Creedence Clearwater Revival

PDA

View Full Version : Creedence Clearwater Revival

mindtrek
01-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Creedence Clearwater Revival, one of my favorite bands.

Just a great jam band to listen to anytime, especially the Golliwog stuff. Thoughts?

Jonjy2
01-15-2008, 12:52 AM
I know the name only because Children of Bodom are covering one of their songs on their new album. (CoB's new album)

Dunno if you like CoB or not... Just randomly saying... :D

ZeppMuffins
01-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Ooh, they're quite talented. Some of my favorite songs are Suzie Q, Travelin' Band, & Fortunate Son. :)

master
01-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Green River is an amazing album. My favorite song is probably midnight special.

EddieCraig
01-16-2008, 12:35 AM
CCR is awesome, they have so many awesome songs.

nodnod
01-16-2008, 01:20 AM
I love CCR but did you ever listen to how horrible their tuning is... or lack thereof?

Thefallofman
01-16-2008, 08:05 AM
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/search.php?searchid=413110

You'll see like 3 CCR threads on that page. For some reason they never seem to last.

lounge act
01-23-2008, 12:13 PM
My favorite songs are Heard It Through the Grapevine and Penthouse Pauper. They both have some really good guitar.

C4M3R0N
01-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Anybody care to suggest a compilation for me to pick up? I've seen a few different ones in stores, and I'm not sure which would be the best as far as getting the most well-known or best songs in one disc or set of discs.

pepsi_lovr
01-23-2008, 10:06 PM
I have the studio 99 performing the classics of creedence clearwater revival. Anyone ever heard this?

Iluvpowerchords
01-24-2008, 03:15 AM
They weren't really an album band...

But they wrote tons of knockouts...

Weird...

|Guitarhead|
01-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Theyre a fricking awesome band. One of my favs. I put a spell on you is my fav song, suzie Q is great too.

IHATECHILDREN
01-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Amazing group. Amazing, amazing group.

That's pretty much it.

sonic reducer
01-26-2008, 09:03 PM
They had an influence on the Minutemen, amazing band.

Rockabilly_Cat
02-01-2008, 08:01 AM
I grew up with Creedence, as my father always played their albums, and i am very happy about that.

And Fogerty is such a underrated guitarist! I mean, listen to his solos in "Workin' man"! Good Golly Miss Molly and lots of others!

I mean, they got about 3 bad songs (If you don't count "Mardi Grass", but i think we all just want to forget that album right? *Shudders*)

Rockabilly_Cat
02-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Anybody care to suggest a compilation for me to pick up? I've seen a few different ones in stores, and I'm not sure which would be the best as far as getting the most well-known or best songs in one disc or set of discs.

IF i were you, i'd try to get my hands on the compliation "Keep on Choolin' " Which features all of their best songs!

metalfan#3
02-02-2008, 12:13 AM
I Put A Spell on You is amazing. I'd love to see a jam band cover that, since you can do so much great improvising with the solo! Agh, I love that song!

Amazing band.

Metaledit: Has anyone heard Fogerty's new solo album, Revival? I heard it was really good, and sounded a lot like CCR.

Thefallofman
02-02-2008, 10:01 PM
For you guys in the U.S.: John will be on PBS's show "Soundstage" next thursday and the thursday after that doing a concert. The shows start at 10 PM EST. Soundstage is my favorite show, I've seen some amazing shows on there and I'm sure Fogerty won't disappoint.

Wrote A Song For Everyone is my favorite CCR song right now I think. I just picked up Green River on vinyl a couple days ago (for $0.33, I might add :p: ) and I've been in love with that song.

mindtrek
02-02-2008, 11:58 PM
IF i were you, i'd try to get my hands on the compliation "Keep on Choolin' " Which features all of their best songs!

I think you mean "Chooglin" and I totally agree great stuff

KEEP ON CHOOGLIN!

jaco_pasto
02-03-2008, 01:33 AM
They are an amazing band, i got a live album of theirs today its amazing

Gurana
02-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Awsome band. Their music is very easy to listen too, no **** just right out the freeway. Classical!

ezza61
02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Awesome band. Plain and Simple. Favorite songs are Fortunate son and Have you ever seen the rain.

Thefallofman
02-13-2008, 10:22 PM
Anyone have Fogerty's new album? I don't, but what I've heard from it I like just as much.... maybe even more than CCR.

Deja Vu All Over Again nearly made me cry when he played it on PBS' Soundstage... I had goosebumps the whole time. Amazing song, he said everything I've been trying to say, just better.

BOC15
02-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Ya I haven't heard yet, but i have heard around that it is really good.

anyway i would CCR is the best 60's band of all time.. and Fogerty is nothing short of a genius

Chiller2
02-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but I think John Fogerty wrote all of their original material. When the band broke up was forced to sign the rights to them over to the band and was later sued for writing a song that sounded to much like his previous songwriting. He won the suit.

aprescott_27
02-15-2008, 03:10 PM
Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but I think John Fogerty wrote all of their original material. When the band broke up was forced to sign the rights to them over to the band and was later sued for writing a song that sounded to much like his previous songwriting. He won the suit.That's what I heard.

I need to get a CCR album. I've been hearing their songs on the radio since I was a kid, and loved all of them, but I've never got an album yet.

Carswell98
02-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Somebody can correct me if I am wrong but I think John Fogerty wrote all of their original material. When the band broke up was forced to sign the rights to them over to the band and was later sued for writing a song that sounded to much like his previous songwriting. He won the suit.

that is true, and it really is the silliest thing I've ever heard

honestly, he was sued for sounding like himself! :haha

and that band was amazing, great guitar work, I don't care what people say about John's voice either, I like it.

Heard it Through the Grapevine is amazing, great jam, but I think I still like the original better, and green river has epic guitar tone, I love the sound of a nice Ric 6 string in action.

TDMize15
02-15-2008, 03:52 PM
John Fogerty's new album "Revival" is very good. A homage almost to his CCR days. Definitely has that Creedence sound. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes CCR.

Fogerty is a very underrated guitarist. He has such a distinctive style and guitar sound. And I absolutely love his voice. One of my favorites in Rock and Roll.

Also, I've seen him live twice and he might rank # 1 and 2 on my favorite concerts. Still is incredible live.

Carswell98
02-15-2008, 04:02 PM
you know whats great, I think he's actually better than when he was young, just listen to this man, it's amazing from an old dude :p:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f2lVstO7K8E