Traffic anyone?

PDA

View Full Version : Traffic anyone?

Blind In 1 Ear
01-12-2008, 01:25 AM
i searched and didnt find anything on Traffic so i thought i should make a thread about them.

im just starting to get into them. i knew a couple of their songs before so decided to check them out. i bought the traffic gold series double CD set and im liking what im hearing. right now i think my favorite song is empty pages. i like the whole groove to it and the solo.

anyone else like traffic? no one i know seems to know who they are.

ECistheBest
01-12-2008, 01:26 AM
is traffic steve winwood's band?

i(ncubus)play
01-12-2008, 01:39 AM
is traffic steve winwood's band?

Yes. Basically.

EddieCraig
01-12-2008, 02:44 AM
ive heard theyre really good, but havent personally heard their music. but i dont really like winwoods singing

therussian
01-12-2008, 12:29 PM
I love Traffic. Dear Mr. Fantasy blows me away every time.

TDMize15
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
Traffic is one of my favorite bands.

Favorites would have to include: Dear Mr. Fantasy, Empty Pages, Glad, Medicated Goo, Pearly Queen, Feelin' Alright, Low Spark of High Heeled Boys... etc.

Steve Winwood is an incredible guitarist for anyone who hasn't heard much of him, or has just heard his 80s stuff (PALES in comparison to anything he did in the 60s or 70s).

I could go on all day, LOVE the band.

i(ncubus)play
01-12-2008, 06:54 PM
I love Traffic. Dear Mr. Fantasy blows me away every time.

I LOVE that song, except for the oooohhhhhh aaaaaaahhh part. That ruined it for me.

Carswell98
01-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Traffic is one of my favorite bands.

Favorites would have to include: Dear Mr. Fantasy, Empty Pages, Glad, Medicated Goo, Pearly Queen, Feelin' Alright, Low Spark of High Heeled Boys... etc.

Steve Winwood is an incredible guitarist for anyone who hasn't heard much of him, or has just heard his 80s stuff (PALES in comparison to anything he did in the 60s or 70s).

I could go on all day, LOVE the band.

not only is he a great guitarist he's a hell of a keyboardist and he sings very well

Glad has been the one playing most regularly in my itunes lately, but those are all excellent songs

hippyskier
01-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Awesome to see some other Traffic fans on here. I could listen to Dear Mr. Fantasy on repeat all day. If anyone is just getting into them, I'd recommend John Barleycorn Must Die for a first album.

BrainDamage
01-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I :heart: Steve Winwood (and Traffic and Blind Faith of course). He can hold his own with the best on guitar (and keys for that matter) if you ask me.

That keyboard solo in Empty Pages... :liplick:

studer
01-15-2008, 02:25 AM
I would have to say Traffic is one of my favorites!!! Of course there are so many but traffic is some great stuff and I would encourage anyone to sample any of their albums!! I own 3 traffic albums (vinyl) and love spinning them. Keep em' alive!!!!!!

Peter Hayes
01-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Steve Winwood is one of the few artists who can do everything and play everything. At least one solo album is just him. Great all-rounder without ever being one of the greats. Goes on autopilot too much for my money though.

Carswell98
01-16-2008, 05:33 AM
I was just listening to a little traffic again and I had to come back

seriously, they had to have been one of the greatest jam bands of all time, they just pick up a song and roll with it for 10+ minutes, it doesn't hurt that their bands name plays so nicely with that concept either

its just fun to say Traffic jam

lol