Blues Songs With Great Solos

PDA

View Full Version : Blues Songs With Great Solos

shpaz
01-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Hi UG users,
I dont listen to blues that much , So I need recommendations about some good blues songs that have a long slow solo in them so I can play it on giutar.
Thanks guys

firebreath07
01-13-2008, 01:26 PM
johnny b. goode set at 50bpm?

hawk_kst
01-13-2008, 01:28 PM
drown in my own tears, jeff beck
speeds up at the end though

Seek and annoy
01-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Johnny B Goode ain't blues. Try The Thrill is Gone by B.B. King, the solo isn't very long though. Most stuff by B.B. King is pretty slow, and Buddy Guy has some cool solo as well.

clement1
Listen to Stevie Ray Vaughan - not exactly long slow solos but if ur trying to get into blues..........stevie is the man. You might find a slow solo, depends on how slow your talking about. Like Californication solo slow?!? or slow compared to Michael angelo batio solos?!

qotsa1998
Pretty much any Gilmore-era Pink Floyd has nice, slow bluesy solos in em, like Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2. BB King songs have good solos in em as well, and they also have some good fill riffs to learn.

Pagan-Pie
01-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughn, every single song.

Jimbleton
01-13-2008, 01:44 PM
try sunshine of your love by cream, but slow it down and bild up to full speed

Jamingguitarist
01-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Tin Pan Alley by Stevie Ray Vaughan

shpaz
01-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Wow thanks alot guys thats a lot of songs t listen to
so thinks again.

gopherthegreat
01-13-2008, 02:52 PM
i'll play the blues for you - albert king
poontang - instrumental
deep down in florida - muddy waters
the thrill is gone - bb king
high water everywhere - joe bonamassa
depression blues - melvin taylor and the slack band
just playing my axe - buddy guy

i could go on for a while. you could just slow these down, or play them at normal speed, because theyre not really technical solos.

imgooley
01-13-2008, 04:29 PM
blues deluxe- Jeff Beck
Whole Lotta Love-Led Zeppelin
Smokestack Lightnin-Not really a song with a solo but essential to anyone who plays blues
Spoonful-The Cream
Hard Time Killin Floor Blues-A cool riff-Skip James
When the Levee Breaks-Led Zep

j_hunter_hkr
01-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Worried Dream - Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac

Good luck trying to get that tone though!

Ramblin'_Man
01-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Cross to Bear and Stormy Monday by The Allman Brothers Band. Duane Allman is the best blues guitarist imo. those are his two best slow blues songs, check out all of clapton's stuff too, the name "slowhand" came from somewhere. B.B., T-bone Walker and Muddy Waters are some other artists you should check out that havent been mentioned

ze monsta
01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Cross to Bear and Stormy Monday by The Allman Brothers Band. Duane Allman is the best blues guitarist imo. those are his two best slow blues songs, check out all of clapton's stuff too, the name "slowhand" came from somewhere. B.B., T-bone Walker and Muddy Waters are some other artists you should check out that havent been mentioned

Actually the name "Slowhand" came from him being so quick. And when he had to replace string on stage, he would do it himself, and people would slowly clap him.
Hence, "Slowhand" Clapton.

n00bzorz. :o