Blues Lick

PDA

View Full Version : Blues Lick

Mouse25314
01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
I've been practicing my blues licks lately, and I found one bend I particularly like.

It's when you bend from the 5th all the way up a step and a half to the b7. I really like how it sounds. But after I do that mind blowing bend, I can't think of any quick licks after that one bend. I like to use a quick little run or two after using a big bend, but this one isn't really coming to me.

Anyone have any ideas?

This is the bend in the key of A

-------------------
-----17^20---------
------------14-----
-------------------
-------------------
-------------------

20minsolos4life
01-15-2008, 11:29 PM
try this:

------------------------------15H17-----17^20------------------------------------------------------
-----17^20------15H17------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------14------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as you stay go back to the regular pentatonic and throw a repeating lick in you can't go wrong. It's a unique bend though..

Firebread
01-16-2008, 11:21 PM
----------------------------------------------------------
17^20--------------------------------------------------
-----------15H17--------15(add vibrato)------------
---------------------17----------------------------------

Not very good at tabbing out things, sorry.