Yea, your contests are rigged.

PDA

View Full Version : Yea, your contests are rigged.

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:03 PM
This got closed in a different forum. I believe this belongs here.

UG Contests seem rigged. The contest winners are like 50/50 guys and girls. There arent that many girl guitar players and the chances of that are highly unlikely. The names are all american names, as if no foreigners lived here in america.

I dont care about winning things, but at least give the prizes to someone. False advertising sucks man.

Paul Lambeth
01-15-2008, 07:10 PM
You have absolutely no evidence regarding this. There are many females who play guitar or have interest in music, and it's up to nobody to claim otherwise.

And British/American people as a majority use this website - though there are also many other nationalities in smaller proportion, people may adopt the surnames (marrying into a country) or firstnames of their residential country.

Don't be accusational with no evidence for.

We also need no flame war, so I'm not going to respond any more to this thread.

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Its not evidence that im presenting its common sense. Guys outweigh girls 10fold and you know it. Dont be UGs little protector.

Deliriumbassist
01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Its not evidence that im presenting its common sense. Guys outweigh girls 10fold and you know it. Dont be UGs little protector.

:haha

I wasn't laughing WITH you, son.

Firstly, proof. Get some. Even though there is none.

Secondly, don't be such a f*cking baby.

Thirdly, get more proof.

Get the picture?

fretsonfire74
01-15-2008, 07:17 PM
i think you're just annoyed that you're not winning these competitions. do you do this in sporting events? if you don't win then you have a whinge? please, keep opinions like this to yourself. and no i don't think they're rigged, i think the mods have better things to do than rig them. also, why would they rig them?

Deliriumbassist
01-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Why WOULD mods rig contests for girls that they will most likely have no contact WHATSOEVER with?

And why do you presume that only guitarists visit this site?

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:25 PM
can anyone respond to this who isnt a forum troller?

and i believe this is a site suggestion forum, not a flame forum.

My evidence is that girls are winning contests 50% of the time, and I HIGHLY doubt that 50% of contest entries are from girls. You're right, im foolish to think that all people who visit this site are guitarists, but my point is, that most people who visit this site are guys, not girls. Get real. Use common sense.

Fretsonfire: contests arent comparable to sporting events. you dont get a drawing out of a hat and win the US Open.

Mods would rig contests with fake names so they dont have to give prizes away. That makes a lot of sense to me. Look at all the names.. They are all biblical christian names, usually one syllable, with very english last names.

Deliriumbassist
01-15-2008, 07:29 PM
can anyone respond to this who isnt a forum troller?

and i believe this is a site suggestion forum, not a flame forum.

If anything, YOU'RE trolling, by making this ludicrous accusation.

And it's not exactly a suggestion, is it?

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:32 PM
you are deaf, you didnt read a single word I wrote, and i've been patient. you havent considered what I wrote either. so to be honest, I really dont care what you have to write, and I will wait for someone with a decent reply.

saying "you're ludicrous" doesnt mean much to me little buddy.

Deliriumbassist
01-15-2008, 07:35 PM
You are accusing a website of rigging contests. That's a HUGE accusation. Especially since UG has little to do with contests as well, as my knowledge currently stands.

Mods would rig contests with fake names so they dont have to give prizes away. That makes a lot of sense to me. Look at all the names.. They are all biblical christian names, usually one syllable, with very english last names.

This point is probably the biggest amount of bollocks I've read. They aren't all "biblical christian names" at all. There is no conspiracy, you haven't worked out some sort of malpractice.

Paul Lambeth
01-15-2008, 07:35 PM
I will wait for someone with a decent reply.

I think I have the right to go back on my word here...

"I will wait for someone with a decent reply" to you means "I will wait for someone else who thinks the contests are rigged with no evidence other than girls winning it as much as boys".

If you really think it this much, you could take it to the courts, but as they are claiming no money for it there's no damages done.

Is that a decent reply for you?

Phillitalian
01-15-2008, 07:41 PM
you are deaf, you didnt read a single word I wrote, and i've been patient.

i just had to laugh at you there

fretsonfire74
01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Fretsonfire: contests arent comparable to sporting events. you dont get a drawing out of a hat and win the US Open.

thats not what i meant, what i meant was does he throw a tantrum every time he loses a sporting event, or if he doesn't do well in an exam etc.

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks Paul. I love the sarcasm, and once again, im not trying to start a flame war or anything like that here. Im just trying to see if anyone else agrees with this idea. The fact that the same 4 people keep saying "im a ludicrous idiot" doesnt really get anything accomplished now, does it?

Elaine Cassell. Cole Mayer. Anthony Thibodeaux; Michael Thomas, Ashley Myers, Rory Thompson, Conor Schley, Shelli Workman. Brad Gillespie; Carol Lowman, Daved Terrell, Jimmie Applegate, Lori Malone. Jordan Lane; Katherine Martin; Nick Fazio. Irene Lacommare, Carl Johnson, Sara Alvaro. Timothy Chalfant; Catherine KingChuparkoff, John Geddie, Suzanne Reichel, Keith Blanda, Chuck Holland. Trisha Johnson; Stephen Barbera, Jennifer Barr. Scott Reynolds. Rebekah Rutley.

13 girls, 17 guys. Nearly every other. Thats really all the proof i can get. Almost all simple, american names.

SilentDeftone
01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
The mods have nothing to do with the contests.

The owners and operators of UG are Russian, so much for your "american bias."

-SD :dance:

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:45 PM
phillitalian: you're right, that was dumb, but what i meant was true. the kid kept on saying im an idiot to everything i wrote, its annoying.

Paul Lambeth
01-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Thanks Paul. I love the sarcasm, and once again, im not trying to start a flame war or anything like that here. Im just trying to see if anyone else agrees with this idea. The fact that the same 4 people keep saying "im a ludicrous idiot" doesnt really get anything accomplished now, does it?

Elaine Cassell. Cole Mayer. Anthony Thibodeaux; Michael Thomas, Ashley Myers, Rory Thompson, Conor Schley, Shelli Workman. Brad Gillespie; Carol Lowman, Daved Terrell, Jimmie Applegate, Lori Malone. Jordan Lane; Katherine Martin; Nick Fazio. Irene Lacommare, Carl Johnson, Sara Alvaro. Timothy Chalfant; Catherine KingChuparkoff, John Geddie, Suzanne Reichel, Keith Blanda, Chuck Holland. Trisha Johnson; Stephen Barbera, Jennifer Barr. Scott Reynolds. Rebekah Rutley.

13 girls, 17 guys. Nearly every other. Thats really all the proof i can get. Almost all simple, american names.

The sarcasm was purely in the last line. I've given a reason that there's no point to raising it, even if it were true.

"13 girls, 17 guys"
That's not 50:50. That's a majority of guys.

"Almost all"
That's not all. And as I said, almost all WOULD be simple American/British names.

mkodesch
The mods have nothing to do with the contests.

The owners and operators of UG are Russian, so much for your "american bias."

the point im trying to make is that noone is winning. these are fake, generic names. please, read the posts before criticizing me.

Deliriumbassist
phillitalian: you're right, that was dumb, but what i meant was true. the kid kept on saying im an idiot to everything i wrote, its annoying.

I don't think anyone except you has used the word "idiot" in this thread.

UG has very little to do with the contests. Take it up with the contest organisers if you're feeling righteous.

the point im trying to make is that noone is winning. these are fake, generic names. please, read the posts before criticizing me.

Again, where is your proof for this? You have a list of names, that proves nothing.

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:49 PM
paul: have you ever taken a stats course? you really arent being reasonable. it should be 29 guys and 1 girl. thats somewhat believable. but nearly 50:50 is quite ridiculous.

dont try and argue this, im not changing my opinion on who visits and enters these contests. when was the last time you even saw a girl post on these forums? honestly?

Paul Lambeth
01-15-2008, 07:53 PM
paul: have you ever taken a stats course? you really arent being reasonable. it should be 29 guys and 1 girl. thats somewhat believable. but nearly 50:50 is quite ridiculous.

dont try and argue this, im not changing my opinion on who visits and enters these contests. when was the last time you even saw a girl post on these forums? honestly?

I see girls all the time on the *website* - forum usage is mainly in the pits, and that is mainly centered around "male talk", hence you do not see an abundance, but I can assure you there are many female users of this website. In answer to your question, today.

Also, yes, I am currently studying A level Stats maths.

"They are generic names" - so now generic means unusual?

Also, the number of girls I know who are fans of the bands the contests are about is phenominal, almost outnumbering the guys.

fretsonfire74
01-15-2008, 07:55 PM

then whats the point in making this thread? seriously. you're not even considering what people are saying, so why keep going with this thread? i would be quite happy to see you banned.

mkodesch
01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
k, thanks paul, im done with this. im not going to argue something like this with "mindless zombies". i hate to be a name caller, but i find it incredibly hard to believe you wont even consider this.

im done with UG forums anyhow. there are too many uneducated teenagers. back to the guitarpro music.

ciao

Deliriumbassist
01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Also, yes, I am currently studying A level Stats maths.

Good luck with your exams on that. Stats was alright when I took it, S2 is a piece o'piss, you only need 4 or 5 formulas, lol.

And I took a stats module in my first year of uni. The only way you can determine who is likely to be contest winners is by understanding the population.

Most people in the USA are white. Agreed.
50% female, 50% male, give or take a few percent. Agreed.
Contests are usually open to just USA citizens. Therefore, it's going to be mostly white winners. 50% female, 50% male. Give or take a few percent.

There are a shedload of people who visit the site that haven't joined the forums, that enter the contests. Don't try to say that a list of names is conclusive proof, because it just plain isn't.

SilentDeftone
01-15-2008, 08:04 PM
I was not criticizing, I was pointing out a few facts about the site.

when was the last time you even saw a girl post on these forums? honestly?
Today. And yesterday. And the day before. Etc.

Paul Lambeth
01-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Good luck with your exams on that. Stats was alright when I took it, S2 is a piece o'piss, you only need 4 or 5 formulas, lol.

And I took a stats module in my first year of uni. The only way you can determine who is likely to be contest winners is by understanding the population.

Most people in the USA are white. Agreed.
50% female, 50% male, give or take a few percent. Agreed.
Contests are usually open to just USA citizens. Therefore, it's going to be mostly white winners. 50% female, 50% male. Give or take a few percent.

There are a shedload of people who visit the site that haven't joined the forums, that enter the contests. Don't try to say that a list of names is conclusive proof, because it just plain isn't.

Thanks! They're up in a few months, (yep..agreed) I'm pretty confident.

GoodCharloteSux
01-15-2008, 08:43 PM
although I think this guys is an idiot....... I don't think Ive ever seen a thread that said " hey I won" and Ive been here for 4 years.

Dimster Ds
01-15-2008, 09:14 PM
although I think this guys is an idiot....... I don't think Ive ever seen a thread that said " hey I won" and Ive been here for 4 years.
True, he might be right.

But what can we do?

garden of grey
01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
:haha :haha :haha

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/gnr5999/moronoldman.jpg

He sent this to me after he posted in the drug thread bitching along the lines of "So we can have a thread for junkies but my thread trying to help the site was closed?!?!" to which I replied that it was locked because it was in the wrong forum and his inductive reasoning is hilarious.

Congrats you supposedly 20-something year old man who takes the time to talk to a child like he is a child. :cheers:

I would link some guitar videos, but I want another awesome PM from you :haha

P.S.:

I knew a guy who won a scholarship to some guitar camp off of here about six months ago. Just throwing that out there :haha

FrenchyFungus
01-25-2008, 06:25 AM
Your secret's out, Doug.

*closed*