait to see how this will turn out!

PitLurker
03-05-2008, 05:33 PM
nice one. i can't wait to hear your recording. what are you planning on doing?

Let's say I like mixing two acoustic guitars ;)

theneildeal
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey, go ahead and take my acoustic Little Wing (in my profile) and my Blues Jam for the first round of the Duel (Also in my proflie, just call it Blues Jam or whatever you want.)

I can't wait to see how this will turn out!

haha its so weird that you said that because i was just about to ask you if i could use either little wing or your blues duel entry, but i was unsure which one to ask for because they're both amazing. This solves that problem!

Can you send the songs to my email: theneildeal@hotmail.com

Cheers mate

theneildeal
03-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Let's say I like mixing two acoustic guitars ;)

nice, i can't wait to hear it.

This album is starting to take shape. We've got 10 songs already, and im about to record my song. Im taking on an acoustic version of Dave Brubeck's Take Five, seen as this is the blues and JAZZ lol

sre9981
03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm still thinking of doing a recording tonight if I get overly stressed and need to let off some steam.

theneildeal
03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
nice one mate

theneildeal
03-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Jimmy94, those two songs are amazing!

Jimmy94
03-05-2008, 07:11 PM
thanks bro, glad you like them!

TheDev01dOne
03-05-2008, 08:55 PM
I haven't kept up to date with this thread but it looks like it's coming along well, is there still time if I wanna put a song on here? I'm almost finished writing just an acoustic song that I could probably record and use that if possible?

Won't be able to put any solos on it though since It'll just be me and my acoustic recorded 'live'.

Jimmy94
03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
as far as I can tell anyone and everyone is welcome, especially the people that submit something!

TheDev01dOne
03-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Okay well I might try get it done tomorrow. I was originally planning on submitting a different song with some extra instruments happening but it's gonna be hard to do so I'll try just do something a bit easier, hopefully it will sound good.

theneildeal
03-06-2008, 07:31 AM
as far as I can tell anyone and everyone is welcome, especially the people that submit something!

that's right

theneildeal
03-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Okay well I might try get it done tomorrow. I was originally planning on submitting a different song with some extra instruments happening but it's gonna be hard to do so I'll try just do something a bit easier, hopefully it will sound good.

im sure that it will sound great. Cheers

This album is coming along great. I can see this being finished within a few weeks.

TheDev01dOne
03-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Okay I've decided to do my cover of Crawling Kingsnake by John Lee Hooker since I already play it and sing it so I'll just have to record it. Might be a bit rough but I guess it will suit the JLH-ness of the song anyway.

jimmybob24
03-06-2008, 11:15 AM
im up for this, iv got an mp3 on my profile its just a mess around riff i recorded when was trying to work out how to play something else but could flesh it out into a track if any one fancys writing some lyrics and doing a vocal.

theneildeal
03-06-2008, 11:17 AM
cool. that would be a good collaboration for this album. i would do, but my lyrical ability is, hmm, not the best lol

jimmybob24
03-06-2008, 11:24 AM
yeah i have a habit of writing s**t lyrics
thats why i need some one to colabarate with
cool well if any one else fancys it give me a shout back

TheDev01dOne
03-06-2008, 11:26 AM
The riff sounds like Gear Jammer by George Thorogood, cool riff man. If you structure it out into a song I can try help write lyrics for it if you want. I would sing but I don't think I'd be able to record it in a decent way to get it on the actual song cos I don't have any decent equipment.

jimmybob24
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
ok cool, il have a go at getting a proper song structure together.
all help with the lyrics will be appreciated when iv done the track.

Skirvy
03-06-2008, 11:48 AM
sweet. I'm gona get recording.

Skirvy
03-06-2008, 11:52 AM
it'd be sweet if someone did a collaboration on - Riding With The King (EC and BB)

Skirvy
03-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm struggling to think of a song to record, any suggestions?

theneildeal
03-06-2008, 01:35 PM
bold as love instrumental?

Jimmy94
03-06-2008, 03:45 PM
samson and delilah!

If I had my way
I WOULD TEAR this old building down

GD_GC
03-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey neil, I can't get the files for one of the songs on this computer, so I'll email them to you sometime soon. Is there a deadline you need them by?

Skirvy
03-06-2008, 05:45 PM
I did an instrumental cover of Waiting On The World To Change-John Mayer
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Skirvy/
Its quite rough and i messed up a bit in the solo but all in all i thought it was quite good for my first recording.
There is a horn section before the solo in the actual song so i made up my own part for there.

theneildeal
03-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Hey neil, I can't get the files for one of the songs on this computer, so I'll email them to you sometime soon. Is there a deadline you need them by?

don't worry, you've got more than enough time!

theneildeal
03-06-2008, 05:56 PM
I did an instrumental cover of Waiting On The World To Change-John Mayer
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Skirvy/
Its quite rough and i messed up a bit in the solo but all in all i thought it was quite good for my first recording.
There is a horn section before the solo in the actual song so i made up my own part for there.

the chords sound slightly wrong. which chords did you use? Other than that, its a quality start!

Skirvy
03-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Maybe my guitar tuning is f'd up. I used a 5 star tab off UG so its probably just me.

theneildeal
03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
yeah, its probably the tuning then. but yeah, like i said, its a good start so just keep working on it! i was going to cover john mayer's sucker, but ive decided to do some jazz

jimmybob24
03-07-2008, 05:21 AM
right, the little riff i had on my profile, i had a go at turning it into a song, its a bit long and the recordings ruff as i just did it through the mic on my lap top.
think im going to re record it and get it dow to about 2 minutes,
but need to collaberate with some one to help write/record some lyrics as i cant sing and my lyric writing ability is pretty sh*t.
also once have some lyrics down can always work on the arrangement to cut the length down.
so if any one is up for it give me a shout back.
cheers
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/jimmybob24/music/all/play238361

Skirvy
03-07-2008, 12:55 PM
yeah, its probably the tuning then. but yeah, like i said, its a good start so just keep working on it! i was going to cover john mayer's sucker, but ive decided to do some jazz
I'm gona record it again when I get a jack to mini jack so i can record d.i to the computer.
Or possibly something more bluesy.

theneildeal
03-09-2008, 08:29 AM
nice one mate. im going to record mine between now and tuesday, because on wednesday, im going to barcelona for a week, and i won't be taking my guitar. The song is coming along well though. I can play the song all the way through, but i just need to keep practicing until its perfect.

TheDev01dOne
03-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Okay my song is recorded, finally found the manual and figured out how to multi-track on my zoom thing so it even has a solo...

It's up on my profile, Crawlin' Kingsnake.. Is it good enough? All 3 tracks are just first takes, I could probably clean it up if neccesary but I kinda like the solo so I didn't want to change ****..

Anyway check it out and let me know what you think. If it's okay as it is, where do I send the MP3 to?

theneildeal
03-11-2008, 02:20 PM
mate thats awesome! send it to theneildeal@hotmail.com

cheers

Neil

TheDev01dOne
03-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Okay cool well I'm email it you later then in 320Kb MP3.

I'm so pleased I figured out how to use my recorder thing decently now, should be fun getting some songs down to throw around a bit. The UG Blues album drove me to it, I'm very grateful. Lol

What's the go with cover art etc? Is it going to have a cover? Has it been designed yet?

theneildeal
03-11-2008, 03:57 PM
it would be great to have a cover for it, but im not the artsy type! Like ive said before, if anyone is up for doing that, then go for it!

TheDev01dOne
03-11-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm not very arty either, especially digital art. I wasn't volunteering, just wondering. Would be cool to have a cover and crap for it though. It should be "Volume 1" too, then we have incentive to do this again and again! Lol

theneildeal
03-11-2008, 04:35 PM
exactly yeah! we should do this kind of thing two or three times a year, and then have a best of 2008 album as a christmas present to all UGers! lol.

What i will probably do with the cover is wait for the album to be finished, and if no one from blues and jazz wants to do it, ill hand it over to the pit. Its because i don't particularly want to do it now because we'll get shredders in here wanting to get involved, and i want to keep this strictly blues and jazz regulars.

Firebread
03-11-2008, 04:56 PM
I may not be good enough to get a song on here yet but I'm fairly good with photoshop. I can try and make a cover if you guys let me know what titles and such to put on it.

theneildeal
03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
that would be awesome. having the UG logo would be essential, and then after that, its up to you. I want to say "make it look bluesy" but to be honest, i wouldn't know what a bluesy look is, so just do what you think looks good. Anyone with a BB King avatar should have good taste, so ill trust that you'll do a great job!

TheDev01dOne
03-11-2008, 05:47 PM
that would be awesome. having the UG logo would be essential, and then after that, its up to you. I want to say "make it look bluesy" but to be honest, i wouldn't know what a bluesy look is, so just do what you think looks good. Anyone with a BB King avatar should have good taste, so ill trust that you'll do a great job!

Bluesy = Heavy relic 50's strat or Tele (I prefer Tele) leaning on, and plugged into a beat up old tweed amp, with a bottle of moonshine (or in my case, Lemonade) half empty on top of the amp next to a bottle-neck slide.. In a dark corner with the silhouette of light shining through a window onto the shadowed wall..

Now that's artistic Lol not to mention cliche!

theneildeal
03-11-2008, 05:55 PM
there you go! do that!! lol

TheDev01dOne
03-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Emailed you the MP3 of my song just before Neil. How many songs are left to be done before the album is finished? I wanna hear everyone elses songs.

Skirvy
03-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Please someone give my an idea of a song to record. Something the ain't to difficult and be specific.

TheDev01dOne
03-12-2008, 02:23 PM
Do 'Stack Shot Billy' by the Black Keys on acoustic with an extended slide solo?

Or do 'Lets work together' by Canned Heat (among many others who've covered it) That's a good rockin' song.

If you're into Delta Blues, maybe 'Death Letter' by Son House or something by Skip James??

Do something of ECs Unplugged album maybe?

theneildeal
03-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Cheers mate

Im not really sure how many songs are left to be done, but we almost have enough for an album. I will get mine done within the next 10 days, and then we will see where we are. Everyone involved has blues recordings on their profiles, so if its necessary, people can submit those if they donīt have enough time to record a new song.

On the first page, i have posted links to everyoneīs songs, so you can hear them now. Ill create a band profile for the album (and future albums) and ill create a facebook and myspace band page so that everyone has access to it. At the moment, thereīs no point putting the band profile up yet because the links are on the first page, and also, the recordings arenīt on this computer. What i want to do is to have all of the recordings and the artwork done, and then launch it. Otherwise, we can launch it with half of the songs, and just keep adding to it, but that would kind of defeat the object of having an album.

One final point, im really hoping to put the UG Blues Jam on here, but its not done yet. The good news is that GDīs bringing it back to life so-to-speak, so i hope to see it finished soon. But understandably, we canīt wait for it if every other song is ready, but weīll deal with that if the situation arises.

To be honest, a few weeks ago, i thought that this project was dying, so im really glad and grateful for the renewed interest!

Thanks everyone!

Neil

Skirvy
03-12-2008, 04:11 PM
Do 'Stack Shot Billy' by the Black Keys on acoustic with an extended slide solo?

Or do 'Lets work together' by Canned Heat (among many others who've covered it) That's a good rockin' song.

If you're into Delta Blues, maybe 'Death Letter' by Son House or something by Skip James??

Do something of ECs Unplugged album maybe?

good idea. maybe running on faith, walkin' blues or layla unplugged

theneildeal
03-12-2008, 04:30 PM
good idea. maybe running on faith, walkin' blues or layla unplugged
i love that song! you should definitely do that!

TheDev01dOne
03-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Just checked out the first page and noticed you were doing a collab on Old Love!! Good choice on the song but EC and Robert Cray OWN that song! Lol

Here's some inspiration for you guys.. Who's gonna be whom?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM_118-kw0Y

There's a part 2 in the responses section! Goddamn Robert Cray never wastes a note, I love his solos.

Blurry 505
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey, sorry I haven't been checking the site. Just replyin to say that I am workin on it!

And by the way, everyone is choosing great songs. This thing will be epic!

Firebread
03-12-2008, 10:39 PM
If someone could find me a that giant UG logo then I could get started on the cover. I couldn't find a reliced strat on an amp with a half empty bottle of "moon shine" but I think I can get it done nicely anyways. I could actually take care of all the digital stuff, like making a giant file that holds the songs the cover, a couple of word docs, yadah yadah. So if anyone could find that logo (I've been searching =P) that'd be swell.

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:56 AM
nice one blurry!

Tim, the old love cover is still in progress. im singing the first verse and chorus, and playing the rhythm. Roll is singing the second verse and chorus, and playing the second solo, and then i think sam_i_am is playing the final solo. And yeah, it is an awesome song!

firebread, i had the same problem with the logo. If you canīt find UG, thenjust use the logo at the top of the page, without the .com, so you just have "ultimateGuitar". I canīt wait to see it! If you canīt find a relic strat with the moonshine, maybe someone on here has an old looking guitar, and a bottle of JD or something like that, so they could take a few photos, and see how they turn out!

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 06:12 AM
how close can you get!! http://i26.tinypic.com/eq3yg9.jpg its just a shame about the writing

although im pretty sure that its someone elses album cover

TheDev01dOne
03-13-2008, 07:37 AM
And the Ibanez.. And the 2 ****ty amps.. And there's no Lemonade for us non-drinkers..

The Tele is nice though :peace:

:haha nah that is pretty close. We could do .. "The Blue(s) Album".. That cover would be easier to make :D

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 08:22 AM
the blues album would be easier to make, and just have ultimateGuitar at the bottom of the cover or something. But im sure that Firebread will make an awesome cover. To be honest, as long as it looks slightly bluesy, it will be good!

On another note, i was thinking about my song. I was thinking about doing an acoustic version of Dave Brubeckīs Take 5, (although if you look further back through the thread, ive changed my mind several times!) but its taking too long to learn, and ive got a lot of uni work to do, so there wonīt be much time to really practice it, and record it. Ive got a cover of Lenny in my profile, and i just want to know if you think that its ok for the album.

Ill do the Dave Brubeck song on the next album! Probably in the summer when most people have more time!

Cheers

Neil

TheDev01dOne
03-13-2008, 08:29 AM
The guitar playing is awesome but the crackling and computer fan noises kinda ruins it a bit.. Maybe someone could edit that out somehow though? I suppose it makes it pretty vintagey sounding but it detracts from the pretty guitar playing IMO.

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 08:35 AM
well, that would be the problem with recording a new song, because i only have my crappy laptop microphone to record with, so Take 5 would sound the same. Im definitely going to get myself some decent recording equipment, but not in the near future as i donīt have enough spare money to buy some. So i think that i will use Lenny, but if anyone can/wants to edit it and make it sound better, then i would be very grateful. If not, then no worries

TeXaS_db
03-13-2008, 02:00 PM
i didnt know if i was supposed to or not, but just to be safe a sent my song to your email if u need it.

Skirvy
03-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm seriously considering 'Running On Faith'. Just need to get my hands on a slide. How long we got left to record?

Firebread
03-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Ok, I was piled under homework and such and I just finished watching all the things I wanted to on my tivo. But I finally have the free time to start putting together this cover. If I can't get it right I got quite a few people I know who are damn good at photoshop. But I'll see what I can do.

aetherspear
03-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey I just finished my new version of Stormy Monday today. its over here http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/liquidbluesband/. and I don't really do vocals much.

Edit: Damn Jimmy's doing stormy monday too? hmm. well our versions are pretty different anyways.

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:12 PM
i didnt know if i was supposed to or not, but just to be safe a sent my song to your email if u need it.

I downloaded your song from your myspace page, so as long as its the same, i already have it, but thanks anway.

I'm seriously considering 'Running On Faith'. Just need to get my hands on a slide. How long we got left to record?

Nice one. I canīt really give you a set date, because i honestly donīt know, but i would suggest a week or two, otherwise you would be pushing it! But it depends on whether everyone else has finished their songs or not.

Ok, I was piled under homework and such and I just finished watching all the things I wanted to on my tivo. But I finally have the free time to start putting together this cover. If I can't get it right I got quite a few people I know who are damn good at photoshop. But I'll see what I can do.

Nice one. Im sure that it wil be great!

Firebread
03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Ok I got the basic thing down, what should I do for a title?

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey I just finished my new version of Stormy Monday today. its over here http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/liquidbluesband/. and I don't really do vocals much.

Edit: Damn Jimmy's doing stormy monday too? hmm. well our versions are pretty different anyways.

Your version is completely different. Im listening to it and it is awesome! I could call one version "Stormy Monday" and the other one "...(instrumental)" or "...(Alternate Take)" or something along those lines

Cheers, its much appreciated

Neil

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:20 PM
Ok I got the basic thing down, what should I do for a title?

The UG Blues Album, The Blues Album, or something along those lines. Avoid calling it "The Ultimate Guitar Blues Album" becase it sounds like a cheesy "best of" album instead of ultimate guitar being the name of the site.

To be honest, youīve pretty much got creative freedom so do whatever looks best!

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:28 PM
aetherspear, can you send your track sometime within the next 7 days to theneildeal@hotmail.com.

Cheers

Neil

Firebread
03-13-2008, 05:29 PM
http://i25.tinypic.com/2a7982v.jpg

Yay or nay?

sre9981
03-13-2008, 05:31 PM
How about just "Blues" for the title? Short, to the point, and effective :) subtitle it maybe "The Artists of the Blues/Jazz Section of Ultimate Guitar" or something

Firebread
03-13-2008, 05:31 PM
How about just "Blues" for the title? Short, to the point, and effective :) subtitle it maybe "The Artists of the Blues/Jazz Section of Ultimate Guitar" or something

Little late. xD

aetherspear
03-13-2008, 05:36 PM
I'll send it. Think I could do a jazz piece before were all done? cuz it is a blues/jazz album really.

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:41 PM
i like what youīve done, but thereīs something about it that im not sure of. For the background, can you change the darker blue to black, the lighter blue to a dark blue, and put a white outline around the letters in the title. See if that works. At the moment, its like 95% for me (if youknow what i mean!) but it just needs that something else.

In terms of the title, i think that its fine. The project has always been known as the UG blues album, so it seems right to call it that.

Cheers

Neil

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I'll send it. Think I could do a jazz piece before were all done? cuz it is a blues/jazz album really.

If you have the time, perfect, if not, no worries!

theneildeal
03-13-2008, 05:49 PM
by the way, everyone else should voice their opinions of the album cover.

aetherspear
03-13-2008, 05:52 PM
I like it, but I'm iffy about not including jazz, and I'm not sure we should have a picture of someone specific like BB king. I'm just not sure what we would put on it then.

sre9981
03-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Sorry to say it, but it looks kinda eh to me, just not professional looking.

Just my opinion though :\

Firebread
03-13-2008, 05:58 PM
I tried to make the changes to what you said (I had to remake the background) but for the most part is this what you were thinking?

http://i25.tinypic.com/34jc3kw.jpg

aetherspear
03-13-2008, 05:59 PM
I think it would look awesome just plain without BB. either way.

Firebread
03-13-2008, 06:02 PM
I think it would look awesome just plain without BB. either way.

I just thought it'd be a bit more bluesy if I included a musician (looked for unknowns but none looked "bluesy" enough for me) so who's more bluesy than BB King? =P

I'll see what other people got to say. Taking him out won't be difficult but it will require a background change again.

TeXaS_db
03-13-2008, 06:11 PM
I downloaded your song from your myspace page, so as long as its the same, i already have it, but thanks anway.

i did change something, but it wasnt drastic. i thought the song was a lil long so i took the third verse and made it the second and i took the second verse completely out. the second verse is the same as the first so i didnt think yall were missing anything. but u can listen to it, and if u dont like it u can use the longer version since u downloaded it.
thanks

theneildeal
03-14-2008, 06:04 AM
nice one texas.

Fo the album cover, i had a go a making my own. I have this ideain my head about what it should look like that i couldnīt express in words!

http://i28.tinypic.com/6rhtuh.jpg

I donīt know how to use photoshop, so i did it in microsoft word

I wanted to make it modern, but bluesy. Tell me what you think. Also, if anyone has any other ideas, feel fee to post your own cover.

GD_GC
03-14-2008, 06:23 AM
nice one texas.

Fo the album cover, i had a go a making my own. I have this ideain my head about what it should look like that i couldnīt express in words!

http://i28.tinypic.com/6rhtuh.jpg

I donīt know how to use photoshop, so i did it in microsoft word

I wanted to make it modern, but bluesy. Tell me what you think. Also, if anyone has any other ideas, feel fee to post your own cover.

I like this one a lot, but, as mentioned before, maybe you could just put "Blues" on the cover. Unless we have some jazz songs, in which case that would not work.

theneildeal
03-14-2008, 06:59 AM
cheers

aetherspear said that he cold do a jazz song, and it would be appropriate seen as this is the blues and jazz thread. But the title can be changed easily so thereīs no problem

TheDev01dOne
03-14-2008, 08:20 AM
I like Neil's better.. I'd attempt to make a cover but I don't think MS paint is gonna turn out anything too amazing..

theneildeal
03-14-2008, 09:17 AM
cheers.

haha yeah, i thought about using ms paint, bu i could have spent hours making the cover and it would look like the work of a 5 year old!

Back to the music, if anyone wants to do some jazz, that would be great! It is the blues AND JAZZ forum, so it would feel appropriate. If we donīt get a blues song weīll call the album "the blues album" or just "blues." Weīve got a few weeks (hopefully) left of this, so weīll see what happens

aetherspear
03-14-2008, 10:40 AM
the thing is I probably won't be able to record til late next week, cause I'm going on vacation for spring break. I'd still really like to though.

theneildeal
03-15-2008, 07:20 AM
donīt worry about it! youīll still have time

enjoy spring break!

theneildeal
03-15-2008, 11:26 AM
These are the people tat weīre waiting for

PitLurker
Dimebag22
Sre9981
Jilax^
Sleepn Giant
Blurry 505
WhatUp88
D_byrne23
Roll251
Aetherspear

Please give me an update on your progress and expected completion date. If weīre forced to wait too long, i wont hesistate about removing you fom the album

Roll251, how is the collab going? if its taking too long, then we ca just save it for the next album

Aetherspear, know about your jazz song, so you donīt need to respond to this

Cheers

Neil

TheDev01dOne
03-17-2008, 10:55 AM
Uh I recorded one of my own songs, it's probably better than the other song.. Wanna have a listen and see if it would be better for the album? It's my blues harp recording debut Lol

www.myspace.com/thedevoidone the song is 'Grey Sky Blues'.

theneildeal
03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Awesome song! nice one. Its up to you which song you want on the album, but could i put the other song on the backup list, so if someone pulls out, i can replace it with yours?

TheDev01dOne
03-17-2008, 12:38 PM
Okay that's cool then just do that, I kinda like the JLH one better again now but if you need more stuff you can use the other song of mine. WIll probably have a few more recorded and up before this is finished I guess so maybe there will be an even better one! I can only hope.

theneildeal
03-17-2008, 08:53 PM
nice one mate

Skirvy
03-18-2008, 02:29 PM
i doubt i'll be able to record in time, depending on the rough deadline so i'll just wait till the next one

sre9981
03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I should have a recording up by Friday evening if all goes well. Sorry for the delay, my amp's been in locked room/spring break limbo for a while and I can't seem to come up with anything good acoustic wise.